Page 713 of 851 FirstFirst ... 213613663703711712713714715723763813 ... LastLast
Results 7,121 to 7,130 of 8501

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Length
    Pixie/BCL/?!
    Type
    3b/3c/M/C/ii

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

I've noticed that I was losing more hair than usual during my co-wash. I tend to shed as the weather moves towards fall, so I didn't sweat it.

But then I started this period of INSANE stress at work, and the hair kept falling.

Today I noticed that I can actually see my scalp on the right side of my head when I wear my hair in a bun. I have NEVER been able to see my scalp in an updo.

I've only lost a little on the left:

But the thinning is heartbreaking on the right:

I hate stress. I've lost little quarter size sections before, but never had a major thinning. This is suckage.

ETA: Hair loss with stress runs on my mom's side of the family. So I know it's the stress. That doesn't make it any easier to deal with.
    Last edited by CurlyCap; July 29th, 2013 at 11:39 PM.
    Grew out the pixie.
    Acquired a mane.
    Cruising toward Classic.

**For my routine, please see my blog posts.**

Length
    Chin/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2c/F/ii

DAMMIT

I wanted to reply because I've been away from LHC for a while but have been getting more into it these days. I've been catching up on this thread as my hair is getting curlier and curlier as it grows towards BSL.

I'm so sorry CurlyCap! I totally know how you feel because my hair was doing so well until last December, when all of a sudden I noticed a patch on my left crown. I've had thinning there before, but since pregnancies and childbirth, this patch had thickened and you couldn't see my scalp anymore. I was doing so well for almost 3 years, then boom! I'm still jumping through hoops trying to get this spot to thicken again, but so far, no luck

I think it's stress for me too, but how can I really avoid stress completely?

It's really frustrating. I'm doing scalp massages with Daktarin and castor oil and being very diligent with my vitamins. I went to a dermatologist and after tests found out I was deficient in Iron and Vitamin D, so I'm supplementing. Mind you, I've always been deficient in these, for as long as I can remember.

Hugs!
    Shoulder>>>APL >>> BSL >>> WAIST

I'm so sorry to hear that.
    Time to focus on stress-management techniques

Stress is evil. I have a permanent "bald spot" the size of a dime near my right temple because of a very stressful period. Never grew back

Type
    2a/2b/M/iii

Wow, you girls have inspirational hair! Please keep posting!

I have ona picture to contribute too. Soo, this is wurly isn't it?

Length
    20"/23"/28"
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyCap View Post

I've noticed that I was losing more hair than usual during my co-wash. I tend to shed as the weather moves towards fall, so I didn't sweat it.

But then I started this period of INSANE stress at work, and the hair kept falling.

Today I noticed that I can actually see my scalp on the right side of my head when I wear my hair in a bun. I have NEVER been able to see my scalp in an updo.

I hate stress. I've lost little quarter size sections before, but never had a major thinning. This is suckage.

ETA: Hair loss with stress runs on my mom's side of the family. So I know it's the stress. That doesn't make it any easier to deal with.
    Sorry to read this, I struggle with diagnosed stress/ anxiety myself tho luckily never had a big shed with it. Are you getting any support from your family doctor or another medical professional? Low dose beta blockers are just MAGIC, they kill the physical symptoms usually without any side effects, that could potentially translate to holding onto more of your hair in the future. Also review your diet if you have not already, it absolutely is possible to eat to beat stress - long chain omega-3s and magnesium rich foods are particularly important. Also be sure to get your 10,00 steps every day or the equivalent, physical activity is an important stress management technique partly because it 'uses up' the fight-or-flight hormones.

HTH.
    Dyed-in-the-wool redhead, growing out a major shed & mechanical damage to hairline. Eight years 'modified' Curly Girl, just past BSL stretched but keep trimming.

Length
    Chin/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Firefox7275 View Post
    Low dose beta blockers are just MAGIC, they kill the physical symptoms usually without any side effects, that could potentially translate to holding onto more of your hair in the future. Also review your diet if you have not already, it absolutely is possible to eat to beat stress - long chain omega-3s and magnesium rich foods are particularly important.

HTH.
    Hey Firefox7275,
    Would you please tell me what low dose beta blockers are and how we can get them? Are they in a pill that one can take or are they found in certain foods?

Length
    Chin/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Sorry double post.

Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

CurlyCap, I'm so sorry Just went through this myself with a very stressful period which followed a huge shed from CO-washing. Perhaps, as Firefox suggests, there is something you can do to keep stress at bay, be it therapy/exercise/medication.

Length
    8 in/41/45 +
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii/iii

Oh man CurlyCap that really sucks!!!

IS there any way you can do some yoga? even 20 minutes before going to sleep? It might help you stop the hair loss, it releases stress.

Lady Ligeia of the Wandering Oleander in the order of the Long Hair Knights

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by alyanna View Post
    Hey Firefox7275,
    Would you please tell me what low dose beta blockers are and how we can get them? Are they in a pill that one can take or are they found in certain foods?
    Basically, you would have to go see a doctor! And I don't think it's quite common to prescribe beta blockers for hair loss, or is it?
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)