Page 760 of 851 FirstFirst ... 260660710750758759760761762770810 ... LastLast
Results 7,591 to 7,600 of 8501

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Length
    ~Wst/TBL/~Cls
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

My short bits/FFL are the same way, they're 3a-ish while the rest is 2c... I have no idea if that's where the curlier hair happens to want to grow or the weight is pulling out the curl, because my hair never feels heavy to me.
    Wavy, wurly, sometimes curly; on my way to healthier, longer hair!

~Waist → Hip BCL TBL Goal: TBL+ V hem

From the ocean depths to the celestial moon
    Type
    3a/3b/F/ii

Arelrios and TrapperCreekD, YES. This is exactly what's going on for me... I'm glad I'm not alone, I was beginning to feel like it was just some weird thing going on with my hair. I'm really not sure what to do about it. I don't want to risk putting layers back in after I've waited a long time to grow them out without really putting some very serious contemplation into it.

How have you guys been managing it?

Arelrios... I've considered going shorter too but I don't really want to... :-/ And I'm not there yet in terms of trying to figure this out. I'd probably do as long and light layers as I can before I cut shorter overall length...
    Raven/henna head hip-tailbone curlsLong hair is considered bohemian, which may be why I grew it, but I keep it because I love the way it feels.~Piercy * I must be a mermaid, Rango. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living. ~Nin

Length
    15/18/25
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by TrapperCreekD View Post
    My short bits/FFL are the same way, they're 3a-ish while the rest is 2c... I have no idea if that's where the curlier hair happens to want to grow or the weight is pulling out the curl, because my hair never feels heavy to me.
    Agreed... not sure exactly what causes it ,... it drives me crazy because the little pieces give me hope that I might have 'wavier' hair ... but then... the back and longer pieces are almost straight... :le sigh:

Quote Originally Posted by Syren_Curls View Post
    Arelrios and TrapperCreekD, YES. This is exactly what's going on for me... I'm glad I'm not alone, I was beginning to feel like it was just some weird thing going on with my hair. I'm really not sure what to do about it. I don't want to risk putting layers back in after I've waited a long time to grow them out without really putting some very serious contemplation into it.

How have you guys been managing it?

Arelrios... I've considered going shorter too but I don't really want to... :-/ And I'm not there yet in terms of trying to figure this out. I'd probably do as long and light layers as I can before I cut shorter overall length...
    I don't think that I 'manage' it ... lol... usually when I wash my hair I let it down... then, once is dry (since it's quite big aka frizzy) I put it up in a bun or braid... until next wash time... those little pieces around my hairline get smooth out with my fingers or a comb.

Now I am considering a pixie (my mom and DH are trying to convince me otherwise) ...but then again, just like you Syren-Curls, I don't want to go back to square one after all this time working on getting rid of the crazy razor-ed layers I had ... perhaps I would follow you and do light layers first... and see what happens...

Apart from the pixie, I also thought about getting a wavy/curly cut... only problem? they are really, really expensive and I am not sure that it will be worth it.

Length
    ~Wst/TBL/~Cls
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

I only really see it on washday, the rest of the week its in some sort of updo and doesn't cause any problems. Throwing flaxseed gel and Fox's shea cream at it seems to keep it somewhat happy. I don't have layers per se, so I can't say yay/nay, but I do have one "layer" from a disastrous self-inflicted experiment and the rest is all one length except for some trimmage à la waterlilly716.
    Wavy, wurly, sometimes curly; on my way to healthier, longer hair!

~Waist → Hip BCL TBL Goal: TBL+ V hem

Unexpected Combination PinkyCat's Avatar
    Under the bed, waiting for dangling ankles...
    Length
    Black/Numbr/One
    Type
    3a/3b/F/ii

Thank you, PinkyCat. I see that you have not only lovely hair, but the same hairtype that I do, including the F. Maybe the layers just from the ears forward is the happy medium my hair needs. When you are cutting those layers yourself, are you using the same technique you described with the orange sections (which makes perfect sense, by the way, lol!)? My shortest layers/bangs are now past shoulder and I think this would be a good thing for me to try out.
    Nope - when cutting just in front of the ears, I section that front part and pull it all forward in front of my mouth & make a ponytail (kind of like the top ponytail method. But instead of sliding the hairtie out to the ends, I keep the original tie at my mouth and just add another and slide that one out. You have to make little holes so you can see through the hair LOL. Then cut the ends - everything will fall back in a nice slight taper that should blend nicely with the back. Just be sure to do a little at a time so there isnt a huge difference in length between the front & back/bottom.

