Page 675 of 851 FirstFirst ... 175575625665673674675676677685725775 ... LastLast
Results 6,741 to 6,750 of 8501

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Just wanted to say wow, Kelikea! Beautiful hair!!

(Not too good at the hair typing thing, sorry)

Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Kelikea View Post
    Here is my latest length shot after a 30min. V05strawberry leave in, BS/vinegar rinse, then more V05. Do you think I still have my hair typing right, at 2b/2c? It is still kinda wet in the pic, it never dries in time
    I think you're correct at 2b/2c. I don't see anything there that says "3" to me. In my mind, the 1s are the straighties, the 2s are the wavies, the 3s are the curlies, and the 4s are the kinkies. I would describe your hair as wavy rather than curly, so I'd put you in the 2 range.

I'm just not ready to be a Renegray yet!
    Avatar credit to the lovely milagro

Length
    Pixie/BSL/Class
    Type
    2c/F/i/ii

So I tried plopping and it worked wonders for the top six inches of my hair... but the rest of it had turned into a giant poofball. If I let it down before it's mostly dry, the weight of the rest of my hair just pulls those six inches straight again and it dries pretty much the same as it would have anyway; if I wait, it's a frizzy mess. Are there people that plopping just doesn't work for, especially more on the wavy side?

Lady Fáreryniel of the Depthless Forest in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!
    Somewhere in the region of very near waist...

Length
    24???/38?/37
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii/iii

Thans for the positive comments on my hair.

I don't think it is in the 3s at all, maybe some curls show up a couple/few times a year I was actually wondering if it had relaxed out of the 2c range, but I will leave it as 2b/2c. It really seems to like the V05 strawberry, I will be keeping that, and so glad it is cheap. I also got the V05 shea moisture, does anyone like that?

I can't wear my hair down at work AT ALL. It matts up so quickly. I'm hoping that it can be down a bit while I'm on vacation. Braids and buns everyday make me miss being able to wear it down and question my length goals.

made of sugar and cyanide MandyBeth's Avatar
    Length
    6"?/17"/.....
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lilliemer View Post
    Did you have a hard time getting the sunflower oil out of the hair? What did you do to remove it? (I read somewhere on here that it can create a resin on the hair after exposure to oxygen.) I just tried sunflower oil and had a similar experience (very dry hair). I have clarified x 1 with baking soda/ACV and have been moisturizing with deep conditioner and coconut oil (Vatika). Thanks, you seem like a dedicated student of curly hair care and I am looking forward to your thoughts!
    I am not a curly, if anything I'm a straight prone wavy. The brushing while dry thing - my hair goes "oh yeah, that's what I should do." So to get it out of mine, several rounds of baking soda rinse, 3 of Neutrogena anti residue then acid rinse then club soda then distilled water. Then let an SMT sit for 12 hours.

DH - 4 b/c - and J - 3c - both just tried it on very ends. Did not want to wash out at all and the hair was worse. Just cut the ends then as DH didn't care and J needed the trim, that's why I tried it then.

Jojoba oil - did the morning soak, oiled like normal but no conditioner then ran a nickel sized amount over her ends. Worked fine and her curls clumped better despite the humidity. Also seemed to wash off nicely. Going to see how she does tomorrow without, see if it stuck at all. Then go from that.

Length
    WL/TBL+/TBL++
    Type
    3c/M/iii

I was wondering how many of you guys have success with oiling? I have a feeling it mostly works for 1s and 2s more than 3s. I always get crunchy ends when i replace my leave in with an oil.

How can I control my life when I can't control my hair?

Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by 3azza View Post
    I was wondering how many of you guys have success with oiling? I have a feeling it mostly works for 1s and 2s more than 3s. I always get crunchy ends when i replace my leave in with an oil.
    I think my crunch was from damage... I had issues when I first joined LHC, but the more I CO-washed, the less I noticed crunch. Now I never get any crunch from oil, not even coconut oil (which was the first one I tried and which had major crunchy ends issues). Now that my hair is no longer exposed to harsh detergents and I don't have split ends, etc., oil and I get along just fine.

I'm just not ready to be a Renegray yet!
    Avatar credit to the lovely milagro

Length
    WL/TBL+/TBL++
    Type
    3c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by GRU View Post
    I think my crunch was from damage... I had issues when I first joined LHC, but the more I CO-washed, the less I noticed crunch. Now I never get any crunch from oil, not even coconut oil (which was the first one I tried and which had major crunchy ends issues). Now that my hair is no longer exposed to harsh detergents and I don't have split ends, etc., oil and I get along just fine.
    I CO too, but i still get splits and dry ends. Do you CO daily? I feel the longer i stretch my washes, the dryer my hair becomes, and what's really bad about it is that i like the dry texture even though i know it means more trims.

How can I control my life when I can't control my hair?

Length
    13"/39½"/47"
    Type
    3c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by MandyBeth View Post
    ... several rounds of baking soda rinse, 3 of Neutrogena anti residue then acid rinse then club soda then distilled water. Then let an SMT sit for 12 hours.
    Hi MandyBeth!

Do you do this routine very often? Sounds abit on&off in the pH-range. This may stress your hair surface in the long run, not different from the way perms do. Baking soda high pH (several rounds), acid rinse low pH, club soda high pH, distilled water low pH and then the SMT which could go either way according to ingredients makes a rollercoaster procedure (sorry if I spelled it funny

Quote Originally Posted by GRU View Post
    Same here. I still get a little crunch sometimes, but I can see the horizon now

On the other hand, last week it started to shed in a slightly alarming way. I think this might be the worst damaged parts breaking off at the point where I started co-washing in combination with sudden stress a few months ago and sudden clima-change also. Im fully prepared to loose ALL my old hair from that point so the horizon is still at some distance

/CMG

Type
    3a/3b/M/C/ii/iii

I need a deep conditioning. WAH! My hair is soooo dry right now. My Honeysuckle Rose is just leaving it gunky and dry. I clarified and everything! I've been looking on curlmart but everything is so expensive! My hair is so long it could drink up $20 in one smoosh. I need no protein, no cones. Suggestions?

Lady of the Reflective Soul in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!