Page 656 of 851 FirstFirst ... 156556606646654655656657658666706756 ... LastLast
Results 6,551 to 6,560 of 8501

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Length
    20/25/38,WL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lilbeef View Post
    I have been using the oil shampoo. Coconut oil mixed in about half n half. No conditioner lately but occasionally I like to put a curl serum with cones in my hair to smooth it out nicely. Do I need to clarify each time I use the cones before I expect the coconut oil to soak in? Sorry if this has been addressed already I'm new to LHC and curly care! Thanks!
    I hate to say it but products and oil shampoo don't mix, its actually the reason I only tried it once, I like my products too much. By using products, especially cones, you coat the hair and that stops the lauric acid in the coconut oil from penetrating. No penetraing, no point in oil shampoo. Maybe try using some coconut oil by itself after washing to smooth your hair? It works for me.
    Meow to all!!! /\_/\ (=O.O=) (#) (#)

Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

My hair *hates* mineral oil / petrolatum / paraffinum liquidum -- it's definitely not for everyone, and on the occasions I've accidentally used it on my hair, I had a heck of a time getting it off with just CO-washing.

I'm just not ready to be a Renegray yet!
    Avatar credit to the lovely milagro

Length
    20/25/38,WL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by GRU View Post
    My hair *hates* mineral oil / petrolatum / paraffinum liquidum -- it's definitely not for everyone, and on the occasions I've accidentally used it on my hair, I had a heck of a time getting it off with just CO-washing.

Ooo, then I might have a hard time getting it off I fear, do you do 2-step CO washing? Do you think it necessary for well-moisturized hair?

Quote Originally Posted by Hollyfire3 View Post
    I hate to say it but products and oil shampoo don't mix, its actually the reason I only tried it once, I like my products too much. By using products, especially cones, you coat the hair and that stops the lauric acid in the coconut oil from penetrating. No penetraing, no point in oil shampoo. Maybe try using some coconut oil by itself after washing to smooth your hair? It works for me.
    That makes total sense to me .. I think I'll try what you suggest and go from there. One thing I've learned from here is it's alot of trial and error to find your own perfect routine!

Length
    20/25/38,WL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lilbeef View Post
    That makes total sense to me .. I think I'll try what you suggest and go from there. One thing I've learned from here is it's alot of trial and error to find your own perfect routine!
    There sure is! I'm still working on it with messed up hair to boot...not fun. But try the coconut oil for leave in, if your hair likes the oil shampoo it should like the coconut oil, just apply a little at first, it gets greasy really fast. maybe comb when damp to smooth out the curls? Just be careful with the comb and don't pull too hard.

Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Hollyfire3 View Post
    Ooo, then I might have a hard time getting it off I fear, do you do 2-step CO washing? Do you think it necessary for well-moisturized hair?
    I'm typically a one-stepper. I dilute conditioner with water in an applicator bottle (approx 2 ounces conditioner with approx 5 ounces water) and apply that to my scalp and rub that in, put the additional on my length and comb out tangles, do my other showerly duties, rinse the whole thing out, ACV rinse (about a tablespoon in a quart of water), then add conditioner for leave-in.

I do sometimes do a second "heavy" conditioner in there (before the ACV rinse), but not very often.

Length
    20/25/38,WL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by GRU View Post
    I'm typically a one-stepper. I dilute conditioner with water in an applicator bottle (approx 2 ounces conditioner with approx 5 ounces water) and apply that to my scalp and rub that in, put the additional on my length and comb out tangles, do my other showerly duties, rinse the whole thing out, ACV rinse (about a tablespoon in a quart of water), then add conditioner for leave-in.

I do sometimes do a second "heavy" conditioner in there (before the ACV rinse), but not very often.
    Sounds easy enough, I won't be doing the ACV rinse, my hair hates them, it makes my hair just weird and not nice. What heavy conditioner do you use? Should I just start with the 1-step?

Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

Everyone's hair is different.... try one thing for a couple weeks and see if your hair likes it, if not, then try something else.

There is no one "right answer" or "right technique" or "right product" that works for everyone. It's just a lot of trial and error.

Length
    chin/APL/knee
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Keep it adequately moisturized for one (lotsa conditioner). Secondly, you might want to read up on the curly girl method (get the book, or read this) and get some of the things mentioned into your routine to see whether or not it will enhance the waviness.
    Ok, thank you so much, I'll check it out and experiment around to see what works!

Length
    chin/APL/knee
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by earthnut View Post
    Moisture, moisture, moisture! Curls crave moisture. Conditioner and/or oils, and lay off the shampoo.
    Oh... I'm not sure I am ready to try the CO method... I try to use more natural schampoo without SLS. Isn't that ok also? I do oil occasionally. Which oil is the best one? I also am trying out washing with herbs like shikakai and soap nut instead of shampoo. Is this good you think?

Don't know a lot about haircare, yet Thank you so much for your help!