Page 668 of 851 FirstFirst ... 168568618658666667668669670678718768 ... LastLast
Results 6,671 to 6,680 of 8501

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Length
    Class/Class/Class
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Quote Originally Posted by afu View Post
    I find that long leave ins make my curls go wild with frizz, so coconut over night saturations are a bit no for me! The best treatment for my hair is an SMT left on for only about 10 minutes.

What do you guys do for night time hair? my hair is naturally somewhere between 2c and 3a which i love but having to braid or bun at night always seems to interfere with my curl pattern way too much. I've just learnt to do a french rope braid (normal ponytail rope braids seem to give me nearest to my normal pattern), so hopefully doing the french version at night will give some good results
    I have the exact same problem for night time. Mine's too long for pineappling. Buns smoosh it. Night caps end up in bed next to me and braids smoosh the curls all funky. I usually end up leaving it loose & throw it over the satin pillow case and deal w/the fierce tangles. So, lemme know how your rope braids do overnight?
    Faerie knots are sooo knot my friends

Length
    Pixie/BCL/?!
    Type
    3b/3c/M/C/ii

My hair has clearly decided that for the next phase, it's just going to corkscrew tighter rather than grow down.

::grumbles::
    Grew out the pixie.
    Acquired a mane.
    Cruising toward Classic.

**For my routine, please see my blog posts.**

Length
    20/25/38,WL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyCap View Post
    My hair has clearly decided that for the next phase, it's just going to corkscrew tighter rather than grow down.

::grumbles::
    Lol! This is funny! It'll HAVE to grow down eventually...you know, gravity and all.
    Meow to all!!! /\_/\ (=O.O=) (#) (#)

Length
    buzz/MBL/term
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

For night, I generally do a low bun or vertical figure 8 secured with bobbie pins. They're not comfy if you're a back sleeper, but I mostly sleep on my sides so I barely feel them. I also have a cheap satin pillowcase. I don't know about them interfering with my curls, since I really don't care about my wave pattern as long as my hair is healthy and happy. Sleeping with my hair up definitely reduces tangles and breakage.

If your hair is long enough, you could drape it loose over the head of your bed. My hair isn't long enough to stay there.
    2c, average and healthy black platinum hair, MBL
    My hair loves stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, protein, preening, oils, and plopping
    My hair hates distearyldimonium chloride, quaternium-87, phenoxyethanol, brushes

Length
    13"/39½"/47"
    Type
    3c/F/ii

I went out today, in the rain and snow and mush and .... uarrghh. And it didnt go frizzy! Jiiihaaaw My hair is in so much better condition now than this time last year!

CurlyCap: I know what youre talking about. Mine does that to. It has behaved this way since november. I know it has been growing. I cut my bangs then and they have grown out about 10 inches since. But I have gained nothing nitschewo Nichts in length

/CMG

Length
    14/19/25ish
    Type
    3b/M/ii/iii

Has anybody heard of the curly girl handbook by Lorraine Massey? I got it in the mail today and I am so excited. Its seems really easy and everything she says for curly hair is basically what is said on here so I was just curious.....

Lady Fanchon of the Fields of Clovers in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Class/Class/Class
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by irishcurls View Post
    Has anybody heard of the curly girl handbook by Lorraine Massey? I got it in the mail today and I am so excited. Its seems really easy and everything she says for curly hair is basically what is said on here so I was just curious.....
    Absolutely!! It's changed my hair sooo much for the better!! I'll never go back
    Faerie knots are sooo knot my friends

Length
    14/19/25ish
    Type
    3b/M/ii/iii

Well WickeWurlys You have absolutely beautiful hair so it must be doing good. I think according to the book I would be considered cherub curls. I think only time will tell. My poor hair is so damaged and does not have a curl pattern at all. It has a frizz pattern. I did wash my hair the way she instructs for the first time today. Its still wet but it looks promising!!!!! I know it will take time to get it all back but any improvement is a great thing.

Lady Fanchon of the Fields of Clovers in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    buzz/MBL/term
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by irishcurls View Post
    Yes, I have it too. I don't really take her advice, because I've already moved on to ditching products altogether, but I think it's got a lot of excellent advice and it's sound. I basically did her routine when I was mostly CO (though I used a coney conditioner), based on what I read on the old LHC forum.
    2c, average and healthy black platinum hair, MBL
    My hair loves stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, protein, preening, oils, and plopping
    My hair hates distearyldimonium chloride, quaternium-87, phenoxyethanol, brushes

Length
    20/25/38,WL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by WickedWurlys View Post
    @holly: i just did my normal co routine, then after mixed AVG and 3 drops of EVOO on wet hair just to see (not as a DT or anything). It turned out very fluffy, not sure if it's something I would do again. Maybe if I wanted lots of volume that day.

@magic: I think you look 3a. It was hard to see the top, are you 2c up there? Or does it stay 3a up there too?

How much AVG did you use? I'm going to try this after washing tonight...
    Meow to all!!! /\_/\ (=O.O=) (#) (#)