Results 7,711 to 7,720 of 8501

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Length
    SL/Hip/TERM
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jeanniet View Post
    I don't think some diffuser drying will hurt. Try air drying for a while and then diffusing. I always diffuse a bit and then air dry, but sometimes I diffuse more at the end. This time of year it takes a long time for my hair to dry, and it's pretty short! I never diffuse too long because I get bored, and I hold the dryer far enough away that I doubt there's any harm.
    Thanks Jeanniet! I'm not fond of walking around with wet hair, especially during the winter! My hair takes a while to dry too, so it's pretty cold and miserable to try to air dry it. I usually diffuse till about 80% dry and then let it dry the rest of the way.

Current ​Length Stretched: BSL
    Next goal: ​Waist

Length
    ?/BSL+/?
    Type
    3b/3c/M/ii

I do it the other way around, first airdry and then diffuse. I think this leqves more efined curls.
    Doing this once a week, I grew my hair to waist... I did have dry and damaged ends, but I admit I don't really pamper my hair that much.. I even abuse it from time to time (blowouts... Yeah )

It depends on how much your hair can take, and how long you want to grow, but I don't think the diffuser is all that horrible.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Hotrox View Post
    I read here that if the heat doesn't burn your skin then it won't frazzle your hair!! Don't keep it in the same spot for too long and don't dry it completely, like this the damage is very negligible. Someone even posted an article recently that careful blow drying is less damaging than air drying!! So, drop the guilt and do what makes you and your hair happy
    Yep, true. The best way to test it is to hold your hand in the airstream for a while. It gets hotter, blowdryers tend to heat up. So after a while, if it's still cool to comfy warm instead of scorching, it should be fine for your hair.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    SL/Hip/TERM
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Upside Down View Post
    I do it the other way around, first airdry and then diffuse. I think this leqves more efined curls.
    Doing this once a week, I grew my hair to waist... I did have dry and damaged ends, but I admit I don't really pamper my hair that much.. I even abuse it from time to time (blowouts... Yeah )

It depends on how much your hair can take, and how long you want to grow, but I don't think the diffuser is all that horrible.
    I also had grown to waist dry and almost hip stretched...and ONLY diffused my hair. Never did anything else to it. I didn't own any flat irons or hot tools other than a dryer. In the past,I haven't been the smartest when it comes to how I treat my hair- a little over a year ago I got a keratin treatment they promised would "wear off"....it didn't I think some peoples hair can handle more, but mine is fine and fragile. This picture is my hair before I damaged it. I'm hoping to get back there one day. I think my hair is really a mix of 3a and 3b, but the keratin treatment makes it looser. The top half of my hair is starting to look like this photo again, which is hopeful. That salon treatment was the last time I had my hair flat ironed or blow dried straight. I threw away all my hot tools. now I'm back to only diffusing. Life is a teacher indeed. i get sad when I see this picture, but I remind myself that I can do it again! I just wish hair grew faster!!!

Current ​Length Stretched: BSL
    Next goal: ​Waist

Length
    Ear/Chin/CL
    Type
    3a/3b/C/iii

My hair is naturally curly 3a-3b, however, I have noticed that as my hair gets longer, the heavier it gets, which in turn, pulls on my curls, resulting in more wavy than curly sometimes. Does anyone else experience this phenomenon?
    3a-3b/C/iii
    (Ear)-Chin-SL-CBL-APL-MBL-WL-HL-TBL-CL
    Lady Addance of the Insightful Mind in the Order of the Longhaired Knights!

Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

The tops of my curls are definitely dragged down by the weight of my hair, but the ends are still spirals.

I'm just not ready to be a Renegray yet!
    Avatar credit to the lovely milagro

Length
    19/23.5/30
    Type
    3a/M/ii/iii

Coveredbylove, Your curls are so pretty! I'm sure you can grow them back out quickly. I saw your signature and it seems we have similar goals. I also cut back to APL from BSL in November because of damage. I'm hoping to grow my hair to MBL this year!

Length
    ~Wst/TBL/~Cls
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

So I bought some KCCC on a whim...

I'm really liking it so far. This is my second time using it - the learning curve wasn't nearly as steep as I was anticipating from the reviews I've read. My wurls are way more defined and less frizzy, so yay, just wish it wasn't so pricey! Since getting a diffuser, I really like the results I get from air drying 75% or so then diffusing because the weight the wet hair doesn't pull out the curl as much. For those that SOTC and air dry/diffuse, when do you scrunch? I've never needed to to that with the flax.
    Wavy, wurly, sometimes curly; on my way to healthier, longer hair!

~Waist → Hip BCL TBL Goal: TBL+ V hem

Length
    19/23.5/30
    Type
    3a/M/ii/iii

TrapperCreekD, your hair is so curly and defined! It looks really nice

Bleach free since December 2017
    Last trim Dec 2019
    Next trim Aug 2020

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by TrapperCreekD View Post
    I'm really liking it so far. This is my second time using it - the learning curve wasn't nearly as steep as I was anticipating from the reviews I've read. My wurls are way more defined and less frizzy, so yay, just wish it wasn't so pricey! Since getting a diffuser, I really like the results I get from air drying 75% or so then diffusing because the weight the wet hair doesn't pull out the curl as much. For those that SOTC and air dry/diffuse, when do you scrunch? I've never needed to to that with the flax.
    It looks great, like you have more curl definition! I air dry for about an hour, an hour and a half, then my hair is diffused for 4 min. and ends up being pretty much dry (but the very tippy tips). My hair is only scrunched when applying styling products (doing LOC), so before air drying - I don't have curly hair though, just wavy.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)