Page 662 of 851 FirstFirst ... 162562612652660661662663664672712762 ... LastLast
Results 6,611 to 6,620 of 8501

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Length
    20/25/38,WL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

I am SO excited!!! I think I have finally found a shampoo and conditioner! Alright, it might be too soon to tell but, it could be the BEST! I went to CVS to pick up some of the conditioner I use (old formula nexxus humectress ultimate moisturizing) but CVS only had the old formulation (or course!, why did they have to change it!) so I saw this stuff called Salma Hayek Nuance volumizing conditioner on sale for 5 dollars, I picked it up of course, and then HAD to get the shampoo to match it...and the moisturizing mask. I know, I'm was kicking myself for trying something new but I used it anyway, and today, I have CURLS and some volume! MY hair isn't perfect, but I suspect that is because I used alot of cone laden conditioners to try and make my hair soft after it went crazy like usual...grabbed cones out of frusteration. So, I plan on using a tiny bit of clarifying shampoo to rid myself of that slightly greasy feeling, but this shampoo and conditioner worked! My hair was straightish and flat the day before, and usually it takes a week of using just the right product to get SOME curl back, but this stuff brought most of my curls back in ONE wash, on top of all the cones! I can't believe it! I know, it might be too good to be true, but it might not, maybe I have found MY product!!!
    Meow to all!!! /\_/\ (=O.O=) (#) (#)

Length
    buzz/MBL/term
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

So far, coconut oil isn't doing as well as olive oil for my hair either. It's not tangly, but it's fluffier than I'd like and it never gets smoothed down as much as when I was using olive oil.

I've only been using it for a few days though, I want to give it a full two weeks before giving up on it. I clarified my hair after olive oil and before coconut oil, to start with a blank slate, so the only things on my head are sebum and coconut oil.
    2c, average and healthy black platinum hair, MBL
    My hair loves stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, protein, preening, oils, and plopping
    My hair hates distearyldimonium chloride, quaternium-87, phenoxyethanol, brushes

Length
    Class/Class/Class
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by earthnut View Post
    So far, coconut oil isn't doing as well as olive oil for my hair either. It's not tangly, but it's fluffier than I'd like and it never gets smoothed down as much as when I was using olive oil.

I've only been using it for a few days though, I want to give it a full two weeks before giving up on it. I clarified my hair after olive oil and before coconut oil, to start with a blank slate, so the only things on my head are sebum and coconut oil.
    Ya, I know watcha mean. I really WANTED to like it since I'm constantly hearing all these wonderful things about what it's doing for everybody's hair, but so far the EVOO is the clear winner for me. But that's ok, I've been using the coconut oil for everything else and it works great on skin, so I know it won't go to waste.
    Faerie knots are sooo knot my friends

Length
    3/16/25
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by earthnut View Post
    I haven't tried this... But it's on my to-try list (ever growing ) It's so simple and it seemed to work for some, so it's worth a try!

ETA: drrr, link! http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ead.php?t=6508

I'm going to visit my local organic shop and see if they have aloe gel. I'll definitely try that!

When you guys apply the EVOO, do you apply it to damp hair or dry?

Length
    Class/Class/Class
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by MagicalMystery View Post
    I'm going to visit my local organic shop and see if they have aloe gel. I'll definitely try that!

I haven't tried the EVOO on wet yet, but like it on dry 2nd & 3rd day hair but the key for me is very small amounts b/c it could really have the propensity to get greasy due to the emollients in it. Now ya got me curious to try some wet, lol

Do you have Walmart in Canada?
    Faerie knots are sooo knot my friends

Quote Originally Posted by Terra View Post
    Do you also have frizz after using Giovanni Direct Leave-in?

What helped me a lot was to put on top of it Curl Keeper from C.H.S. (Curly Hair Solution). It stopped frizz completely. Additionally it added a lot of shine to my hair!

Other gels are also working, but the Curl Keeper is a miracle.
    I'm also a huge fan of Curl Keeper.

Length
    buzz/MBL/term
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by MagicalMystery View Post
    I've tried it on both, and I prefer it on dry. Maybe it's just because I couldn't tell how much was enough when my hair was still wet.
    2c, average and healthy black platinum hair, MBL
    My hair loves stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, protein, preening, oils, and plopping
    My hair hates distearyldimonium chloride, quaternium-87, phenoxyethanol, brushes

Length
    24/32.5/38
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

I will be trying this Curl Keeper stuff, sounds great! I like aloe gel for the crown area with updos too. Congratulations Holly Fire! it is really great to find something that works for you!
    I know it has dimethicone, but I ever so rarely like to use the garnier fructis curl calm down. I hardley ever wear my hair down but it makes it voluminous and defined. Cones are a drawback, but so far no damage, and I do watch for it like crazy.

Length
    3/16/25
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/ii/iii

Anyone know where I can get a sample of Curl Keeper? Anyone know where it can be bought in Canada?

I did something today that I used to do when I was younger... I literally cut the frizz out of my hair. Sounds extreme, but my hair is so bulky that it doesn't show. I know those strands will eventually be shorter than the rest, thus leading to more fuzz, but it really helped. Hair looks much better now! Look at this ball of steel wool... Bleh!

Am I nuts or has anyone else ever done this too?

Quote Originally Posted by Tigermama View Post
    I will be trying this Curl Keeper stuff, sounds great! I like aloe gel for the crown area with updos too. Congratulations Holly Fire! it is really great to find something that works for you!
    I know it has dimethicone, but I ever so rarely like to use the garnier fructis curl calm down. I hardley ever wear my hair down but it makes it voluminous and defined. Cones are a drawback, but so far no damage, and I do watch for it like crazy.
    I did have a bit of a learning curve with Curl Keeper. I don't have an issue with the glycerin (relatively low on the list compared to some products I've tried and my hair seems to be agreeable to most ingredients). When I first tried it, I was layering it with several other products (LI, Re:Coil underneath, gel on top). Amazing results when I diffused, but very blah when I air dried. About 3 weeks ago I started using Curl Keeper alone over my LI (I admit I ended up adding a drop of gel to the CK before I put it in my hair- I love hard hold gel). Once I cut down on the layers of products I started getting great results with Curl Keeper whether I diffused or air dried.

As a side note, the same company that makes Curl Keeper also makes an amazing shampoo (yes, the kind with sulfates). I generally co-wash, but I found that Treatment Shampoo leaves my hair softer and silkier than almost every sulfate-free shampoo I've tried (and at last count I had 9 different sulfate-free shampoos piled up in my bathroom). Just thought I'd mention since you're using an occasional cone.