Page 682 of 851 FirstFirst ... 182582632672680681682683684692732782 ... LastLast
Results 6,811 to 6,820 of 8501

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Lover of Rainbows & Curls Quixii's Avatar
    Length
    0?/knee+/knee
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

My hair would have days where I could brush it into waves and it would look okay. And it would have many many days where I would brush it into waves and it would look like crap, and I'd feel like crying because why did my hair never look better after brushing it like everyone else's? Why couldn't I get it to stop being frizzy/poofy, even with anti-frizz moose or spray or gel or shampoo/conditioner?
    And then I joined LHC.
    Knee+ length! Lady Gelôs, Keeper of the Silken Aulaeum in the Order of the Long Haired Knights <3

Length
    Class/Class/Class
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Arrow Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Quixii View Post
    My hair would have days where I could brush it into waves and it would look okay. And it would have many many days where I would brush it into waves and it would look like crap, and I'd feel like crying because why did my hair never look better after brushing it like everyone else's? Why couldn't I get it to stop being frizzy/poofy, even with anti-frizz moose or spray or gel or shampoo/conditioner?
    And then I joined LHC.
    I know exactly what you mean! Between GRU's brushed hair pics (wink-wink), LHC and NC.com I FINALLY understood that curlies are just not like every one else's. I always thought there was some thing wrong w/me when my hair wouldn't respond like everybody's.

Alot of needlessly frustrated years unfortunately. Now I know it was just me that was off, not my hair, hee hee
    Faerie knots are sooo knot my friends

Length
    29 in/31.5/45 in
    Type
    2c/M/C/i/ii

Any curly girls who live in dry places?

I moved to Arizona almost 9 months ago and my hair hasn't recovered. it's just so dry here and my hair feels like wire. or wool. I mean, it's getting better with deep conditioning and co and oil but honestly...

oh & yeah. I can't wait for the movie brave to come out. because i love her hair. lol

Account Closed by Member Request

Quote Originally Posted by anime_length View Post
    Any curly girls who live in dry places?

I moved to Arizona almost 9 months ago and my hair hasn't recovered. it's just so dry here and my hair feels like wire. or wool. I mean, it's getting better with deep conditioning and co and oil but honestly...

oh & yeah. I can't wait for the movie brave to come out. because i love her hair. lol
    I do! My hair is in much better shape now, but deep treatments, co-washing, no sulfates, oil treatments and sealing with oil have helped tremendously. I follow the "curly girl" method. You may have to do the treatments more often for a while before you notice a big difference. I wear my hair up often and I think that helps.

Length
    18/18/40
    Type
    3b/M/ii

I've recently discovered that the best way for me to get nice 2nd day hair is to smother my hair in oil, and then put a sleep cap over it. Works every time, when nothing else has ever worked for me.
    Every day is Thursday.

made of sugar and cyanide MandyBeth's Avatar
    Length
    6"?/17"/.....
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by GRU View Post
    There are pictures of me with my hair brushed... needless to say, it's not pretty! (I believe one of the comments compared it to that stuffing you find in pillows!) I can never wrap my head around people with curls who can brush into waves... just does not compute for me!
    Which, despite the fact that I can get ringlets starting to form, I refuse to say I'm more than wavy. I can brush my hair, wet or dry, no problems.

J has her first hunter jumper show this weekend. Not sure how I'm going to braid her pigtails. Thinking to loop her hair in half, then braid. Unlooped, the braids hit mid thigh and are too long. Should be a pita to get out, oh well. Once she's got a year under her, I'm voting to get her out of short boot classes.

Length
    apl/apl/hip
    Type
    3a/3b/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by LadyTheta View Post
    coldclarity - "soaking it" indeed is what some of us must do!
    I went to a spa day with my bets friend this week, and I was really worried about my hair with all the steam, heat, chlorine, wetting and drying. So the night before I put in four palmfulls of coconut oil and braided it. On the day I put it up in a cinnabun with spin pins and just left it. When I showered between pools/rooms I just squeezed the excess water out of my bun and soaked it again in fresh water. When I got home I shampooed for the first time in months, conditioned it half to death and air dried. It came out beautifully soft and moisturised. Three cheers for coconut oil (in appropriately large quantities )!

Length
    2"/23"/TLBN
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/iii

I LOVE coconut oil!! I use it all the time, along with a mix of several other oils.
    This was my longest hair in 2015, regrowing to this length and beyond. Trying to be patient, but heck, I have the rest of my life, right? .

Length
    Pixie/BCL/?!
    Type
    3b/3c/M/C/ii

LOOKEY!

I'm firmly over shoulder finally and have little tendril things going. This is hilarious to me because my hair is all pretty much one length now.

It's growing!

Now, if I could find a way to make it shiney....
    Grew out the pixie.
    Acquired a mane.
    Cruising toward Classic.

**For my routine, please see my blog posts.**

Type
    3a/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyCap View Post
    LOOKEY!

I'm firmly over shoulder finally and have little tendril things going. This is hilarious to me because my hair is all pretty much one length now.

It's growing!

Now, if I could find a way to make it shiney....
    I love your hair, CurlyCap!
    I should have never cut my hair! Growing again.
    http://images43.fotki.com/v1329/photos/0/1803120/9931107/4512comp-vi.jpg