Page 639 of 851 FirstFirst ... 139539589629637638639640641649689739 ... LastLast
Results 6,381 to 6,390 of 8501

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Length
    20/25/38,WL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Envari View Post
    Heehee!

Must convince hubby that a fridge right next to the bathtub is perfectly normal

LOL!!!!! I want a mini fridge in my bathroom! I already get strange looks when mixing concotions for my hair, better hope they work or the family gives me the I told you so....lol.
    A mini fridge in the bathroom IS normal NOT to worry!
    Meow to all!!! /\_/\ (=O.O=) (#) (#)

Length
    17/42/30

Quote Originally Posted by Tealpuffin View Post
    Hey i am sorry i have not been on in a while. I am now straightening my hair a lot less than what i used to and i am now getting used to being a curly/wavy/whatever other hair texture my hair is . i was just wondering how do you revive your curls in the morning because no matter whether i wear my hair up or down, my curls become deformed and i end up looking scruffy or like a poodle :P x
    Some people dampen their hands with water and a little conditioner (or curl creme) and rake it through their hair to refresh it, or I suppose you could use a mister bottle instead. I don't bother because it doesn't do anything for my hair but you could try it.

Goal met and exceeded, now what?
    I have curly virgin hair which is currently tailbone length un-stretched.

Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by MandyBeth View Post
    Is the second day issue from damage or tight curl related issue? Part of me thinks damage, but the other part says even the less damaged length riots if it's messed with dry, so got me.
    For me, the issue of "no such thing as second day curls" is because of the curl pattern itself. I think it isn't such a big deal for wavy/wurly folks, because many of the wurly folks can brush or comb and still have wurls, or their wurls will rejuvenate with just getting "damp" instead of getting soaking wet.

But for actual 3-sized curls (either S-shaped or spiral-style), any type of manipulation (even just sleeping on it) results in separating strands from the clumps, which means BIG FRIZZ and wonky-shaped curls (some curls might still be tight and even, but others are grossly misshapen). And this doesn't even take into account the mats that have developed over the course of the previous 24 hours.

There is no way to get my curl pattern back into clumps other than wetting the hair and re-clumping and re-drying. Thinner/finer hair can probably achieve this effect with a few spritzes from a spray bottle, but my thick/coarse hair would require literally dozens and dozens of spritzes to wet it enough to be able to re-clump, and at that point it's just faster and easier to pop my head under the spray when I'm taking my shower.

So it's definitely worth TRYING the spritz-and-scrunch method -- it does work for some folks! But if it doesn't work for your hair, you're definitely not the only one in that boat, either!

I'm just not ready to be a Renegray yet!
    Avatar credit to the lovely milagro

Length
    19"/19"/26"
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii/iii

Thank You Gru and Covet i shall try the spritz-and-scrunch method tomorrow and see if it works but if not it is no problem, i will continue with my current technique.

I find that it is hard with my hair because the layers underneath are fairly tight curls but as you go further up my head the less curly it gets and the waves and curls are very irregular, creating a lot of messy hair. it probably does not help that my ends are currently quite damaged (due to straightening) but i have always had the same problem.

made of sugar and cyanide MandyBeth's Avatar
    Length
    6"?/17"/.....
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

Yeah, I braided J's hair when we got home. They are fuzzy and messy. Just can't mess with her curls dry. Move them from a neighbor, they throw a tantrum and refuse to live by their new neighbor.

Pried her away from Marsh, cleaned her up, soaked her curls in a ton of conditioner and rebraided them. So now party is over, she's back out riding Marsh finally now while Ty supervises. Marsh has pretty braids also that might have purple ribbon in them. And sparkly hooves. Wodan also has pretty glitter nails and collar in purple. Mr Regal Doberman is not avoiding the princess treatment.

