Page 555 of 851 FirstFirst ... 55455505545553554555556557565605655 ... LastLast
Results 5,541 to 5,550 of 8501

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Length
    pixie/bsl/waist
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Rose J that's a very lovely haircut!!! It is subtle but I can definitely tell the difference - the shape is more oval and flattering in the 2nd picture. Pretty!! I'm a big fan of oval-shaped hait that hits in the BSL-to-waist vicinity...you're pretty much right at my goal length and style

Length
    24in/32in/31in
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Rose J,
    absolutely gorgeous cut! I also have curl envy
    DarkSky
    Hair Type: 2c/3a F/M ii with layers, modified CG, enjoy occasional heat styling
    Length: July13, 2011 -> 24in (BSL), Goal length passed - 32in (Hip) April 2013

Gregorian Enchantress Theobroma's Avatar
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

So today I did a pre-wash treatment. Put a whole egg and a tablespoon of EVOO in the blender, mixed it all up nicely, and gooped it on dry hair. Wrapped my head in cling wrap and let it sit for half an hour, then did my normal CO wash routine (plus leave-in of AVG and coconut oil).

I was hoping that the protein would help my very ends to curl a bit better. I can't honestly say it's achieved a whole lot in that department, but I have nice curls overall...and absolutely insane amounts of shine.

No idea whether that's the egg or the EVOO, but I think this caper will bear repeating!

Length
    1/34.6"/41
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I'm so glad I found this thread because I need help!

I used to be a solid 1c albeit a little on the frizzy side. Since growing my hair out I've upgraded to a 2b/2c (from looking at how it is when it was wet or damp) but I never wear my hair down and usually damp bun it with some oil in it so I never really got used to the new texture.

This week I decided to switch from oil shampoo to CO washes because I wanted to experiment more with hair butters and other treatments that don't really go to well with oil shampoo due to build-up. While I was CO washing I figured, why not scrunch in some gel, skip the brushing and let it airdry (like in the curly girl method) and see what happens. WHOAH! I suddenly have a new life form on my head and it won't take directions! I'm serious. It's huge! It's everywhere!

I think, from reading the hair typing descriptions and looking at other people's pictures that I'm a 3a or maybe even a 3b and it happened overnight. Or it feels to me like it happened overnight. And to top it off it's happening while my hair is longer than it's ever been and I'm still getting used to how I have to handle that kind of length.

Don't get me wrong, I love my new curls! I always wanted curls and I want to keep them but it's so sudden and there is so much of it that I'm a bit lost.

How do I sleep with that... non-detachable murderous pillow on my head without killing the curls or the curls killing me? Do I wear it down now or can I put it up and if so, is there anything I have to do differently? Do any of you use the curly girl method and can you tell me if my new curls will get curlier or if it will calm down a bit after a while?

I'm freaking out a bit. How is it possible that this was going on on my head and I didn't even notice??

If it matters any, my hair is virgin, fine, medium to high porosity, normal elasticity in the iii range and a little past APL. It likes protein and a lot of moisture. Please help me?
    Last edited by MinderMutsig; September 2nd, 2011 at 07:03 PM.
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 CL 15 16 17 18 SL 20 21 22 23 APL 25 26 27 BSL 28 29 30 31 32 WL 34 35 36 HL 38 39 40 TB

Length
    24???/38?/37
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by MinderMutsig View Post

I used to be a solid 1c albeit a little on the frizzy side. Since growing my hair out I've upgraded to a 2b/2c (from looking at how it is when it was wet or damp) but I never wear my hair down and usually damp bun it with some oil in it so I never really got used to the new texture.

This week I decided to switch from oil shampoo to CO washes because I wanted to experiment more with hair butters and other treatments that don't really go to well with oil shampoo due to build-up. While I was CO washing I figured, why not scrunch in some gel, skip the brushing and let it airdry (like in the curly girl method) and see what happens. WHOAH! I suddenly have a new life form on my head and it won't take directions! I'm serious. It's huge! It's everywhere!

I think, from reading the hair typing descriptions and looking at other people's pictures that I'm a 3a or maybe even a 3b and it happened overnight. Or it feels to me like it happened overnight. And to top it off it's happening while my hair is longer than it's ever been and I'm still getting used to how I have to handle that kind of length.

Don't get me wrong, I love my new curls! I always wanted curls and I want to keep them but it's so sudden and there is so much of it that I'm a bit lost.

How do I sleep with that... non-detachable murderous pillow on my head without killing the curls or the curls killing me? Do I wear it down now or can I put it up and if so, is there anything I have to do differently? Do any of you use the curly girl method and can you tell me if my new curls will get curlier or if it will calm down a bit after a while?

I'm freaking out a bit. How is it possible that this was going on on my head and I didn't even notice??

If it matters any, my hair is virgin, fine, medium to high porosity, normal elasticity in the iii range and a little past APL. It likes protein and a lot of moisture. Please help me?
    You can plop it or sleep in a slumber cap. (Google plop or plopping if you don't know how.) I usually do my wash routine, rub aloe on scalp and length, semi-dry in a microfiber towel, then pile it into a slumber cap. It helps hold the wave/curl pattern and keep it from tangling and frizzing while you sleep. You wake up to beautiful hair! And your morning is oh, so much less stressful.

Mindermustig, I am not wise enough in the ways of hair to give you advice... But I am curious about your new curls! Can you post some pics please?

Length
    1/34.6"/41
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Kelikea View Post
    You can plop it or sleep in a slumber cap. (Google plop or plopping if you don't know how.) I usually do my wash routine, rub aloe on scalp and length, semi-dry in a microfiber towel, then pile it into a slumber cap. It helps hold the wave/curl pattern and keep it from tangling and frizzing while you sleep. You wake up to beautiful hair! And your morning is oh, so much less stressful.
    I read about plopping and how it helps define curls but won't that make the monster even bigger? It would be great if I could sleep in something like that though. I'll give that a try next washday. Thanks!

Microfiber towels make my hair frizzy because they take out too much moisture too fast. A T-shirt works better for me.

Quote Originally Posted by emelnd View Post
    Mindermustig, I am not wise enough in the ways of hair to give you advice... But I am curious about your new curls! Can you post some pics please?
    I'll try to get some but I have to figure out a way to keep my face off the pics.
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 CL 15 16 17 18 SL 20 21 22 23 APL 25 26 27 BSL 28 29 30 31 32 WL 34 35 36 HL 38 39 40 TB

Type
    2c/3a/M/i

Quote Originally Posted by MinderMutsig View Post

Two points:

1. LMAO

2. Pics, please?

Capaciously Curly redcelticcurls's Avatar
    Length
    Some/Happy/N/A
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by emelnd View Post
    Yes, I think that pics would be helpful as well since your descriptions are all over the place. A typing pic (air dryed, no product, etc) and a pic of a usual down day style would be really helpful.
    People can mis-estimate what a 3 is, so I need pics.

As for sleeping, I use a satin sleep hat, either my cheap one from Sally's or my fancy Satinsak. It keeps my hair contained, and the curls stay intact. I get multi day hair pretty effortlessly. I run through to third or fourth day hair this time of year before rewetting.
    Coarse, porous curly. User of conventional dye and conventional products.
    Lady Coventina of the Sacred Spring in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

Also experiment with adding conditioner back in after you're done washing. Leaving conditioner in my hair encourages the curl while offering a bit of weight (esp. if I add a few drops of oil to it).

I'm just not ready to be a Renegray yet!
    Avatar credit to the lovely milagro