Lady Roseus
    of the
    Cherry Blossom Hallow in the Order of the Long Haired Knights. >x<)))> veni vidi crepi.

Type
    3a/3b/F/ii

Thanks for the responses, Arelrios, TrapperCreekD, and PinkyCat.

Arelrios and TrapperCreekD, it sounds like getting it up and not really looking at it a whole lot has helped deal with it :-/ I should be doing more protective styles more often anyway... Maybe I will let one or two tendrils of the pretty spirals down to make me happy, lol.

PinkyCat, I'm glad I asked instead of just trying it out! That technique makes sense... I will be giving it a shot nervously but excitedly. I am guessing it is on dry hair, right? Thank you for posting how you do it :-)
    Raven/henna head hip-tailbone curlsLong hair is considered bohemian, which may be why I grew it, but I keep it because I love the way it feels.~Piercy * I must be a mermaid, Rango. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living. ~Nin

Length
    15/18/25
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Thanks for the responses, Arelrios, TrapperCreekD, and PinkyCat.

Arelrios and TrapperCreekD, it sounds like getting it up and not really looking at it a whole lot has helped deal with it :-/ I should be doing more protective styles more often anyway... Maybe I will let one or two tendrils of the pretty spirals down to make me happy, lol.

PinkyCat, I'm glad I asked instead of just trying it out! That technique makes sense... I will be giving it a shot nervously but excitedly. I am guessing it is on dry hair, right? Thank you for posting how you do it :-)
    That's pretty much it... I just forget about it after it dries on wash day... especially because, it becomes straighter as time passes

Quote Originally Posted by PinkyCat View Post
    Nope - when cutting just in front of the ears, I section that front part and pull it all forward in front of my mouth & make a ponytail (kind of like the top ponytail method. But instead of sliding the hairtie out to the ends, I keep the original tie at my mouth and just add another and slide that one out. You have to make little holes so you can see through the hair LOL. Then cut the ends - everything will fall back in a nice slight taper that should blend nicely with the back. Just be sure to do a little at a time so there isnt a huge difference in length between the front & back/bottom.
    I might also try this.... :S.. let's see how it goes

Unexpected Combination PinkyCat's Avatar
    Under the bed, waiting for dangling ankles...
    Length
    Black/Numbr/One
    Type
    3a/3b/F/ii

Yup - I always do on dry hair.

Lady Roseus
    of the
    Cherry Blossom Hallow in the Order of the Long Haired Knights. >x<)))> veni vidi crepi.

Type
    3a/3b/F/ii

Thanks, PinkyCat. I'm kind of excited to see how that turns out! Which is a big step, since I have been a bit skittish about taking scissors to my hair, even for just doing S&D's... LOL!

arelrios, I did a clarify wash and my hair was all pretty and mermaid-like and I was, of course, happy. Hours later, it started straightening out... by the time I went to bed, it was mostly waves. When I woke up the next day, it was almost straight all together! I just put it up and have not even felt sad about it. LOL! I'll take that as progress for me and just keep thinking of the protective aspects of wearing it up and look forward to the "treat" times when it's willing to show it's curlies ;-) Thanks!

Length
    15/18/25
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Thanks, PinkyCat. I'm kind of excited to see how that turns out! Which is a big step, since I have been a bit skittish about taking scissors to my hair, even for just doing S&D's... LOL!

arelrios, I did a clarify wash and my hair was all pretty and mermaid-like and I was, of course, happy. Hours later, it started straightening out... by the time I went to bed, it was mostly waves. When I woke up the next day, it was almost straight all together! I just put it up and have not even felt sad about it. LOL! I'll take that as progress for me and just keep thinking of the protective aspects of wearing it up and look forward to the "treat" times when it's willing to show it's curlies ;-) Thanks!
    Yup... what you describe it's exactly what happens to me too... le sigh...