Page 551 of 851 FirstFirst ... 51451501541549550551552553561601651 ... LastLast
Results 5,501 to 5,510 of 8501

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

I do feel guilty for wearing my hair wavy or up sometimes too. I only started wearing it up after it got too hot though.

Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

It's YOUR hair, wear it how it pleases YOU -- you don't owe your curls their freedom... they're living rent-free on your head, they need to bow to your wishes!

I'm just not ready to be a Renegray yet!
    Avatar credit to the lovely milagro

Length
    22APL/28WSL/Class
    Type
    3b/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by GRU View Post
    It's YOUR hair, wear it how it pleases YOU -- you don't owe your curls their freedom... they're living rent-free on your head, they need to bow to your wishes!
    *lol* "Do my bidding, curls, or it's the big snip for you!" (Where's that whip smilie? *lol*)

I wear my hair up when it's uncomfortable down-- usually through the summer, I hate feeling all hot and blechy with my hair on the back of my neck. It's been pretty decent here, weather-wise, so I'm wearing it down more often. That said, my hair isn't all that long (yet!) and I'm madly in love with my curls so I'm happy to show them off given the slightest provocation.
    I'm hoping to grow out my baby-fine curlies. Currently at waist from APL! Yay progress!

Length
    Shldr/MBL/Waist
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by celebriangel View Post
    Does anyone else on the 2c/3a end of things do this?
    All the time. My hair, air dried with even minimal manipulation, gives me loose spirals. My hair, dried with combing/brushing or being put up, gives me looser waves that I can still coax back to curls. More often than not, I comb/brush/put up my hair rather than doing the whole plopping or drip drying thing.

And yep. I absolutely feel guilty about it.

This is my hair without handling and airdrying (that shine is mostly the new dye job]

This is my hair with lots of combing as it dried to damp (taken today), still not completely dry.

I feel guilty for 'taming' it, but honestly? It's getting curlier as I treat my hair better, still spoinging up from the picture I took two minutes ago and 1-) I don't know what to do with the curls besides leave them and b-) Up is easier, especially in this weather.

Who knows.
    Last edited by BeckyAH; August 27th, 2011 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Pictures.
    We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give. --Winston Churchil

Quote Originally Posted by GRU View Post
    Lol, so true!

made of sugar and cyanide MandyBeth's Avatar
    Length
    6"?/17"/.....
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

I'm on the 1c/2a side. If I plop and bribe the waves, they can be well mannered 2c curls. However, doing nothing gives me frizz and a mess. I brush wet with my TT, and weight it down and I can fake 1a hair. Too short to bother doing anything else now.

Length
    HL/38TBL/CLSC?
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling guilty about containing or stretching away my curls. I went full on curly about a month ago. It's been a very good experience, but I really need a break from it now. I feel that when I do a full CG routine designed to give me good curl definition, that I kind of have to wear it down most of the time. Because what would be the point of going through this prolonged multi-step process of curl enhancement, if I'm just going to braid it or throw it up in a bun? Not to mention that the curls don't make the best braids or buns anyway, and I have to wear my hair very well contained for work, so that's a bit of a struggle--on one hand I want/need my hair firmly secured for work, but on the other hand I don't want to stretch of flatten my curls.

This is the most I've ever worn it down and I find it a little stressful having to be extra careful about/with it, as long as it is. And I am concerned about the damage that might come of wearing it down on a regular basis.

However! With all this talk of embracing your curls, which I fully believe in, I feel guilty now about straightening it all--even if that's simply from stretching it into a braid or a bun after a shower. Plus there's the notion that the more you let the curls do their thing without attempting to alter their natural texture, the better they will look, so I feel like I might be preventing them from reaching their full potential be stretching them out on a regular basis. I'm also a little afraid that if I stop this curly experiment/venture and start braiding and bunning it again, I will just get back into the old habit of never letting the curls go free. Sigh.

Length
    21/26.5/29
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by emelnd View Post
    I do feel guilty for wearing my hair wavy or up sometimes too. I only started wearing it up after it got too hot though.
    Haha I know what you mean. I'll never wear it up if I go through the "curly process" of air-drying and such. Some days I just braid it or let it dry however the heck it wants, though, and those are my up days!

embracing my curls at shoulder - apl - bsl!
    fashion blog

Length
    BSL/35"/TBL?
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii

I've got a curly hair haircut question...hopefully it's ok to ask it in this thread.
    I went and talked to someone who worked at a salon. She looked at my hair, I told her what I wanted and asked for her opinion on the best way to cut it. I told her I want to keep most of my length, but I want long layers. (I've had it one length my whole life.)
    My question: I've heard 45 degree layers are best for curly hair, and 90 degree layers have potential to be a disaster.. She suggested 90 degree layers, saying those tend to give less volume as opposed to 45 degree which increase it. What do you think?
    Last edited by Rose J.; August 27th, 2011 at 05:29 PM.

Length
    18/Waist/Waist
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by C.H. View Post
    I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling guilty about containing or stretching away my curls. I went full on curly about a month ago. It's been a very good experience, but I really need a break from it now. I feel that when I do a full CG routine designed to give me good curl definition, that I kind of have to wear it down most of the time. Because what would be the point of going through this prolonged multi-step process of curl enhancement, if I'm just going to braid it or throw it up in a bun? Not to mention that the curls don't make the best braids or buns anyway, and I have to wear my hair very well contained for work, so that's a bit of a struggle--on one hand I want/need my hair firmly secured for work, but on the other hand I don't want to stretch of flatten my curls.

This is the most I've ever worn it down and I find it a little stressful having to be extra careful about/with it, as long as it is. And I am concerned about the damage that might come of wearing it down on a regular basis.

However! With all this talk of embracing your curls, which I fully believe in, I feel guilty now about straightening it all--even if that's simply from stretching it into a braid or a bun after a shower. Plus there's the notion that the more you let the curls do their thing without attempting to alter their natural texture, the better they will look, so I feel like I might be preventing them from reaching their full potential be stretching them out on a regular basis. I'm also a little afraid that if I stop this curly experiment/venture and start braiding and bunning it again, I will just get back into the old habit of never letting the curls go free. Sigh.
    Even though I'm a wavy, this could've been written by me!

And BeckyAH those curls and wurls are beautiful whichever way you do it!
    Renegray all the way!
    "So brave is the moon, confronting so great a darkness with so small a face" --Elizabeth Goudge