Page 603 of 851 FirstFirst ... 103503553593601602603604605613653703 ... LastLast
Results 6,021 to 6,030 of 8501

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Length
    14.5/21/26BSL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Just had to share, though I don't have a picture of it. Since the colder, dryer weather arrived, my canopy has had a floaty quality. I've tried oiling, lots of conditioner, and so on, but it still doesn't look happy. But today, for some reason, it seems to be holding together in its curl pattern, and it is *very* curly, especially in the back. Here's what I did (and though I've done it before, I think I need to do it again!):

Added a little coconut oil to my canopy about an hour before my shower
    Brushed my scalp with a BBB
    Wet my hair in the shower
    Added conditioner (Yes to Cucumbers) to my length, but not the scalp
    Shampooed with natural shampoo (herbal infusion + Dr. Bronner's almond castile liquid)
    Rinsed
    Poured in water + ACV herbal infusion
    Rinsed a little
    Poured in a coloring tea rinse (cinnamon, sage, cloves, etc.)
    Applied a little of the same conditioner
    Scrunched out water with old T-shirt
    Barely touched it once it was right-side up except to add clips along my part
    Air dried

That's it! This is my usual routine, give or take a few steps. Very interesting!
    Curls and swirls, wavies and twirls,
    From bob length I’ll grow--look out below!
    ...if a woman has long hair, it is a glory to her... (1 Corin. 11:15a)

Type
    2a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by cmg View Post
    Lynnala: Great to hear that your niece is getting started with better hair care! I second GRUs advices and add: Avoid cutting it wet or moist. Curls have their own mind and never stay at one place. When you cut it dry, then it will have a better chance of looking as expected when dry. Scrunch it a couple of times and see if something falls out of place. Cutting curly hair is not easy, even for experienced hair dressers. I have had some luck with fayes method, but the last finish might have to be done by someone else, depending on the individual texture of course. Good luck
    I don't think there is anything I could do that would make the situation any worse! I'll trim her ends after she does an SMT, dry as you suggest. I've always trimmed my own hair when it's dry.

GRU:
    it just so happened that I was looking through your magnificent hair pics when my niece came over. I first showed her the one with your hair brushed, which is about what her hair looks like all the time! Her hair hits at her shoulders and it's a big poofy cloud like that. Then I showed her your hair when it's nice and tamed with those wonderful curls; she was very inspired and now realizes that she can have hair like that too! She's interested in trying henna too; her hair is dark brown so we'll get a matching henna for the conditioning and gloss. Unless she wants some burgundy in there which I think would look great.

Length
    47 cm/76 cm/WL
    Type
    2b/F/ii

I recently tried something that really makes a difference for my hair: after washing my hair (WO on the scalp and CO on the length), I plop with a silky scarf. My curls are more moisturized and last longer now, it's amazing! I wish I had a silky pillowcase too, I have read it's good for your hair too. It's actually what inspired me to try plopping with a silky scarf.
    I used to plop with a microfiber towel, but the result is far better now, even though my hair takes longer to dry completely, because silk is not very absorbent.

Have you ever tried this?

Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lynnala View Post
    GRU: it just so happened that I was looking through your magnificent hair pics when my niece came over. I first showed her the one with your hair brushed, which is about what her hair looks like all the time! Her hair hits at her shoulders and it's a big poofy cloud like that. Then I showed her your hair when it's nice and tamed with those wonderful curls; she was very inspired and now realizes that she can have hair like that too! She's interested in trying henna too; her hair is dark brown so we'll get a matching henna for the conditioning and gloss. Unless she wants some burgundy in there which I think would look great.
    Awwww, that's so sweet!!!!!

I hope you share her progress with us, esp. if you can get before/after pics along the way.... there are soooooo many curlies who just have NO clue what to do with their curls, because society has no clue what we should do with them and nobody teaches us along the way. She could be an inspiration for someone else down the road, with her before-and-after pics!

I'm just not ready to be a Renegray yet!
    Avatar credit to the lovely milagro

Type
    2a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by GRU View Post
    Awwww, that's so sweet!!!!!

I hope you share her progress with us, esp. if you can get before/after pics along the way.... there are soooooo many curlies who just have NO clue what to do with their curls, because society has no clue what we should do with them and nobody teaches us along the way. She could be an inspiration for someone else down the road, with her before-and-after pics!
    Yes, I told her last night that I wanted to get before-and-after pics. Then I promptly forgot to take a "before." I'll start taking pics as she works on getting her hair healthy. I told her that she's my new art project; I'm determined to get her hair as beautiful as yours!

Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

Yes, I told her last night that I wanted to get before-and-after pics. Then I promptly forgot to take a "before." I'll start taking pics as she works on getting her hair healthy. I told her that she's my new art project; I'm determined to get her hair as beautiful as yours!

Bwwaaahaahaahaaa..... that sounds TOTALLY like something I would do!

Did you show her my triangle head picture yet? Ah, the days of layers and bangs....

Type
    2a/F/i/ii

Bwwaaahaahaahaaa..... that sounds TOTALLY like something I would do!

Did you show her my triangle head picture yet? Ah, the days of layers and bangs....
    No! I hadn't seen that one. Can't wait to show her! Her hair is just slightly longer than that and it sticks out in the same way!

Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

No! I hadn't seen that one. Can't wait to show her! Her hair is just slightly longer than that and it sticks out in the same way!
    Hopefully she'll see that there IS hope for the future!!! She's so lucky to have an aunt who will go through all this trouble for her!

Type
    2a/F/i/ii

Hopefully she'll see that there IS hope for the future!!! She's so lucky to have an aunt who will go through all this trouble for her!
    I'm living vicariously through her curls.

Length
    HL/38TBL/CLSC?
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

bouclée, when I go curly, I plop nightly into a satin silky scarf. Preserves my curls beautifully for the next morning.