Page 606 of 851 FirstFirst ... 106506556596604605606607608616656706 ... LastLast
Results 6,051 to 6,060 of 8501

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

made of sugar and cyanide MandyBeth's Avatar
    Length
    6"?/17"/.....
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Very much so, tho we can feel the change from damage to slight damage to conditioner wash. About oh 12" or so feels fine, the rest plays nice if we bribe it, it's all curly and adorable. AND she doesn't like it straight, it gets in the way.

Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

I still have about another year or two to get rid of the rest of my pre-CO-washing damage, been trimming it off a bit at a time to maintain my length. Just amazes me how silky my nasty hair can actually be if you treat it nicely!

I'm just not ready to be a Renegray yet!
    Avatar credit to the lovely milagro

Gregorian Enchantress Theobroma's Avatar
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by GRU View Post
    I still have about another year or two to get rid of the rest of my pre-CO-washing damage, been trimming it off a bit at a time to maintain my length. Just amazes me how silky my nasty hair can actually be if you treat it nicely!
    Me too. I had no idea my hair could be something other than strawlike!

Account Closed by Member Request

what astonishes me the most is how shiny it is. So shiny that when people see it they stare and ask, "is your hair wet?" and then boggle when I say "no."

As for trimming: a month ago I air dried it and dry trimmed it lock by lock, simply cutting each lock where the taper stopped being so dramatic. I trimmed off nearly 4 inches (unstretched) on some locks. i worreid that it would be uneven and I'd have long stragglers, but weirdly? no.

and now it seems like I hadn't trimmed it at all! not because the ends are so tapered and thin, but that my wet hair is hitting the same point on my body anyway. I think it was longer than i realized before I cut it, because no way it grew that much...

Length
    6"?/17"/.....
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

Well, just put Manic Panic on J's hair. Just about 4" of the ends. I did it to my hair, she wanted the ends also. Soaked her hair in oil and shea butter, put it in braids with long tassels, then dipped the tassels. Her hair is so faded/damaged at the ends, it's actually pretty visible. The purple then fades into her normal color.

Her ends actually feel better, less straw like. They were also more curly today. So meh, what do I care. She likes it, it's fun, it'll wash out soon enough.

I'm just letting her have fun with her hair. Figure what's the point in having hair if you don't enjoy it.

Length
    6"?/17"/.....
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

Moving this up so another mother can see the advice for curly haired munchkins

Length
    pixie/bsl/waist
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

I think I need someone to talk me out of henna. Please?!

Although I guess henna would be the lesser evil if it's a duel between a Brazilian blowout and henna.

I'm basically getting the urge to henna my hair to make it more like 2a instead of 2c.

I used to use henna and it turned me into a 2a, which I hated. I can't for the life of me remember WHY I hated that, but I did. It also gave me a really not-flattering orange glow. If I could use henna without the color change I would be on it in a heartbeat.

Length
    18/Waist/Waist
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by jaine View Post
    I think I need someone to talk me out of henna. Please?!

Although I guess henna would be the lesser evil if it's a duel between a Brazilian blowout and henna.

I'm basically getting the urge to henna my hair to make it more like 2a instead of 2c.

I used to use henna and it turned me into a 2a, which I hated. I can't for the life of me remember WHY I hated that, but I did. It also gave me a really not-flattering orange glow. If I could use henna without the color change I would be on it in a heartbeat.
    Don't do it. It sounds like you'd regret it. I know you could use it with indigo, but if you hated the whole thing before, and the texture change, I'd say it's likely you'd hate it again.
    Renegray all the way!
    "So brave is the moon, confronting so great a darkness with so small a face" --Elizabeth Goudge

Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

How about trying cassia to see if that does what you want w/o the color issue????

I'm just not ready to be a Renegray yet!
    Avatar credit to the lovely milagro

Length
    pixie/bsl/waist
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Maybe I'll try cassia ...

Look how straight my hair is today! I got it blow-dried at a salon. I'm loving how straight it is.