Page 6 of 851 FirstFirst ... 456781656106506 ... LastLast

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Account Closed by Member Request

Don't let the siggy pic fool ya! That's what my hair looks like after a blow out and flat iron! Wurly girl checking in!

Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii/iii

I'm a curly too. I have a new persona here---I was Bowie previously. Could not for the life of me recall my password...so new person, sorta.

Anyhoo--My favorite products are--presently--OJON restorative treatment: stinky but effective DT. DevaCurl One Conditioner daily or every other day use. DevaCurl No Poo: main source of cleansing. Bumble and Bumble Curl Creme for thick hair--good hold. DevaCurl Angell--may re-try this. Love the scent and I think the bumble is drying out my hair a wee bit. Kerastase Oleo-Curl is a good line for oil and moisture. Yes--it has cones. I am not anti-cone, sometimes I need them to give a little bit of control. I am thinking of growing to BSL since I am a few inches away at this point. Problem is, I like to put my hair up and when it is close to BSL it gives me a headache and neckache. Winter is murder on my hair. Drying, etc. Summer and Spring are heaven for it. I also like Curlkeeper for a bit of hold and control without weighing it down.

Length
    shldr/bsl/bsl
    Type
    2c/F/ii

A wurly checking in! I am so grateful for the tips I've learned here to enhance my waves, in a hair-healthy way! No sulfates, no cones, no blowdyring, lots of conditioner and moisture, oils, and a bit of aloe as leave-in have worked well for me. I look at the difference in my siggy pictures (below) and I am so pleased to see that my hair looks wavier than a year ago!
    Cut back from waist to BSL--I like here and I think I'll stay awhile 2c/f/ii

hairstuff gallery Stacy's nature photography

Length
    <2"/SL/more!
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

I don't know how I missed this thread - hi, everyone!

I love your tip, Xandergrammy! It is one rule I actually am good at following!

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by rhubarbarin View Post
    This year I am actually looking forward to summer. In the past, with my heavily coned hair, it was the worst time of year. My hair would expand into enormous, dry frizz-tubes at the slightest hint of humidity. However in the last couple months I've developed the opposite problem.. my hair gets greasy and weighed down very easily. Like Starr I'm finding it weird to not have 'big hair' anymore. I always hated it in the past, but now I am at a loss when it comes to creating volume since I've never had to do it before! The key for me though is just that I need less and less product as time goes on, and I've stopped using oils except for DTs.
    You sound exactly like me!!!!! I was thinking this this morning as I woke up. I remember for so long having to "mash down" my hair to no avail really and I just could not weigh it down enough! I got my glycerin at Earth Fare which is a lot like Whole Foods I think. I add a couple of drops to my mister and am sort of undecided whether it does anything or not at present! In fact, the mister hasn't had much use this winter because it seems to make my hair tangly and frizzy I also am doing amazingly better since I have been totally cone-free. I used to use them occasionally and then finally made a total break and I will never go back. (that is unless I change my mind ha ha)

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil

Type
    3a/M/iii

Howdy, y'all! Please don't hate me - I miss winter. Haven't seen winter in five years. On hot days here, I'd like nothing more than to make snow angels nekkid.

I'm a new curly. Was a 1a/b until my early to mid twenties, when I suddenly started going wavy until I hit 2b. Then, about six-ish months ago, I found LHC and did a baking soda clarifying wash followed by a vinegar rinse, and suddenly discovered I was firmly in 3a territory. And I don't know what to do with it. For all I know, since I stopped using boxed hair colour and started using henna, it might go curlier. I'm in completely uncharted territory here.
    3a/M/iii
    Founding Member of Hair Idiots Club™ and proud sponsor of the Turd Bun
    Goobering one hairstyle at a time...

Curls & Kinks Galore! nappywomyn's Avatar
    Length
    bald/17/38
    Type
    4b/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Mahars View Post
    It's so cool to see other curlies and wurlies like me. Just out of curiosity, I'd like to know what your number 1 best curly hair tip is. What's the one thing you can't live without?
    Moisture, Moisture, Moisture!!! The more moisturized my hair is, the happier it is.

Also, I think going cone-free helped, just LOADS.

{~*~} Nappydelphia (updated!) {~*~} Official Bibliodragon {*}

Length
    22/22/40
    Type
    2b/2c/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by rhubarbarin View Post
    Since the new board has been up I've been hearing a lot about glycerin, and I am interested in trying it. Where can you get it? Whole Foods? That's where I get my conditioners, oils and aloe gel.
    I'm curious about glycerin too. I saw a glycerine and rosewater spray at the natural foods store near my house. I'm thinking of trying it but I'm not sure about whether rosewater is good for hair. Anybody know?

Capaciously Curly redcelticcurls's Avatar
    Length
    Some/Happy/N/A
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/iii

I don't think that rosewater would hurt unless you're allergic. I always thought of it as just being there for the scent.

Glycerin is a humectant, and help reduce frizziness in curlies, especially in the summer. Some curlies can't use it in the winter though as it seems to have an opposite affect on them.
    Coarse, porous curly. User of conventional dye and conventional products.
    Lady Coventina of the Sacred Spring in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Curls & Kinks Galore! nappywomyn's Avatar
    Length
    bald/17/38
    Type
    4b/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by redcelticcurls View Post
    I don't think that rosewater would hurt unless you're allergic. I always thought of it as just being there for the scent.

Glycerin is a humectant, and help reduce frizziness in curlies, especially in the summer. Some curlies can't use it in the winter though as it seems to have an opposite affect on them.
    I've heard of rosewater being good for the skin, but I haven't figured out quite HOW, as it's jsut good smelling water, right?

And I have to shift my proportions of glycerin in the winter - I usually have to use a lot less. I'm switching to a new humectant - honeyquat - which is supposed to be 'stronger' than glycerin - it's interesting, as it takes a day or so to 'show up' in my hair, but once it does, my hair stays crazy soft.

{~*~} Nappydelphia (updated!) {~*~} Official Bibliodragon {*}