Page 632 of 851 FirstFirst ... 132532582622630631632633634642682732 ... LastLast
Results 6,311 to 6,320 of 8501

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Length
    Pixie/BCL/?!
    Type
    3b/3c/M/C/ii

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MandyBeth View Post
    Oh, J's hair, the new 10" of growth shrinks to 2.5" dry. The ends, 12" of hair pulled straight curls up to 9". The high damage goes from 8" to 7". Is the new growth going to relax or is J having hyper tight curls now that they aren't crispy dry?
    My guess is that it's going to end up tightly curly. It's easier (lol, sometimes) to release a curl than to get it to naturally form tighter curls.

HOWEVER, they two of you can play with how tight the spirals are but experimenting with different leave-ins. Heavy conditioners like Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition or oil under VO5 loosen my spirals. However, a light leave-in allows maximum bounce and tight curls. There are days when I don't want foot wide hair. It's a great trick to teach a little girl with curly hair. She'll thank you later!
    Grew out the pixie.
    Acquired a mane.
    Cruising toward Classic.

**For my routine, please see my blog posts.**

made of sugar and cyanide MandyBeth's Avatar
    Length
    6"?/17"/.....
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

We use Biolage knock off daily, and her curls stay tight. Thankfully, the length keeps it from getting huge usually. Think we'd be better without daily washing, but she gets in everything and dirt is fun.

Account Closed by Member Request

I've been using my oil shampoo with fantastic results, a much simpler routine than I have ever gotten away with. I use a very little (tiny amounts), if any, product in my hair other than coconut or olive oil. I do co-wash or use shampoo bars in between. I've also been doing heavy oilings quite often, 1-2 times a week and my hair loves it!!! My hair has steadily and dramatically improved since starting the "curly girl method" and now oil shampoo.
    Lots of beautiful curlie in this thread.

Length
    Pixie/BCL/?!
    Type
    3b/3c/M/C/ii

So I just bought some Argan oil to see what the craze is all about.

I gotta say, I'm impressed.

Today instead of putting conditioner as a leave-in, I added 8 drops of Argan oil throughout my lengths. My hair is drying and is holding moisture incredibly well. No other oil I've tried is this effective. The definition is less because of the reduced amount of product, but it's still drying nicely and is not frizzy.

Just wanted to share in case any curlies were also curious about Argan as a leave-in.
    Grew out the pixie.
    Acquired a mane.
    Cruising toward Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyCap View Post

Today instead of putting conditioner as a leave-in, I added 8 drops of Argan oil throughout my lengths. My hair is drying and is holding moisture incredibly well. No other oil I've tried is this effective. The definition is less because of the reduced amount of product, but it's still drying nicely and is not frizzy.

Just wanted to share in case any curlies were also curious about Argan as a leave-in.
    May I ask where you purchased it from?

Length
    Pixie/BCL/?!
    Type
    3b/3c/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by curlsgalore View Post
    May I ask where you purchased it from?
    I bought a small sample (0.5oz) from Whole Foods, but I found this link from the forum search (http://www.thesage.com/catalog/fullcat.html#section24) that offers a great size at a reasonable price, $26.

Also, Amazon has some great deals if I decide to keep using it.
    Grew out the pixie.
    Acquired a mane.
    Cruising toward Classic.

I bought a small sample (0.5oz) from Whole Foods, but I found this link from the forum search (http://www.thesage.com/catalog/fullcat.html#section24) that offers a great size at a reasonable price, $26.

Also, Amazon has some great deals if I decide to keep using it.
    Thank you!

Length
    20"/26"/50"
    Type
    3c/4a/M/ii/iii

It was already on my shopping list, but now I'm keen on testing it.
    Thanks for sharing!

Type
    3a/3b/M/C/ii/iii

I love Argan oil, but I've never thought of using it as a leave-in...good tip, thank you!

Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

I did my very first SMT last night and it was nothing but amazing!

However, as you can see on my profile info, I've characterized my hair as 2b/2c. After getting moisture boosts from heavy coconut oiling and now also the SMT, I'm beginning to think it might be more towards a 2c/3a or maybe even a straight 3a. Any curly opinions on the matter?

Hubby wasnt home to help with pics and the lightning isnt too good since it's all cludy and rainy here, but hopefully you can make out the details anyway. The hair dried overnight without any products in - it's a bit flat and/or frizzy in some areas due to me sleeping on it, but I didn't want to braid it since I wanted to see the natural structure without "fake wavies".

I still need to figure out how to get pictures to show directly in a post - the joy of being a noob around here - so you're only getting a link to the album Anyways - whats your opinion my fellow c/wurlies?

Edit: Pics (free Scary Curl included) added.

Last edited by Envari; March 15th, 2012 at 04:00 AM.
    SPRINGTIME! - aka GROWTIME!