Page 655 of 851 FirstFirst ... 155555605645653654655656657665705755 ... LastLast
Results 6,541 to 6,550 of 8501

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Length
    20/25/38,WL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WickedWurlys View Post
    Ya, totally agree on not clarifying for quite a while & when you do only use a gentle sls say w/ust coco betaine would be all it takes to get the cones off. I would not use the ION one again at least for a year b/c you just wouldn't need it.
    Do you know of any ceap shampoos with the coco betaine? I have never had cones take out my curls before so it shouldn't be a problem when they decide to come back. I am not touching shampoo ALL week, just to see how it goes, i will scrub and scrub until all the product is off with the CO washing. My heavier conditioner is this one: Water (Aqua), Stearalkonium Chloride, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Mineral Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Wheat Flour (Triticum Vulgare) Lipids, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Alpha-Glucan Oligosaccharide, Keratin Amino Acids, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Magnesium Citrate, Manganese Citrate, Avocado (Persea Gratissima) Oil, Soybean (Glycine Soja) Sterol, Ceramide 3, Butyl Methoxydibenzolymethane, Ethylhexyl Methocinnamate, Myristic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Sodium Chloride,
    Polyglyceryl-3 Distearate, Polysorbate 60, Polysorbate 20, Potassium Sorbate, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Petrolatum, Stearyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butyl Carbamate, PEG-40 Castor Oil, Citric Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Red 4 (CI 14700), Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Blue 1 (CI 42090), Red 33 (CI 17200). ,

Its not cone free I so believe, but it works great. Here is the mousse I use:
    Aqua (water), Propane, Polysorbate 20, Butane, Polyquaternium-11, VP/VA Copolymer, Isobutane, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Quaternium-52, Cetrimonium Chloride, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Alcohol Denat., DMDM Hydantoin, Parfum (fragrance), Citronellol, Coumarin, Geraniol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone.
    I know its heavy and claims to volumize but I use it for curl definition, it works great also. Will CO work with both of these products? Sorry to ask so much, I just don't know what will work and would be VERY reluctant to give up either of these products.
    Meow to all!!! /\_/\ (=O.O=) (#) (#)

The other option instead of straight CO would be to use a cleansing conditioner- they tend to be a nice, happy medium between CO and low-poo. I normally alternate between CO and cleansing conditioner throughout the week, depending on how my hair feels each day. The Curls line even has a cleansing conditioner that contains coco betaine so it can remove cones.

Length
    20/25/38,WL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Corrina777 View Post
    The other option instead of straight CO would be to use a cleansing conditioner- they tend to be a nice, happy medium between CO and low-poo. I normally alternate between CO and cleansing conditioner throughout the week, depending on how my hair feels each day. The Curls line even has a cleansing conditioner that contains coco betaine so it can remove cones.
    Oh wow, I never even knew of this option! Awsome! I will look into it, especially if I get build up, but I tend to not want to buy new products because i have so many I don't like. Maybe suave has a conditioner with coco betaine in it? That way if I hate it, no harm done? I will keep my eyes open for cleansing conditioner of any sort. I have never heard of The Curls line, is it avaliable in the US?

Length
    Class/Class/Class
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Hollyfire3 View Post
    Oh wow, I never even knew of this option! Awsome! I will look into it, especially if I get build up, but I tend to not want to buy new products because i have so many I don't like. Maybe suave has a conditioner with coco betaine in it? That way if I hate it, no harm done? I will keep my eyes open for cleansing conditioner of any sort. I have never heard of The Curls line, is it avaliable in the US?
    Those you listed above are cone free . Definitely what Corrina said. Although, I personally won't touch mineral oil on hair and it's also prevalent in skin lotions. I know alot of people on here like mineral oil, but I have a business that deals w/intense skin care and even did a test 1 time to prove it. I filled a glass full of mineral oil and dropped a saltine cracker in it.

Still the next day the saltine cracker was completely dry and the mineral oil had not penetrated it, so in essence it acts like cones on hair, it feels soft on top but underneath your skin is starving for moisture which creates more dryness and of course the need to buy more product to put more on trying to fix this.

Mineral oil is a crude oil by product/petrolatum and you would be surprised how many products contain it. Sorry TMI, lol

Length
    buzz/MBL/term
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Do you know of any ceap shampoos with the coco betaine?
    Johnson's Baby Shampoo and most generic baby shampoos have coco betaine as the main cleanser and no SLS, though they aren't sulfate-free. IME coco betaine isn't strong enough to clarify. Baby shampoo is what I used as my shampoo on a regular basis, and I got buildup, though it did take a while. For clarifying I used baking soda or dish soap. Clarifying needs stronger cleansers. You don't need a lot and you don't do it often so it won't damage your hair.

