Page 728 of 851 FirstFirst ... 228628678718726727728729730738778828 ... LastLast
Results 7,271 to 7,280 of 8501

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Lover of Rainbows & Curls Quixii's Avatar
    Length
    0?/knee+/knee
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Oof, that's a tough one. Maybe you can come up with some new bun that looks very polished? Or else devote all of your allotted liquids to conditioner. Or some combination of that and buying conditioner when you arrive. Like if you wash that night you come in with what you brought, then the next day you could stop by a shop when it's open.
    Knee+ length! Lady Gelôs, Keeper of the Silken Aulaeum in the Order of the Long Haired Knights <3

Length
    Pixie/BCL/?!
    Type
    3b/3c/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by GRU View Post
    This...is brilliant.

And perfect.

Has anyone tried any of these and had good curl-happiness? Brand recommendations? (I'll also head off and do a search. )
    Last edited by CurlyCap; October 17th, 2013 at 07:11 PM.
    Grew out the pixie.
    Acquired a mane.
    Cruising toward Classic.

**For my routine, please see my blog posts.**

made of sugar and cyanide MandyBeth's Avatar
    Length
    6"?/17"/.....
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

Drive?

We just pack enough for one day, then buy there. I'd start with heavily oiled hair during the flight. Plane air is dry. You'll pay more, but don't most hotels have a "store" that sells basics? Or am I staying at too nice of places?

If you won't be charged for checked bags, pack a hair goop bag? We did that for international travel. It's not the most convenient, but it works.

Mail the goop to the hotel? We did that to DC, easier than wrangling fluffy outfits on planes.

For acidic rinses, get citric acid powder.

The solid conditioner might work. I'm thinking you'd ruffle up your hair too much. Could also try a solid lotion bar that's oil and beeswax based.

Find LHC people in the area to help get you supplies?

What about a heavy conditioner you could dilute?

Length
    Pixie/BCL/?!
    Type
    3b/3c/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by MandyBeth View Post
    Drive?

We just pack enough for one day, then buy there. I'd start with heavily oiled hair during the flight. Plane air is dry. You'll pay more, but don't most hotels have a "store" that sells basics? Or am I staying at too nice of places?

If you won't be charged for checked bags, pack a hair goop bag? We did that for international travel. It's not the most convenient, but it works.

Mail the goop to the hotel? We did that to DC, easier than wrangling fluffy outfits on planes.

For acidic rinses, get citric acid powder.

The solid conditioner might work. I'm thinking you'd ruffle up your hair too much. Could also try a solid lotion bar that's oil and beeswax based.

Find LHC people in the area to help get you supplies?

What about a heavy conditioner you could dilute?
    So here's the gig:
    Day 1: Land in the evening. Get to hotel. Put on evening wear and full hair and makeup and suck up to people. Sleep.
    Day 2: Get up. Apply suit, do full hair and makeup. Suck up. Take people out to dinner. Still look flawless (which is gonna be a learning curve cause HOW?!).
    Day 3: Wake up. Suit 2, hair/makeup, suckage, depart in early evening.
    If things go well, repeat one more day.

I have minimal skin care needs (thankfully), so I just need to focus on satiating the curly monster.

Yes, MandyBeth, you are thinking faaaaaar too nice. XD

Lol. For the bar, I wasn't even thinking of using it as a bar. I was just gonna wack off a piece, shove it in a tupperware of hot water and make diluted conditioner!

Oils/butters are super compact and go a long way.

Citric acid: Got some. Prefer ACV, but needs must.

I have never met a "heavy" conditioner. Coney, yes. But not really anything to heavy for my hair. Open to brand suggestions I could experiment with before Hell Season starts.

I'm avoiding checked bags because of the time involved in claiming them, not because of the cost.

Still thinking....
    Grew out the pixie.
    Acquired a mane.
    Cruising toward Classic.

**For my routine, please see my blog posts.**

made of sugar and cyanide MandyBeth's Avatar
    Length
    6"?/17"/.....
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

Have you tried the Biolage Conditioning Balm? Or the Sally's version. That's what I use on minion in the tangle prone areas.

Hrm, I don't know other than solid conditioner or buying there. Again, I probably am hotel spoiled, but they've had conditioner in the provided stuff.

For the solid to melt, I'd try a grater or vegetable peeler. Easier to melt.

Length
    Chin/APL/MB-WL
    Type
    3a/3b/F/M/ii/iii

Hey all! New to the LHC, but I've been CG since Oct of last year - wow, one whole year already, it sure went fast! I cut my hair last October just before going CG from APL to chin length (an awful inverted bob where my ringlets made me look like a chihuahua) and am currently hanging out with my longest layers between shoulder/apl length. I got a cut in August at a curly-salon and love it, except, you know, now I've got short layers. -sigh- On the quest to BSL when curly (which I'm assuming is closer to waist length stretched) but really any length makes me happy these days!

Anyways just thought I'd say hi since it feels weird stopping into a thread 700+ pages late, but LHC hasn't let people register for a while so although I've stalked a lot I'm now finally here.

Basically..... hi all!

Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Welcome magfish! I'm hovering just above APL curly, growing from about 3" of hair which was very silly looking for quite some time

You should join us in the Shoulder to APL thread

Length
    15/18/25
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Hi guys,

Maybe you can give me your opinion about this: I did a protein treatment on the weekend (gelatin+conditioner+honey+olive-oil)... after I co-wash, I applied the mix.
    Waited like 30-40 min, rinse and applied Moroccan oil hair mask... when I rinsed it out... wow!! my hair was so soft and "calm" I just couldn't believe it!

I can say it was flat at the roots (barely any frizz). During the day, my hair had this type of shape (http://www.pinterest.com/pin/26880928998479597/) and by the end of the day, it was more straight and the ends had this soft wurly shape... beautiful and shiny!

Anyway, yesterday I cowashed again, and even when I got a little more frizz, my hair still behaved quiet nicely... but I noticed that it is more difficult to encourage the waves (if any) now... Does this means my hair doesn't want/like protein? Or the protein has nothing to do with the lack of waves/straighter hair?

Let me know your thoughts

Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by arelrios View Post
    Let me know your thoughts
    I'd be more concerned with the Moroccan oil hair mask.... did you check the ingredients? I never seem to find anything Moroccan without 'cones.

I'm just not ready to be a Renegray yet!
    Avatar credit to the lovely milagro

Length
    15/18/25
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by GRU View Post
    I'd be more concerned with the Moroccan oil hair mask.... did you check the ingredients? I never seem to find anything Moroccan without 'cones.
    I don't remember the ingredients by heart.... but remember checking them and not seeing cones.... I might be wrong.