Page 717 of 851 FirstFirst ... 217617667707715716717718719727767817 ... LastLast
Results 7,161 to 7,170 of 8501

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Length
    Pixie/APL/???
    Type
    2c/3a/C/iii

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jeanniet View Post
    I don't know what porosity test you did, but the water one is pretty unreliable. You can get a good estimate of porosity just by observation. If your hair takes a long time to wet down, is hard to moisturize but holds the moisture once it gets there, and takes a long time to dry, you're low porosity. If your hair is damaged due to bleaching or a lot of heat, dries very fast, and loses moisture quickly, you're high porosity. Somewhere in between is normal.
    See, I am now very confused. I used to think I was high porosity because my hair was exactly as you described here, but then I moved away from FL for thirteen years and my hair got to the point where it was acting like low porosity hair (GA, SD, PA). Now I am back in FL and my hair is turning brittle, drying fast and behaving as it did when I was a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Neecola View Post
    I find that I have to switch up my routine and products. Something that works great for me for a few weeks/months will suddenly not work anymore, even after clarifying. But if I switch it up, I tend to have better results.

How long is your hair ludwig? I'm somewhere between SL & APL and I am prone to triangle hair... but I don't think it will be a problem once its longer. Also, my hair naturally grows in a "V" shape which seems to keep the triangle to a minimum.
    I'm right at SL right now, so you can imagine how odd it looks. I've noticed my hair seems to grow at the same length... I don't develop a natural "V" or "U" shaped hemline.
    2a / M&C / iii

I was using Tresemme Naturals, but they seem to want to keep changing formulations.
    Currently I'm using the new Tresemme Naturals (Aloe Vera & Avocado Oil) with a black top. I don't dislike it, but I think the old one was better. Not sure, but it felt richer / more moisturizing for my hair.
    2a / M&C / iii

Type
    3a/3b/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by pili View Post
    See, I am now very confused. I used to think I was high porosity because my hair was exactly as you described here, but then I moved away from FL for thirteen years and my hair got to the point where it was acting like low porosity hair (GA, SD, PA). Now I am back in FL and my hair is turning brittle, drying fast and behaving as it did when I was a kid.
    I wonder if it's a water hardness issue rather than porosity? Or could be the constant sun, too--sun can be pretty damaging just by itself.

I still have a few bottles of the old formula Tresemme Naturals conditioner, but I don't think I'll try out the new one. It really bugs me when they mess with a good thing. I'm really liking the Darcy's pumpkin seed. It's more expensive than the Tresemme by quite a bit, but hey, it works. My hair feels really nice today.

Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by ludwig20 View Post
    I haven't had the chance to look through all the pages, but I was wondering how common is "triangle" hair for wurlies?

I haven't been CO washing lately -- I went back to sulfate-free shampoos although this time I dilute some in water. I use a generous amount of cone-free conditioner, focusing on my ends. And while my hair is still damp, I like to apply coconut oil and a bit of shea butter. But my hair is still wide! Especially on wash-day. I like my routine because it's gentle and leaves my length feeling soft and relatively tangle-free. I'm just not sure what to do about the 'triangle' or 'pyramid' look? I really don't like layers. I don't know... I'm starting to suspect my hair might be wavier than it shows. The canopy is more of a 1c, but the underlayers can range from 2a to 2c. On top of that, I have a combination of fine, medium, and coarse strands. lol it's quite complicated having such mixed hair. (つд`)
    DO NOT DO LAYERS ... it will get even wider! Trust me on this one!

I'm always frustrated when I see people with long spirals going straight down their back... how do they do that? I think that "wide load" is just the way my hair wants to be. It's on the coarse side, which probably doesn't help the situation any, either.

I'm just not ready to be a Renegray yet!
    Avatar credit to the lovely milagro

Length
    Pixie/APL/???
    Type
    2c/3a/C/iii

Currently I'm using the new Tresemme Naturals (Aloe Vera & Avocado Oil) with a black top. I don't dislike it, but I think the old one was better. Not sure, but it felt richer / more moisturizing for my hair.
    This. I am on the hunt for a new conditioner. I'll let you know if I find anything.
    Pix~Bob~CBL~Shoulder~APL~BSL~MBL~Waist~Hip~TBL~CL...We'll see
    WO/SO due to scalp hating EVERYTHING! Slowly regrowing from a massive shed and trimming often to keep the ends healthy.

Length
    Pixie/APL/???
    Type
    2c/3a/C/iii

I wonder if it's a water hardness issue rather than porosity? Or could be the constant sun, too--sun can be pretty damaging just by itself.

I still have a few bottles of the old formula Tresemme Naturals conditioner, but I don't think I'll try out the new one. It really bugs me when they mess with a good thing. I'm really liking the Darcy's pumpkin seed. It's more expensive than the Tresemme by quite a bit, but hey, it works. My hair feels really nice today.
    It can't be the sun. I've only been here a week! (I grew up here, remember, I KNOW to stay out of the sun.)

But doesn't the hard water only affect highly porous hair? Mine is really course to medium, mostly course. The pic in my sig. is from back in Feb. It looks nothing like that now.
    WO/SO due to scalp hating EVERYTHING! Slowly regrowing from a massive shed and trimming often to keep the ends healthy.

Type
    3a/3b/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by GRU View Post
    DO NOT DO LAYERS ... it will get even wider! Trust me on this one!
    Not necessarily. A stylist who knows how to do a good curly cut can give you layers and volume without triangle head. I have a lot of hair and need layers to take some weight off the curl. I have a lot of lift and movement, but no triangle. Triangles are bad!

Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

I'm right at SL right now, so you can imagine how odd it looks. I've noticed my hair seems to grow at the same length... I don't develop a natural "V" or "U" shaped hemline.
    Ah yes, SL was especially bad for me too. I'm now at the point that when my hair is down, I can push it behind my shoulders and it stays pretty well so from the front, it doesn't look too triangle-y. Also, I see you have thick hair so that makes a big difference too. The old standby advice of "put it up and forget about it" helped me through that stage of growth.

Length
    Pixie/APL/???
    Type
    2c/3a/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Neecola View Post
    Ah yes, SL was especially bad for me too...The old standby advice of "put it up and forget about it" helped me through that stage of growth.
    *Sigh* I actually can't wait for that stage.