Results 7,891 to 7,900 of 8501

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Length
    24.5/38.5/40
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    You're welcome. I understand that you want to wait, and that's perfectly fine, but I think you can "sneak around" the waist to tailbone length thread already, for sure!
    i really appreciate your encouragment

Length
    24.5/38.5/40
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Jo Ann View Post
    Amiraaah, I'm with Lapushka! Your hair is just hitting the top of your belt in your picture!

And yes, by Christmas, you can DEFINITELY call it solidly at waist! Congratulations!
    thank you i feel that our hairs look similar somehow but yours is prettier

Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Amiraaah, thank you! I blame my Youngest Dear Son--he took the picture and he's fussy when I ask him to do a length shot for me!

Yours picks up the shine better. And we DO look like hair twins!
    Not Cut, But After Washing, Before Brushing and Bunning...Baby steps!

Length
    2/22?/35
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/i/ii

I struggle to predict if my hair is going to dry straight but frizzy, wavy wurly or really curly, then it rains any way.
    Hair tomorrow, hair yesterday, but never hair today!

Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

OhSuzi, I've almost given up on how my hair will come out when it's dry--although how it does while it's drying gives me a pretty good idea. The curls form will form early on. If I damp bun it early on, it might dry straighter or it might dry curly, depending on whether I LOC first. If I damp bun it later, it usually comes out straighter.

Weather changes everything.
    Not Cut, But After Washing, Before Brushing and Bunning...Baby steps!

Length
    bob/MB/WL
    Type
    3a/F/i/ii

Hi there! I'm new to this thread and back here after a long hiatus.

I would like to know what other curlies do for the hair while it dries if they don't want to let it dry loose. In the winter, it takes so long for my hair to dry that I often don't want to wait around for two hours waiting for my hair to dry, freezing my butt off...

If I wrap it around my head to straighten it as it dries, I end up with really flat hair on the top of my head. If I braid my hair -- and the ends of my braids are about the size of a sharpie marker -- then it looks like I've put it through a crimping iron when I undo the braids! If I do a hairstick bun, my hair gets really flat around the sides of my head (and usually the top, too, if I don't clip the top forward in sort of a semi-pouf first.

If I do a loose looped ponytail on the top of my head, I end up with a head full of chaotic cowlicks. Horizontal hair that's neither curly nor straight...just angry.

I've been trying to figure this out all my life....not an exaggeration....and why I was a curling iron and hairdryer addict since high school.

Yikes! I'd love a hairstyle that gets my hair out of the way while it dries, but still leaves my hair looking ok when I take it out of that style later. My hair may be just way too fine for there to be a decent solution.

Lady Tangocurl of the Scepter-Twined Tresses in the Order of the Long Haired Knights.
    Currently BSL in the back when stretched, and a couple inches shy of BSL in the front. Very basic 3a. No cones. No heat styling.

Length
    bob/MB/WL
    Type
    3a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Jo Ann View Post
    I could SO relate to the beauty shop one--immediately after and 2 minutes later
    These comics made my day.

Lady Tangocurl of the Scepter-Twined Tresses in the Order of the Long Haired Knights.
    Currently BSL in the back when stretched, and a couple inches shy of BSL in the front. Very basic 3a. No cones. No heat styling.

Hi, my hair type is 2c and I have a few hair problems.
    First let me tell you my hair routine. I wash my hair once a week with shampoo that contains SLS. I never use conditioner(my hair feels sticky after conditioner no matter what brand I use or how well I rinse ). I oil my lengths throughout the week with castor oil, coconut oil and avocado oil. I also oil my hair after shampooing as my hair is very dry.
    Now, the problems are :
    1.My hair is very dry even when I use an oil treatment as pre-poo. ( Using a shampoo without sulphates is not an option).
    2.My hair does not curl immediately but does so only around the 3rd day.
    3.My hair looks great at home but as soon as I go out it becomes like straw (dry, rough, and loses curl).

I live in a hot climate. The temperature is about 70°-90°F , humidity is about 65-100%, and dew point is 69°- 73°.

I would really appreciate it if you could give me a solution.

Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by tangocurl View Post
    Hi there! I'm new to this thread and back here after a long hiatus.

I would like to know what other curlies do for the hair while it dries if they don't want to let it dry loose. .... I'd love a hairstyle that gets my hair out of the way while it dries, but still leaves my hair looking ok when I take it out of that style later. My hair may be just way too fine for there to be a decent solution.
    I use a small claw clip to make a bit of a pouf on top in a half-up so the top isn't flat/straight, and just let it dry while lying down my back. It's out of the way as I go about my business, and having the half-up on top of my head instead of behind my head means the back of my head gets a chance to dry, too.

I'm just not ready to be a Renegray yet!
    Avatar credit to the lovely milagro

Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Poojasaravanan View Post
    Hi, my hair type is 2c and I have a few hair problems.
    First let me tell you my hair routine. I wash my hair once a week with shampoo that contains SLS. I never use conditioner(my hair feels sticky after conditioner no matter what brand I use or how well I rinse ). I oil my lengths throughout the week with castor oil, coconut oil and avocado oil. I also oil my hair after shampooing as my hair is very dry.
    Now, the problems are :
    1.My hair is very dry even when I use an oil treatment as pre-poo. ( Using a shampoo without sulphates is not an option).
    2.My hair does not curl immediately but does so only around the 3rd day.
    3.My hair looks great at home but as soon as I go out it becomes like straw (dry, rough, and loses curl).

I live in a hot climate. The temperature is about 70°-90°F , humidity is about 65-100%, and dew point is 69°- 73°.

I would really appreciate it if you could give me a solution.
    Since you won't use any conditioner, you're going to end up with dryness, I'm afraid.

Have you tried using aloe mixed in with your oil?

Or have you tried a mild diluted ACV rinse after using conditioner to see if you like the feel of that better?

I'm just not ready to be a Renegray yet!
    Avatar credit to the lovely milagro