Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Length
    Pixie/BCL/?!
    Type
    3b/3c/M/C/ii

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MandyBeth View Post
    Bout like that, yes. But she's a kid, it's cute, it's fast and it's out of her face. Her ends, being freshly cut, no longer vote to braid, so she winds up with a good 6-7 inches of insanely curly tassel. I'd vote to protect the ends better, but they don't stay, then she gets cranky and takes it all down, then manages a messy looped ponytail mess to detangle for three hours... Her hair grows an inch a month and if it's not dried to a crisp, then tormented, it doesn't damage too easily. So her ends just make her look like a Fraggle Rock character.
    (pssssst.

CurlyCap was secretly envious of the Fraggles as a small child. Their hair was like mine sorta and came in colors.)
    Grew out the pixie.
    Acquired a mane.
    Cruising toward Classic.

**For my routine, please see my blog posts.**

Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by MandyBeth View Post
    Bout like that, yes. But she's a kid, it's cute...... ....... So her ends just make her look like a Fraggle Rock character.
    Of this I have NO doubt! What's not to love about it?

I'm just not ready to be a Renegray yet!
    Avatar credit to the lovely milagro

Length
    Pixie/BCL/?!
    Type
    3b/3c/M/C/ii

LOL.

I typed up a detailed version of my hair routine (900 words) since people have been asking about it, and found that the LHC "About Me" page won't accept all of it (probably too long).

Is there another way to post this type of information on LHC without starting a thread? Maybe as a blog post?

Just looking for recommendations.....
    Grew out the pixie.
    Acquired a mane.
    Cruising toward Classic.

**For my routine, please see my blog posts.**

Length
    16 in/22/Waist
    Type
    2c/3a/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyCap View Post
    LOL.

I typed up a detailed version of my hair routine (900 words) since people have been asking about it, and found that the LHC "About Me" page won't accept all of it (probably too long).

Is there another way to post this type of information on LHC without starting a thread? Maybe as a blog post?

Just looking for recommendations.....
    I would definitely do it as a blog post...in fact I went looking to see if you had done that :P
    Starting over as a curly girl! 1/30/13 10/16/14

Length
    19"/19"/26"
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii/iii

Hello just thought I would pop my head in as I haven't been around lately. since i was last on here, I got into uni and I am studying nursing. not only this but I am also a bit more content with my hair. I now only shampoo my scalp and condition my ends then use leave in conditioner as well (although I do still straighten my hair every so often). The top of my hair still drives me mad as it still gets really frizzy but I suppose I will just have to deal with it lol.

Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Congrats Tealpuffin! Good luck with your studies~

Our routines are similar. I had to drop CO-washing because it was the cause of major shedding. So I'm back to shampoo and do diluted scalp only washing and my hair seems pretty happy. And its really nice losing only 10% of the hair I was before!

I have been experimenting with the Ice Queen's method from NC.com (a member here linked to it) Here's the thread: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlta...en-method.html

It seems to be working well so far, my length feels as soft and moisturized as it did while I was co-washing.

Type
    2c/3a/F/M/i

Ladies, I have recommended this thread to Sadia who posted this thread - I think the lady may be in need of curly support!

Type
    2a/M/ii

I'm thought I asked the curly and wurly experts for advise ;-)
    I've been trying to get the 'movement' I have in my hair to be a bit more pronounced. And to be honest while my hair is still wet it looks like it is going to form short s-waves and maybe even a spiral. Unfortunately once it is dry no more spirals and prolonged vague s-waves. I don't like the feel off products in my hair so I do scrunch but without anything or with coconut oil, I plop but that doesn't seem to change anything. When it is air drying I do not touch it at all .... but no luck ! It is really crazy because when wet you can see the waves starting on my scalp in rather nice clumps and dry you can only see some movement in the bottom part of my hair. It is driving me crazy !
    Perhaps my hair isn't really that wavy and I should just give up, but I wanted to hear some expert voices first ;-)

Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

Sorry for the crappy phone picture, but I LOLed at my hair today, and I figured only you folks would understand.

Look, my hair made a DNA strand double-helix!

When I went into the bathroom, this little fella was draped down my front, hollering, "Look at me! Look what I did all by myself!"

I'm just not ready to be a Renegray yet!
    Avatar credit to the lovely milagro

Type
    3a/M/C/ii

Gru that is an awesome helix. I've been wondering if you have any new length shots. Your signature picture is at least a year or two old. Or are you maintaining your length at waist? Anyway, I'd love to see a recent picture if you have one.
    I should have never cut my hair! Growing again.
    http://images43.fotki.com/v1329/photos/0/1803120/9931107/4512comp-vi.jpg