Page 727 of 851 FirstFirst ... 227627677717725726727728729737777827 ... LastLast
Results 7,261 to 7,270 of 8501

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Length
    chin/bsl/class
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

grrr, still finding it really hard to get down with wearing my hair curly again! I don't know what has happened but its just not the same as before, I think my hair is too heavy for decently curly hair now!

Length
    ?/BSL+/?
    Type
    3b/3c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by biogirl87 View Post
    Upside Down and MidnightSunlite, your comments/replies have prompted me to reply to this thread.

Upside Down, I do still have to detangle my hair regularly, but when I was combing my hair yesterday to detangle it I realized that when I was trying the curly girl method my hair became really knotted and probably would have become matted if I had waited any longer to detangle. Now that I have gone back to combing my hair at least once every day, my tangling problems have decreased quite a bit.

MindnightSunlite, I realize that this may be the weirdness of my hair, but I find my hair is harder to detangle when it's still wet (it seems easier to detangle when my hair is dry and if I encounter any problems, a bit of baby oil on the ends usually does the trick). unless I have a ton of conditioner in it (and it seems that the more conditioner I use in the shower, the more hairs I have coming out in the shower). It's almost like even though my hair is wavy it really wants to me to treat it like straight hair (and outside of summer months the only time I get frizz is when it's about to rain or when it's misting). This makes me think that my hair may have looser waves as it grows longer and if I trim away the layers in my hair.

Ah yes it is the choice for me too - no tangles OR curls. Or you coul do what Gru does - wet your hair, detangle and re- curl.

My hair is easier to comb out when wet with lots of conditioner, but Ive read a lot on boards here about people who detangle when dry

made of sugar and cyanide MandyBeth's Avatar
    Length
    6"?/17"/.....
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyCap View Post
    I love the fall.

The humidity and temperature is changing so rapidly that none of my go-to hair concoctions work and I have to make it up on a day by day basis.

Fun.

Awesome hair interspersed with crimes against humanity....
    Hehehe. Wait until it's cold and you want to try to wear a hood.

Since I've yet to find a hat that stay on some child's head. The loose curly ends compress like springs, then laugh the hat off.

Granted, finding a hood that holds all of the hair.....

Shush your mouth GRU.

Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by MandyBeth View Post
    Shush your mouth GRU.
    I didn't say anything.....

I'm just not ready to be a Renegray yet!
    Avatar credit to the lovely milagro

made of sugar and cyanide MandyBeth's Avatar
    Length
    6"?/17"/.....
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by GRU View Post
    I didn't say anything.....
    Preemptive warning. You have a teenager, you should know all about those.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ad.php?t=79085

For those who don't know the now two year old back story on a certain child and the fun of covering her crazy curls.
    Last edited by MandyBeth; October 14th, 2013 at 11:44 AM.

Lover of Rainbows & Curls Quixii's Avatar
    Length
    0?/knee+/knee
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii/iii

I tried on this gorgeous jacket when I was in Scotland, which had this huge hood that actually fit all my hair, even when bunned. It was amazing and I loved it. But I didn't get it because I wanted the next size up so I could wear thicker clothes underneath.
    Knee+ length! Lady Gelôs, Keeper of the Silken Aulaeum in the Order of the Long Haired Knights <3

Length
    Pixie/BCL/?!
    Type
    3b/3c/M/C/ii

Hehehe. Wait until it's cold and you want to try to wear a hood.
    One can come to an uneasy truce with hats/hoods.

The problem is, if you want to wear a hat, you must WEAR THE HAT ALL DAY. No breaks. No relief. You must really love that hat.

It is an evil bargain.
    Grew out the pixie.
    Acquired a mane.
    Cruising toward Classic.

**For my routine, please see my blog posts.**

Length
    8 in/41/45 +
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii/iii

Preemptive warning. You have a teenager, you should know all about those.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ad.php?t=79085

For those who don't know the now two year old back story on a certain child and the fun of covering her crazy curls.

LOL!!!

I have one kid that will wear anything, even my purse, as a hat. And one that will not for the love of what's Holly have a hat. He's being trained to use a damn hoodie of his snow jacket.

The visual of the curls projecting the hat off is priceless .

Lady Ligeia of the Wandering Oleander in the order of the Long Hair Knights

Length
    Pixie/BCL/?!
    Type
    3b/3c/M/C/ii

Need some packing advice:

I'm about to go on a TON of business trips (~30) and want to avoid the hassle of checking my baggage.

I've found some great garment bags (Yay), but now I'm worried about my hair (like a good LHC person). I can't think of how I can carry enough conditioner to condition and style my hair for 3 days at a time in a carry-on format. And YES, I use a LOT of conditioner. I'd need a bottle the size of a family value Suave during that time, plus some oil/butters/concoctions.

Most places are not convenient to a shop to buy more. Plus I'll be flying in late usually, so a fortuitous shop will prolly be closed.

I need to look absolutely polished for these meetings, so I can't just do the typical Day 2 bun.

Any ideas?
    Grew out the pixie.
    Acquired a mane.
    Cruising toward Classic.

**For my routine, please see my blog posts.**

Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyCap View Post
    Need some packing advice:

I'm about to go on a TON of business trips (~30) and want to avoid the hassle of checking my baggage.

I've found some great garment bags (Yay), but now I'm worried about my hair (like a good LHC person). I can't think of how I can carry enough conditioner to condition and style my hair for 3 days at a time in a carry-on format. And YES, I use a LOT of conditioner. I'd need a bottle the size of a family value Suave during that time, plus some oil/butters/concoctions.

Most places are not convenient to a shop to buy more. Plus I'll be flying in late usually, so a fortuitous shop will prolly be closed.

I need to look absolutely polished for these meetings, so I can't just do the typical Day 2 bun.

Any ideas?
    How about bar/solid conditioner?

I'm just not ready to be a Renegray yet!
    Avatar credit to the lovely milagro