Page 774 of 851 FirstFirst ... 274674724764772773774775776784824 ... LastLast
Results 7,731 to 7,740 of 8501

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Length
    CL/APL/happy
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Hi all, another wurly curly here! I became curly at puberty. After pregnancy, I have 1b-3a hair, in patches, all over my head! I'm lucky in that I can work/rock straight to curly hair with minimal damage from stylers and heat. When curly, I'm a boticelli and I love it! But whoa, work! I'm not sure how my hair will react the longer it grows, I'm hoping my texture will even out. I'm also a member on naturallycurly.com and have tried just about everything they offer! I have to wash with shampoo, and my hair and I love cones! It's great to see the long length on curlies!
    " And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"- Nietzche

Length
    31/56.5/term

Quote Originally Posted by TrapperCreekD View Post
    Hmm, I've not had a problem with scalp tangles. It could be a slip issue, so you might want to reintroduce some cones (personally wouldn't put them above ear level) and see if it helps any. I'm sorry if it was clear and I missed it, are you inquiring about in-the-shower detangling or between-washes detangling? When I detangle between washes, I just comb it out dry, albeit carefully, with no problems. Sure, it's frizzy, but it's going up in some form anyway. Most of the time I will spritz diluted conditioner on the combed length and then seal with a few drops of oil and that helps a lot of the cotton candy-ness.
    Well, in-shower vs. between-washes... Really, either, both, but I'm mainly trying to figure out the in-shower, to where I don't have to put any conditioner on my scalp. Who knows, that might actually be part of the problem of the tangles (ie, making me shed more, and it's mainly getting any shed hairs loose that is the problem, I think), but I also had a fairly moderate shed not quite two years ago, so some of the regrowth from that (from the front/top of my head) very possibly isn't even down to my nape and may (or may not!) be causing issues.

Between-washes...well, it just doesn't get detangled between washes much of the time, to be honest. If I add any conditioner/oil (always on wet/damp hair), that's it as far as being able to mess with it, and it doesn't get detangled again until the next wash.

The conditioner I had been using pre-LHC (and possibly for a bit at first, not sure) was discontinued/reformulated (they took the cone out of it!), although I *do* believe I still have some of the conditioner from when I used to dye my hair around. The Feria stuff that was awesome to the point I didn't always use it (slickest 'conditioner' I've ever used, and my hair didn't really need it). Not sure how good it is now, though, being it's been sitting unused for a decade, but could always, I suppose, use it up until find something else, or see if cones might help, at least. Or more than the other ones available that I've used periodically, although since the other conditioner doesn't like my hair or skin, I kept it solidly to the length, only, so...obviously, it didn't make detangling too much easier. Declutter and experiment at the same time.

? F i/ii

Length
    20/26/33
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii/iii

Curlies & Wavies, what is your favorite protective updo that doesn't change your hair pattern? I need to protect my ends from the endless claws-of-the-backpack-strap situation: (
    Neck length 44cm -> APL 55 cm -> BSL 68cm -> Waist 85cm-> Hip 90cm -> BCL 96cm

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by maegalcarwen View Post
    Curlies & Wavies, what is your favorite protective updo that doesn't change your hair pattern? I need to protect my ends from the endless claws-of-the-backpack-strap situation: (
    The lazy wrap bun (LWB)! It leaves my waves basically alone. They do sag, a little more each day, but that just comes with the territory.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    CL/APL/happy
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    The lazy wrap bun (LWB)! It leaves my waves basically alone. They do sag, a little more each day, but that just comes with the territory.
    I second this!
    " And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"- Nietzche

Type
    3a/C/ii/iii

I need wurly and curly friends on LHC! So I am here to meet you all.

is there any way to do a LWB with a hair tie or spin pin?? i dont have any sticks or forks.

Length
    ~Wst/TBL/~Cls
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

*revives thread*

So I was perusing the hair care aisle in Walmart, as one does, and in the "ethnic" section noticed the ORS Olive Oil Smooth n' Hold pudding/gel. Has anyone used this? I managed to resist buying it but I'm getting towards the bottom of my KCCC, and if this is very similar for a third of the price...
    Wavy, wurly, sometimes curly; on my way to healthier, longer hair!

~Waist → Hip BCL TBL Goal: TBL+ V hem

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

*revives thread*

So I was perusing the hair care aisle in Walmart, as one does, and in the "ethnic" section noticed the ORS Olive Oil Smooth n' Hold pudding/gel. Has anyone used this? I managed to resist buying it but I'm getting towards the bottom of my KCCC, and if this is very similar for a third of the price...
    Then why not try it? I'd get the KCCC and the ORS, this way you can test the ORS out all while having something that you know your hair will like when it's bad.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

*revives thread*

Cracking up at the "as one does" comment.... so true, as only those who hang out at LHC will understand!

As for the product you discussed, the third ingredient is mineral oil, which is a huge NO for me/my hair, so I'm afraid I can't give any advice.

(Not sure what the deal is, but mineral oil seems to build up on my hair, make it grabby/velcro-like. Some people adore it, but it just does not work for me and my CO-washing routine for whatever reason.)

I'm just not ready to be a Renegray yet!
    Avatar credit to the lovely milagro