Page 788 of 851 FirstFirst ... 288688738778786787788789790798838 ... LastLast
Results 7,871 to 7,880 of 8501

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Account Closed by Member Request

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Yes ladies, I am happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Groovy Granny View Post
    I just realized in the dead of Winter (my sleek season) that I am not as sleek as I thought...if I don't manipulate my hair too much and air dry for a bit before drying my scalp.

In Summer I curl in humidity..period (exploding curls lol); now in the drier months I have a choice....which will add more texture to my increasingly wispy, slippery, silver

I just added my leave ins, did a warm/cool blow dry to my scalp about 15+ min later, and then 'left it'; no scrunching...and it curled big time!

I will post a pic this Summer when I am back at Hip and do no manipulation at all.

The reason I believe is that the majority of my hair is now silver, and it is finer, wispier, and tends to curl easily.

Usually I do a quick blow dry of my scalp immediately,and I rake my fingers through as I am drying.
    I leave the ends to air dry, which leaves me with a very puffy curl, that settles to a sleek wave if I style it, and over the next week.

Imagine if I encouraged the curl
    That lasted 1 evening

I woke up with sleek, slippery hair that refused to stay in French Braid Ponytail...and I refuse to oil/dampen clean hair (love the soft fluff)

Ah well...at least I know even in Winter I can 'wash and go with pretty curls' after a quick scalp dry

2 weeks later I am getting yet another sneak peak into what my 'Summer look' will be.

We are having an abnormally warm spell here in the Northeast, and today my hair went from sleek to perm curls overnight in the humid air.
    I tried to get pics of my many different colors and textures but they failed to convey the actual curl action going in all areas.
    It is quite a picture in person let me tell you

Pinpointing a hair type is very tough; I can be sleek in dry air with silver coils in high humidity...or a mix.
    My silver is so fine, interspersed throughout my 30% remaining darker/medium hair; plus with lots of new growth from crown to hemline, it is almost impossible to define my curls

Thankfully I am 100% comfortable with it, and just throw it up in whatever style will work that day to manage the air temp/humidity/wind/texture etc

It is never boring
    Last edited by Groovy Granny; February 25th, 2017 at 09:02 PM.

2b-3a, F, i - 9 year old girl. She constantly asks me about how to grow long hair, how I keep my hair shiny, why I don't have to cut it very often, etc, and I have no good tips for her since she has curls (some parts of her hair is curly, some are wavy, and some straight).

Her hair is slowly getting longer (APL), but she has been growing for a long time now. She has nice hair, with potential to be very beautiful, but it is pretty dry and she has to cut it fairly often for the ends to look decent. She is extremely active, so mechanical damage is unavoidable.

Does anyone have a very simple routine I can share with her? Maybe some products that can work for her hair? Like a deep conditioner? A good brush (she has a tangle teezer)? Something she can manage herself or that is easy for her mother to do.

She likes my straight hair, and often wants to straighten hers. I would want for her to love her natural texture, and see the beauty in it. So I feel like she would probably love her waves/curls more if she had products/routine that really "made her hair shine".
    Hair thickness:6.2 cm (2.4'') Longest: TBL + Current length: APL (maintaining) Goal length: Waist

Length
    Chin/Waist/Class
    Type
    3c/4a/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lucid View Post
    2b-3a, F, i - 9 year old girl. She constantly asks me about how to grow long hair, how I keep my hair shiny, why I don't have to cut it very often, etc, and I have no good tips for her since she has curls (some parts of her hair is curly, some are wavy, and some straight).

Her hair is slowly getting longer (APL), but she has been growing for a long time now. She has nice hair, with potential to be very beautiful, but it is pretty dry and she has to cut it fairly often for the ends to look decent. She is extremely active, so mechanical damage is unavoidable.

Does anyone have a very simple routine I can share with her? Maybe some products that can work for her hair? Like a deep conditioner? A good brush (she has a tangle teezer)? Something she can manage herself or that is easy for her mother to do.

She likes my straight hair, and often wants to straighten hers. I would want for her to love her natural texture, and see the beauty in it. So I feel like she would probably love her waves/curls more if she had products/routine that really "made her hair shine".
    I would say co-washing and detangling with a wide tooth comb. Perhaps show her how to do a top knot for when she's very active to help cut down on mechanical damage?

Length
    Neck/APL/TBL
    Type
    3c/C/ii

I agree and would add the curly girl method, or LOC method and a satin pillow case
    Curly: Neck --> SL --> APL --> BSL --> WL --> HL --> BCL --> TBL
    Straight: SL --> APL --> BSL --> WL --> HL --> BCL --> TBL --> Classic

Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

Had to share this with my fellow curlies!

I Illustrated What It’s Like Living With Curly Hair

I'm just not ready to be a Renegray yet!
    Avatar credit to the lovely milagro

Length
    Chin/Waist/Class
    Type
    3c/4a/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by GRU View Post

This is so true. The wet to dry comic is forever my struggle.
    On my way to BSL...

Length
    Pixie/APL/???
    Type
    2c/3a/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by GRU View Post

That is perfect. I lol at the ponytail one.
    Pix~Bob~CBL~Shoulder~APL~BSL~MBL~Waist~Hip~TBL~CL...We'll see
    WO/SO due to scalp hating EVERYTHING! Slowly regrowing from a massive shed and trimming often to keep the ends healthy.

I've given up on sleek hair. Before grey, it used to happen. Now I'm beginning to realise - and accept - that with ever-increasing grey, my hair is wurlier than ever and is more likely to look wild than polished. So most days I throw it up in a bun and forget about it and consider myself blessed that I'm not trying to wrestle it into some kind of short style that has to be 'just so'.