Length
    20/25/38,WL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by GRU View Post
    For me, the issue of "no such thing as second day curls" is because of the curl pattern itself. I think it isn't such a big deal for wavy/wurly folks, because many of the wurly folks can brush or comb and still have wurls, or their wurls will rejuvenate with just getting "damp" instead of getting soaking wet.

But for actual 3-sized curls (either S-shaped or spiral-style), any type of manipulation (even just sleeping on it) results in separating strands from the clumps, which means BIG FRIZZ and wonky-shaped curls (some curls might still be tight and even, but others are grossly misshapen). And this doesn't even take into account the mats that have developed over the course of the previous 24 hours.

There is no way to get my curl pattern back into clumps other than wetting the hair and re-clumping and re-drying. Thinner/finer hair can probably achieve this effect with a few spritzes from a spray bottle, but my thick/coarse hair would require literally dozens and dozens of spritzes to wet it enough to be able to re-clump, and at that point it's just faster and easier to pop my head under the spray when I'm taking my shower.

So it's definitely worth TRYING the spritz-and-scrunch method -- it does work for some folks! But if it doesn't work for your hair, you're definitely not the only one in that boat, either!
    Luckily, me wurls can be rejuvinated by being lightly dampened, if I had to get my hair any more wet to rejuvinate the wurls, i would be better off just wetting it again as you said, I use nearly half a bottle just to dampen it, to wet it with the squirt bottle, it would be ridiculous lol.
    Meow to all!!! /\_/\ (=O.O=) (#) (#)

Length
    Pixie/BCL/?!
    Type
    3b/3c/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by GRU View Post

This? This is gospel.

So many of my friends ask why I co-wash every night, and I'm usually too tired to explain how insane my hair would look by the second day. If they don't have a friend or family member with curls and already understand, nothing short of a bad hair day for me would make it clear.

Add to that the idea that sometimes even the perfect and most tried-and-true haircare routine results in ???? hair days. That's a concept non-curlies just can't seem to grasp.
    Grew out the pixie.
    Acquired a mane.
    Cruising toward Classic.

**For my routine, please see my blog posts.**

Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyCap View Post
    Add to that the idea that sometimes even the perfect and most tried-and-true haircare routine results in ???? hair days. That's a concept non-curlies just can't seem to grasp.
    If I had a picture-a-day during elementary school, they might start to understand this concept. My mom kept my hair boy-short, and one day I'd have a "wing" on my left ear with the rest of it straight, the next day the left ear part would be straight and there'd be a "wing" on the right ear, yada yada yada. I never once had a "good hair day" back in those days, because there was always SOMEthing foofing out in a direction it wasn't supposed to be!

Curly hair flat-out has a mind of its own, and a devilishly wicked sense of humor to boot. It's moodier than a 13yo girl with PMS, I swear to goodness!

I'm just not ready to be a Renegray yet!
    Avatar credit to the lovely milagro

Length
    pixie/bsl/waist
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

My curls are driving me nuts. I wish I could flip a switch that makes me magically grow 2a hair instead of 2c/3a.

Option 1 - Blow-dry my hair straight-ish with cones, every 3-4 days for the rest of my life.
    Option 2 - Henna - for the rest of my life. Love the straightening effect - not so fond of the orange glow.
    Option 3 - Pixie. Straighten hair perfectly with hard-hold gel.

Bleh. I don't really like any of these options.

made of sugar and cyanide MandyBeth's Avatar
    Length
    6"?/17"/.....
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyCap View Post
    This? This is gospel.

So many of my friends ask why I co-wash every night, and I'm usually too tired to explain how insane my hair would look by the second day. If they don't have a friend or family member with curls and already understand, nothing short of a bad hair day for me would make it clear.

J almost always gets her hair put up for school, safer that way. But there are days when the only thing the curls agree marginally to is an English braid with a pretty major tassel. That's usually when she wants to try straight hair again. Which annoys her as it's suddenly always in the way. The fun of hair that is really past her rear but the curls sprong up to waist.