Page 81 of 851 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181581 ... LastLast

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Length
    SL/BSL/Waist
    Type
    3a/M/ii

Question Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Another thing - has any of you curlies tried the Simply Organics products? I think it's an American brand.

Can you recommend their shampoo and conditioner if you have tried it?

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Forest View Post
    Another thing - has any of you curlies tried the Simply Organics products? I think it's an American brand.

Can you recommend their shampoo and conditioner if you have tried it?
    I haven't tried it. I have so many products now sitting around that I am not not not going to

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil

Hello all! I'm sorry if this has been previously mentioned, (I've not yet made my way through the entire thread) but I was wonderig if anyone has every read the book, "Curly Girl" by Lorraine Massey. It's all about curly hair care and maintenance, tips I'm sure many of you ladies already know but several that were new to me. If anyone has read it I would love to hear their opinion!

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly_girl View Post
    Hello all! I'm sorry if this has been previously mentioned, (I've not yet made my way through the entire thread) but I was wonderig if anyone has every read the book, "Curly Girl" by Lorraine Massey. It's all about curly hair care and maintenance, tips I'm sure many of you ladies already know but several that were new to me. If anyone has read it I would love to hear their opinion!
    Yes, I've read it, I have it. It was what first turned me on to loving my wavy/curly hair and taught me how to properly care for it, as well as what to look for in products. When I do co washes, I do it the curly girl way. I still use some of the recipes from that book too.
    Last edited by SpiralingWaves; August 5th, 2008 at 06:54 AM. Reason: to add quote

Length
    12/28/40
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

I am a newbie but definately wurly! I have quite straight hair on the top and underneath it's very coarse and curly. I just started CO and letting it air dry until damp and then braiding and so far I love it! I've always had challenging hair and thought shorted was better but looking at some of the lovely long haired wurlies I think I've officially decided that it will be fabulous long... Totally giving up on my straightening iron though.. time to go natural

Length
    ??/33/36
    Type
    3a/M/iii

I just switched from CO to shampoo bars, on the grounds that plastic bottles are horrible for the environment. I'm feeling very smug, environmentally, but my curls are falling apart! They're all puffy, you know, without as much internal curl integrity, kind of. Like before I started moisturizing my hair properly. I'm so sad. I love my CO curls! But...but...the planet! How do I choose?!

Sigh. I wonder if I can get them back with heavy pre-oilings. I'd really like to make my own conditioner, but the ingredient lists on the bottles are a mile long and full of things that aren't in the store, even with natural-type conditioners. How did they ever invent something so complicated?
    It's potion time.

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly_girl View Post
    YES! That was the same story for me! I just bought the book again actually because I gave the first one away to a curly friend!
    Quote Originally Posted by salamander View Post
    I just switched from CO to shampoo bars, on the grounds that plastic bottles are horrible for the environment. I'm feeling very smug, environmentally, but my curls are falling apart! They're all puffy, you know, without as much internal curl integrity, kind of. Like before I started moisturizing my hair properly. I'm so sad. I love my CO curls! But...but...the planet! How do I choose?!

Sigh. I wonder if I can get them back with heavy pre-oilings. I'd really like to make my own conditioner, but the ingredient lists on the bottles are a mile long and full of things that aren't in the store, even with natural-type conditioners. How did they ever invent something so complicated?
    I didn't do well with shampoo bars. Do you have hard water by any chance? Can you just recycle the plastic bottles?

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil

Length
    SL/BSL/Waist
    Type
    3a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by salamander View Post
    I'd really like to make my own conditioner, but the ingredient lists on the bottles are a mile long and full of things that aren't in the store, even with natural-type conditioners. How did they ever invent something so complicated?
    Isn't one of the up's of home made conditioners that they don't have as many ingridients as the ones you buy? I have never tried my self but I have read on other forums that people have had success with home made stuff. Have you looked at any recipes?

Length
    30"/30"/waist
    Type
    3a/F/i/ii

I'm new to the forum, but I'm a curly-haired lass. I've just started experimenting with no 'poo and CO washes. My hair is actually behaving better than I thought it would. The pic in my avatar was taken after CO for a week -- my hair is so much softer and I think it's getting curlier as time goes on!

Quick question (I've not read through the whole thread, so forgive me for any repetition): I used to use product on my curls to help define them and keep away the frizzies. Since starting CO, I haven't used any product. Is there something recommended that's green/organic and will wash out with CO?

Thanks in advance and I'm glad I found this place! There's so much info it's almost overwhelming.

~StarWitch~

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by starwitch78 View Post
    I'm new to the forum, but I'm a curly-haired lass. I've just started experimenting with no 'poo and CO washes. My hair is actually behaving better than I thought it would. The pic in my avatar was taken after CO for a week -- my hair is so much softer and I think it's getting curlier as time goes on!

Quick question (I've not read through the whole thread, so forgive me for any repetition): I used to use product on my curls to help define them and keep away the frizzies. Since starting CO, I haven't used any product. Is there something recommended that's green/organic and will wash out with CO?

Thanks in advance and I'm glad I found this place! There's so much info it's almost overwhelming.

~StarWitch~
    Hi! Welcome! You might try 100% aloe vera gel (the clear kind) you use it just like the hairstyling kind but it rinses right out. It doesn't do much for me but some curlies really like it. I only use a leave-in conditioner and coconut oil mostly. Sometimes if I want to leave my hair down and curly (not in the summer!) I use LA Looks Sports gel or something that will rinse out easily.