Results 5,811 to 5,820 of 8501

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Length
    24???/38?/37
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii/iii

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jaine View Post
    So I have a question for all of you ... would you type this hair as 2c? http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Sm0ZkRMd5I...lor-Swift4.jpg

It's not me of course but it's almost exactly the same texture as my hair. I'm just trying to figure out if my hairtyping skills are off base. Every time there's a hair typing thread it seems like I disagree with the results. For example everyone else says 2b and I say 2a. Or everyone else says 2a but I say 1c.
    I'd call it 3a because it has so much volume at the roots and ringlets on the sides and ends. I call mine 2b/2c and it lays much flatter on top.

Lover of Rainbows & Curls Quixii's Avatar
    Length
    0?/knee+/knee
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii/iii

So I have a question for all of you ... would you type this hair as 2c? http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Sm0ZkRMd5I...lor-Swift4.jpg

It's not me of course but it's almost exactly the same texture as my hair. I'm just trying to figure out if my hairtyping skills are off base. Every time there's a hair typing thread it seems like I disagree with the results. For example everyone else says 2b and I say 2a. Or everyone else says 2a but I say 1c.
    Looks to me like a brushed out 3a-ish. So appearing somewhat as a 2c, but I don't believe that's what it would look like naturally (which is what hair-typing is supposed to classify).
    Knee+ length! Lady Gelôs, Keeper of the Silken Aulaeum in the Order of the Long Haired Knights <3

Length
    25 in/33 in/4ever
    Type
    2c/3a/M/i/ii

I'm no good at hair typing. I'm not even sure I got my own right! (Pic on page 580 if anyone wants to weigh in, I'd appreciate it!)

Length
    13"/39½"/47"
    Type
    3c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ElusiveMuse View Post
    I went to pull the front back last night and the sections by my face instantly turned to poufy waves. Would a spritz of water get them back to how they were before?
    Salt water spray will. Or with glycerine or Aloe Vera in it. You would have to experiment!

Quote Originally Posted by kitschy View Post
    Picture of Nicole Kidman 1 vs 3
    http://www.kahsoon.com/images/nicole-kidman.jpg
    Oh boy! I have never seen this much curls on her. Her naturals could very well be close to 3b.

Type
    2c/M/ii

Hello. I am trying to find hair styles that work with my natural curls and not against them. Does anyone have any ideas that might help me.

Length
    HL/38TBL/CLSC?
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by MrsGuther View Post
    Since I have been treating my hair better in the last year I have definitely noticed my natural wurls/curls/waves are looking really good. I stopped flat ironing on a weekly basis about a year and a half ago. I detest the things that a flat iron does to the condition of my hair. I now love my curls!
    I'm happy for you! You have lovely wurls!

Length
    HL/38TBL/CLSC?
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Quixii View Post
    Looks to me like a brushed out 3a-ish. So appearing somewhat as a 2c, but I don't believe that's what it would look like naturally (which is what hair-typing is supposed to classify).
    That's what I was thinking. It looks somwhat brushed. But with more definition it would probably be a 3a. Hard to tell for sure as it is, though. I agree with whoever said that the amount of volume she has as the roots is an indicator. I could be wrong, but I feel like 2s don't usually start curling right at the roots like that.

Length
    pixie/bsl/waist
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by C.H. View Post
    That's what I was thinking. It looks somwhat brushed. But with more definition it would probably be a 3a. Hard to tell for sure as it is, though. I agree with whoever said that the amount of volume she has as the roots is an indicator. I could be wrong, but I feel like 2s don't usually start curling right at the roots like that.
    If I scrunch or plop my hair then my curls start at the root...does that mean I'm not a 2?
    I guess one of these days I should do a proper hair typing picture, but the thought of shampooing my hair without any conditioner makes me shudder

Length
    18/18/40
    Type
    3b/M/ii

This girl has the best hair I have ever seen, and she does everything curlies "aren't supposed to do." So jealous!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwAZudH3XA8
    Every day is Thursday.

Length
    HL/38TBL/CLSC?
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

If I scrunch or plop my hair then my curls start at the root...does that mean I'm not a 2?
    I guess one of these days I should do a proper hair typing picture, but the thought of shampooing my hair without any conditioner makes me shudder
    Who am I to say? But it sounds like you're saying it doesn't do that naturally, but only with manipulation. I think most 3s don't have to coax their hair into doing that. Just my thoughts. .