Page 612 of 851 FirstFirst ... 112512562602610611612613614622662712 ... LastLast
Results 6,111 to 6,120 of 8501

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Length
    20/25/38,WL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jaine View Post
    If you have 2nd day hair and you don't wet it, how on earth would you detangle it??
    Or do some people just have magical curly hair that doesn't tangle?

Hehe, i detangle my hair in teeny tiny sections with a huge comb and lots of time...if i rewet it, it would never dry before i get the urge to just wash it again...oh the joys of curly hair...
    Meow to all!!! /\_/\ (=O.O=) (#) (#)

Length
    Pixie/BCL/?!
    Type
    3b/3c/M/C/ii

This is technically double posting (full post in Henna and Herbal Forum), but I wanted to share because I'm so happy with my curls right now. THEY'RE BEHAVING.

Hee hee. Today I got ridiculously shiny and well-defined curls without using a ton of silicone serum.

And it's soft.

And it's growing.

I'm happy.

I just wish it was easier to capture a good hair day on my crappy cell phone camera. My hair was BIG and AWESOME, and I don't think the photos capture that. Boo.

/hair happiness crowing session
    Grew out the pixie.
    Acquired a mane.
    Cruising toward Classic.

**For my routine, please see my blog posts.**

Gregorian Enchantress Theobroma's Avatar
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

CurlyCap, oh yes it did! Your curls are gorgeous!

Length
    13"/39½"/47"
    Type
    3c/F/ii

Yes indeed Curlycap! I wish mine were so evenly and shiny like yours. Still some more to do for me until they heal.

Lynnala: Like gru says. And also simply a leave-in. Could be conditioner, aloe vera, glycerine, an oil or all of it in a mix. No one byt your relative can say what her hair craves. And this can change over time also, so tell her to try different things from time to time.

Length
    24???/38?/37
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lynnala View Post
    Hi Curlies! I'm here for more advice about my niece's hair. Sorry I haven't taken pics yet; now that she's wearing her hair down she needs a serious trim, so I'm waiting until her hair looks better to show off to you. Anyway, here's what I'm wondering. Her hair looks really great the day after an SMT or CO wash, and then as days go by it starts getting frizzy again. What do you all recommend for a daily treatment in curly hair to keep it tamed between washes/CO's? Thanks!
    I agree with the spritzing with diluted conditioner, or re-wetting in the sink with hanfulls of water. However, if my hair looks good before going to bed, I gently detangle with wide comb, the gently twist hair just enough to fit in a slumber cap. Then, when I wake up, it just needs a little combing and spritzing to wake it back up. Does she have a slumber cap? it really helps extend your good hair days

Length
    pixie/bsl/waist
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Hollyfire3 View Post
    Hehe, i detangle my hair in teeny tiny sections with a huge comb and lots of time...if i rewet it, it would never dry before i get the urge to just wash it again...oh the joys of curly hair...
    And then what do you do to restyle it after you detangle it?
    My hair would be a huge puffy mess if I wore it curly and then detangled it dry at the end of the day...I would have to get it wet again to make it not-puffy...so I'm just trying to picture how this could work....it would certainly be useful if I could detangle and get my hair to look good again without getting it wet.

Length
    Pixie/BSL/BSL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

CurlyCap, your curls looks FABULOUS!!! Whatever you did, it's working for you!

Jaine, if I detangled and combed, my hair would like a giant poof, too.
    Proud Member of the Renegray Gang
    Lady Arethusa of the Gossamer Garden in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

Length
    Pixie/BCL/?!
    Type
    3b/3c/M/C/ii

^^ I've never been able to restyle either. It's get it wet again, or put it up. And since it's short that means a makeshift bun and lots of hairpins. Usually, I'd rather just get it wet again.

I'd love to know more about peoples techniques. When my hair was longer, I would damp bun when I slept (I shower at night), and in the morning I'd just have to let it down and shake it out. But now that it's shorter I can't put it up at night, and if the curls didn't survive the night, I either go to work with WEIRD hair or just recondition my hair in the kitchen sink. (I can't shower in the morning. The temperature shock is too much for me.)

lynnala: My parents used to ponytail and braid my hair between washes. You don't have to brush her curl, just separate into three clumps and braid. But if she showers in the morning, co-washing is gentle enough to do every day. It's quick and takes care of styling as well as moisturizing.
    Grew out the pixie.
    Acquired a mane.
    Cruising toward Classic.

**For my routine, please see my blog posts.**

Gregorian Enchantress Theobroma's Avatar
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

CurlyCap, you said in the other thread that you dried your hair upside down because all the curls could hang freely without interference that way. I've been wondering whether that would work with longer hair too or would it make for epic tangles when you flip back right side up? I'm at hip or so and having my hair brushing against my body while it dries does spoil some of the curls, but I'm worried about the tangle issue if I tried to dry upside down!

Type
    2a/F/i/ii

Thanks for the advice all. I'll suggest the water/CO spritz, that sounds like something she can handle. And CO wash whenever she wants. I doubt I can get her to do anything with her hair when she sleeps, but I'll mention it! Will give updates and pics eventually. I've been reading up on how to trim curly hair, I think I'll try to do it for her too.