My heavier conditioner is this one: Water (Aqua), Stearalkonium Chloride, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Mineral Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Wheat Flour (Triticum Vulgare) Lipids, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Alpha-Glucan Oligosaccharide, Keratin Amino Acids, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Magnesium Citrate, Manganese Citrate, Avocado (Persea Gratissima) Oil, Soybean (Glycine Soja) Sterol, Ceramide 3, Butyl Methoxydibenzolymethane, Ethylhexyl Methocinnamate, Myristic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Sodium Chloride,
    Polyglyceryl-3 Distearate, Polysorbate 60, Polysorbate 20, Potassium Sorbate, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Petrolatum, Stearyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butyl Carbamate, PEG-40 Castor Oil, Citric Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Red 4 (CI 14700), Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Blue 1 (CI 42090), Red 33 (CI 17200). ,

Its not cone free I so believe, but it works great. Here is the mousse I use:
    Aqua (water), Propane, Polysorbate 20, Butane, Polyquaternium-11, VP/VA Copolymer, Isobutane, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Quaternium-52, Cetrimonium Chloride, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Alcohol Denat., DMDM Hydantoin, Parfum (fragrance), Citronellol, Coumarin, Geraniol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone.
    Those are cone-free. There are no ingredients that end in "-cone".
    2c, average and healthy black platinum hair, MBL
    My hair loves stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, protein, preening, oils, and plopping
    My hair hates distearyldimonium chloride, quaternium-87, phenoxyethanol, brushes

Length
    buzz/MBL/term
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Nellon View Post
    My question is, how to make it even more curly? How should I treat it now? It's about chin length in front and almost shoulder in back.
    Moisture, moisture, moisture! Curls crave moisture. Conditioner and/or oils, and lay off the shampoo.
    2c, average and healthy black platinum hair, MBL
    My hair loves stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, protein, preening, oils, and plopping
    My hair hates distearyldimonium chloride, quaternium-87, phenoxyethanol, brushes

Length
    20/25/38,WL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by WickedWurlys View Post
    Those you listed above are cone free . Definitely what Corrina said. Although, I personally won't touch mineral oil on hair and it's also prevalent in skin lotions. I know alot of people on here like mineral oil, but I have a business that deals w/intense skin care and even did a test 1 time to prove it. I filled a glass full of mineral oil and dropped a saltine cracker in it.

Still the next day the saltine cracker was completely dry and the mineral oil had not penetrated it, so in essence it acts like cones on hair, it feels soft on top but underneath your skin is starving for moisture which creates more dryness and of course the need to buy more product to put more on trying to fix this.

Mineral oil is a crude oil by product/petrolatum and you would be surprised how many products contain it. Sorry TMI, lol
    Yeah, I didn't know the conditioner had mineral oil in it until recently, I think it has enough emulsifiers and such not to be like a cone. That is a CRAZY test, insane results wow...just, wow...never even knew that was possible! I will be careful with this conditioner, it is really only for the length, it has really helped save my hair before though, so i trust it quite a bit, Not TMI, I like to know this sort of stuff. I just am happy its cone free! I actually was pretty much cone free and didn't know it! WOW! Happiness! I will try out my plan and hope for good results, after all the stuff I used yesterday and all the conditioner I left in, my hair is feeling kinda...coated, but I'm sure the CO will basically remove all of what is in it, its not build up, just alot of conditioner left in, which is a good thing, because it helped moisturize, all will be okay, this at least gives me hope.

Length
    20/25/38,WL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by earthnut View Post
    Johnson's Baby Shampoo and most generic baby shampoos have coco betaine as the main cleanser and no SLS, though they aren't sulfate-free. IME coco betaine isn't strong enough to clarify. Baby shampoo is what I used as my shampoo on a regular basis, and I got buildup, though it did take a while. For clarifying I used baking soda or dish soap. Clarifying needs stronger cleansers. You don't need a lot and you don't do it often so it won't damage your hair.

Those are cone-free. There are no ingredients that end in "-cone".

Thanks, I had no idea if a hidden cone was in there that didn't end in cone but was one. I will need to clarify sometimes but no time soon, I just dread it so much beacuse my hair goes straight for days, I think I just need moisture, that is probably my main problem

Length
    Class/Class/Class
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Yeah, I didn't know the conditioner had mineral oil in it until recently, I think it has enough emulsifiers and such not to be like a cone. That is a CRAZY test, insane results wow...just, wow...never even knew that was possible! I will be careful with this conditioner, it is really only for the length, it has really helped save my hair before though, so i trust it quite a bit, Not TMI, I like to know this sort of stuff. I just am happy its cone free! I actually was pretty much cone free and didn't know it! WOW! Happiness! I will try out my plan and hope for good results, after all the stuff I used yesterday and all the conditioner I left in, my hair is feeling kinda...coated, but I'm sure the CO will basically remove all of what is in it, its not build up, just alot of conditioner left in, which is a good thing, because it helped moisturize, all will be okay, this at least gives me hope.
    You'll be just fine now, I have no worries. The co will defintely take of that build up feeling & don't forget, it's probably your mousse leaving it feeling that way. It does it to mine too, so I don't use it daily cuz I don't like that feeling either

I have been using the oil shampoo. Coconut oil mixed in about half n half. No conditioner lately but occasionally I like to put a curl serum with cones in my hair to smooth it out nicely. Do I need to clarify each time I use the cones before I expect the coconut oil to soak in? Sorry if this has been addressed already I'm new to LHC and curly care! Thanks!