Results 8,061 to 8,070 of 8501

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Length
    Pixie/APL/TBL
    Type
    3b/C/iii

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Quote Originally Posted by elfynity View Post
    I washed my hair with very diluted sulphate shampoo to get rid of the dimethicone. Do you think the dimethicone will be gone in one wash.
    Probably. If you only used it once, it won't have built up a heavy layer in the hair. The problem with dimethicone is that it keeps building up on itself, so regular use needs regular sulphate washes to get rid of it. I learned that years ago when my partner commented that my problem hair felt 'like dolls' hair'. I laughed and said, "What? Plastic?" Then I realised what was going on.

Length
    APL/28.5"/TBL
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Hi Alibran, it was just that once, so I am sure now that I managed to get it out. I'd be surprised if some stayed behind. Crazy about the dolls hair - but go figure!
    BSL -> MBL -> WL (almost) -> Hip->TBL!

Length
    SL/22.8/32
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Hope it's okay if I jump in this group as a new member to the forum

Embracing the odd texture(s) of my hair is something I aspire to master this year, along with a wonderful flowing mane!

Length
    Pixie/APL/TBL
    Type
    3b/C/iii

Has anyone used a PuffCuff to secure ponytails or updos? I've just come across it on Amazon, and I'm wondering if it might be my miracle hair toy. I've been using banana clips and they're amazingly comfortable, but I snap several a week, and every time I take one out, it leaves some of its teeth behind in my hair.

Length
    NL/APL/HL
    Type
    4a/C/ii/iii

Who here does *not* use curly girl method? Or keeps their hair stretched in some way? I'm curious
    in a possibly permanent lurk mode

Length
    SH/SH/WL
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

I’m curly girl. I’m getting all my wurls and curls back and love it. Even if sometimes it feels like I’m fighting my own hair and it’s winning.
    Growing Out Order of Annoyance: Undercut, Bangs, Layers, Thinning
    2019 Goal Thickness: 2.75" 3.00" 3.25" 3.50" 3.75" 4.00" 4.25"

Quote Originally Posted by blackgothicdoll View Post
    Who here does *not* use curly girl method? Or keeps their hair stretched in some way? I'm curious
    I do it 50/50....or so ...... got the book and products, but my hair hated the products and so I went back to SLS and cones

I plop/scrunch but don't use gel....my hair is too fine for it.....LOC works great for me.

In the Winter/cold weather I use a dryer on my scalp (the ends are almost dry out of the towel) because my hair is 1c in dry air.

A diffuser is only used in the Summer with high humidity and my double volume curl explosions to cut frizz.

Terry cloth turbans from Etsy are preferred over microfiber which gives me frizz (too grippy)....been using hers for YEARS

YMMV

ooops...just noticed it double posted
    Last edited by Groovy Granny; January 31st, 2019 at 09:18 PM.

Type
    3c/F/ii

I'm experimenting with adding cones back in, in the name of protecting the ends from mechanical damage by sealing them up (and wearing my hair up). I feel like I'm betraying the CG club!

Length
    APL/??/CL
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by blackgothicdoll View Post
    I don’t really use CG. Scrunching presents a tangling problem for me. And most of my curls are bigger than typical 3b but smaller than 3a, but I have a variety of textures on my head ranging from 2c-4a. I even have a small group of 10-15 hairs above my left ear that doesn’t really curl or wave at all. Needless to say, my hair is a hot mess if left to its own devices. Multiethnic hair is a real PITA if you ask me; mine is, anyway. So yeah, I try to keep my hair stretched both because of tangling issues and to try to even out my textures. My wave pattern(s) do not seem to match my curl patterns for whatever reason, but at least when it’s stretched it looks a bit more uniform and doesn’t tangle nearly as much.
    Classic stretched, bcl to tbl most days otherwise.
    Unruly mix of 3s.