Page 669 of 851 FirstFirst ... 169569619659667668669670671679719769 ... LastLast
Results 6,681 to 6,690 of 8501

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Length
    20/25/38,WL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Hey guys just checking in! I have a solid routine that i am sticking to for now. I am using Nuances volume shampoo and conditioner every other day, I then scrunch in mousse well air drying, on second day hair, I spritz water mixed in a spray bottle with AVG on my hair and twist into a bun ontop of my head, secure with scrunchie and let dry till morning (although it has been damp in the morning lately and I feel the crunchyness might be breaking my ends...so I may skip this step, also as my curls return i get more and more poof and friz trying to stretch them out with this method) I figure I allow myself an experiment every month or so, keep trying it if I like it, ditch it for the rest of the month if it fails after the first 3 or so times (by experiment I mean new leave in, like my currect AVG on second day hair, I am sticking with the same shampoo and conditioner for now) This whole routine is very simple, although tonight I am getting the urge to try a bit of AVG with EVOO as leave in, maybe if I decide to do this instead of aloe on second day hair, it can be allowed by me? i mean, it still uses AVG but with EVOO added....my hair is actually starting to need SOMETHING to weigh it down (YAY!) but no coney serums for me please!
    Meow to all!!! /\_/\ (=O.O=) (#) (#)

Length
    buzz/MBL/term
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Hollyfire3 View Post
    This whole routine is very simple, although tonight I am getting the urge to try a bit of AVG with EVOO as leave in, maybe if I decide to do this instead of aloe on second day hair, it can be allowed by me? i mean, it still uses AVG but with EVOO added....my hair is actually starting to need SOMETHING to weigh it down (YAY!) but no coney serums for me please!
    It's worth a try, it works for gladtobemom.
    2c, average and healthy black platinum hair, MBL
    My hair loves stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, protein, preening, oils, and plopping
    My hair hates distearyldimonium chloride, quaternium-87, phenoxyethanol, brushes

Length
    20/25/38,WL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by earthnut View Post
    It's worth a try, it works for gladtobemom.
    Like I said, I have pretty much free rein on leave ins, so I just spritz some natural, cone free detangler to avoid ripping my hair out and casuing MORE poof, its very nice now . I'm happy to actually NEED detangler again...oh the things I've missed of this curly mess! Its just not itself when straightish...lol. I don't think this leave in counts as a deviation of my schedule, mostly because it was needed, but I plan to try the aloe with EVOO tonight because this dumb/wonderful detangler is expensive (picked it up on major clearance one time) and I don't want to have to buy more...lol
    Oh wow, thanks for the recipe!
    Last edited by Hollyfire3; May 11th, 2012 at 04:05 PM. Reason: added stuff

Length
    Class/Class/Class
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

How much AVG did you use? I'm going to try this after washing tonight...
    Not sure Holly, I think I just squirted some in my palm and mixed it up w/my finger. Maybe a quarter to 50 cent piece size along w/about 3 drops EVOO.
    Faerie knots are sooo knot my friends

Length
    20/25/38,WL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by WickedWurlys View Post
    Not sure Holly, I think I just squirted some in my palm and mixed it up w/my finger. Maybe a quarter to 50 cent piece size along w/about 3 drops EVOO.
    Sounds simple enough, and it gave volume? Did it add any weight? I wonder why products that are supposed to defrizz (EVOO and AVG) added volume for you? I hope it works for me! But I'm hoping for volume and curl but little frizz..if possible! Lol! Thanks for the help!
    Love,
    Holly

Length
    Class/Class/Class
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Sounds simple enough, and it gave volume? Did it add any weight? I wonder why products that are supposed to defrizz (EVOO and AVG) added volume for you? I hope it works for me! But I'm hoping for volume and curl but little frizz..if possible! Lol! Thanks for the help!
    Love,
    Holly
    Nope, no weight at all. I was fluffy. It felt good after too. I think I need a little weight, otherwise my hair looks like a total 80's perm flashback, hee hee.

Length
    20/25/38,WL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Nope, no weight at all. I was fluffy. It felt good after too. I think I need a little weight, otherwise my hair looks like a total 80's perm flashback, hee hee.
    Lol! Its quite weird that you got such an odd result! At least if I get volume and softness (remeber how I thought my hair was a bit coarse, well, its been feeling worse latley...yuck) I'll be happy, heck, I'm happy right now! my hair is getting better, FINALLY, consitently better! (knocks on wood) but YAY for better hair! Here's to GREAT hair, better than what I wanted it to be soon!!!
    sorry, had to do that

Length
    Class/Class/Class
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Lol! Its quite weird that you got such an odd result! At least if I get volume and softness (remeber how I thought my hair was a bit coarse, well, its been feeling worse latley...yuck) I'll be happy, heck, I'm happy right now! my hair is getting better, FINALLY, consitently better! (knocks on wood) but YAY for better hair! Here's to GREAT hair, better than what I wanted it to be soon!!!
    sorry, had to do that
    Awesome!! It'll be fun to hear how yours turns out!

Length
    20/25/38,WL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Awesome!! It'll be fun to hear how yours turns out!
    I think it'll be fun too! Sadly, its late and I need sleep because I have an early event to go to tommorow...so i couldn't wash and couldn't try the leave in, but I DID find a new miracle! Cocoa powder for dry shampoo! It made my hair look freshly washed! Although it did dull my new, just darkened hair color...oh well, I'm sure it'll be fine tommrow when I wash...

Length
    Class/Class/Class
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by irishcurls View Post
    Well WickeWurlys You have absolutely beautiful hair so it must be doing good. I think according to the book I would be considered cherub curls. I think only time will tell. My poor hair is so damaged and does not have a curl pattern at all. It has a frizz pattern. I did wash my hair the way she instructs for the first time today. Its still wet but it looks promising!!!!! I know it will take time to get it all back but any improvement is a great thing.
    Irish, I think you will be very happy and I'm positive it will give you back your curl pattern, if you follow it the way it's supposed to be that is. (I'm still loling over your frizz pattern comment).