Page 619 of 851 FirstFirst ... 119519569609617618619620621629669719 ... LastLast
Results 6,181 to 6,190 of 8501

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Length
    HL/38TBL/CLSC?
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Nice to have some new curlies. Welcome, ladies!

made of sugar and cyanide MandyBeth's Avatar
    Length
    6"?/17"/.....
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

SunshineLiz, with J, I give up and let her hair do as it will. A large part of the frizz is because kids get their hair in and on EVERYTHING. So since they don't treat it nice, they get frizz. J has hair loose at all, give her 15 minutes, it'll be exploded out. It's cute on a 6 y/o, so I don't give a care.

Cut the purple off J's hair, doesn't look any shorter really. The really godawful section is down to shoulder to mid back now at least when it's wet. However, ugh, it just gets worse and worse as it's getting older. I'm not sure it's going to make it another 2 years to grow out. She's at classic when wet, so she's got a lot of room to grow out. Plus, cutting her hair to mid-back while wet is going to bounce her curls up past her shoulders, and that's NOT going to happen.

Length
    Chin/Shldr/Hip
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii/iii

I'm having a *weird* curl day, so I put it up in a bun.. My biggest challenge with my hair is that the only successful way to wear it down is to completely wet it, then fingercomb it and let it air dry.. so when I put it up or anything, I can't take it down a wear it.. without dealing with some seriously weird looking waves lol..oh well..
    Lady Verisiel of the Triskle Tresses in the Order of the Long Haired Knights ~ Current Mini Goal: APL by DEC 2013

Length
    pixie/bsl/waist
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Mommyof4 View Post
    I'm having a *weird* curl day, so I put it up in a bun.. My biggest challenge with my hair is that the only successful way to wear it down is to completely wet it, then fingercomb it and let it air dry.. so when I put it up or anything, I can't take it down a wear it.. without dealing with some seriously weird looking waves lol..oh well..
    I might have a solution for that....I put my hair in a rather high cinnabun with gel when it's soaking wet, then I take it down when the front and sides are dry but the bun is still wet. The trick is not to touch it AT ALL until all of the hair is dry. Then the back will reform into your own curl clumps instead of bun waves. I unclip it and tilt my head to take the bun down...no touching.

Length
    chin/bsl/class
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

An old curly checking in to welcome new curlies!

My curls are officially past waist length I'm so excited to see them actually growing...but waist length defiantly brings up its own problems! Knots are getting to be a bit more of a problem as is finding cheap cone free hair products that have A LOT of protein in! Sighhhhh the needs of curly hair can get so tiring sometimes

Length
    16"/33/????
    Type
    2c/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by 09robiha View Post
    An old curly checking in to welcome new curlies!

My curls are officially past waist length I'm so excited to see them actually growing...but waist length defiantly brings up its own problems! Knots are getting to be a bit more of a problem as is finding cheap cone free hair products that have A LOT of protein in! Sighhhhh the needs of curly hair can get so tiring sometimes
    Congrats on getting to waistlength!!!!
    I am dying to get there, but massive shedding is really getting in the way.
    ​Babyfine and superrrrr thin. Growing long anyway!
    Lady Kan-Yu, Lawspeaker of Heaven and Earth in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    chin/bsl/class
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by girlcat36 View Post
    Congrats on getting to waistlength!!!!
    I am dying to get there, but massive shedding is really getting in the way.
    Urgh shedding is driving me crazy too! I don't know wether it's the fact my hair only gets a good comb and detangle 1-2x a wk but there's so much hair! And it's everywhere all the time! I feel your pain lol

Length
    shldr/waist/hip
    Type
    3a/3b/M/iii

Hi all! I am new to this forum, so I sought out the curly thread to introduce myself. One question. Do you guys measure your hair by its length when curly, or stretched out?

Quote Originally Posted by 09robiha View Post
    Urgh shedding is driving me crazy too! I don't know wether it's the fact my hair only gets a good comb and detangle 1-2x a wk but there's so much hair! And it's everywhere all the time! I feel your pain lol
    My hair sheds a lot too. I think you are right about it coming out a lot because of biweekly detangling. If you lose 100 hairs a day, then that's like 300 or 400 when one detangles. O.O I take out huge globs of hair in the shower...

Length
    20"/26"/50"
    Type
    3c/4a/M/ii/iii

Hi whimaway!

I measure it when it's stretched. But for me counts more how long they are, when they are dry... Also it would be difficult to measure when they are dry, because my curls are sometimes longer and sometimes shorter. It depends from the product I've used...

Wet/stretched I'm already BSL, but dry/curly I just past shoulder...

Hey,new curly on board as well struggling to embrace the curliness,as my hair is never the same.Seems like I have different curls every time even when my routine is the same (CO),I'd like to know what you guys use to define your curls ?Mine are kind of messy.I recently got Elvive Curl Control but it made my curls crunchy,just like every mousse I have ever tried and coconut oil make them too small (very tight) when it's not my natural curls.I need your lights!!