Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Capaciously Curly redcelticcurls's Avatar
    Length
    Some/Happy/N/A
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/iii

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Quote Originally Posted by C.H. View Post
    I like it, redcelticcurls. How did you achieve that color?
    Thanks. It's a combo of two Dikson colors. It's conventional dye, with conventional fade as seen in the baseball pic, lol. I get it done at a salon. I'm lazy and not good with dye application!
    Coarse, porous curly. User of conventional dye and conventional products.
    Lady Coventina of the Sacred Spring in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Unexpected Combination PinkyCat's Avatar
    Under the bed, waiting for dangling ankles...
    Length
    Black/Numbr/One
    Type
    3a/3b/F/ii

I hardly ever get a triangle head - I think maybe it has to do with the U shape at the hemline. A straight accross hemline contributes to triangle head I think.

Lady Roseus
    of the
    Cherry Blossom Hallow in the Order of the Long Haired Knights. >x<)))> veni vidi crepi.

Length
    22APL/28WSL/Class
    Type
    3b/F/i

I think about dyeing my hair a fair bit, but I'm lazy and poor. *lol* That said, if I can get some nice length going on I'll probably look for something I can do which won't damage my hair too much. I found a thread on honey lightening here while I was searching for something else and that looks really neat, I'll probably try that at some point with a variety of honey that I'd never eat.

I'm still in search of a high-protein conditioner. The options seem to be either a) very expensive or b) use eggs/mayo (which I can't do every day, because I've got a kid with a serious egg allergy and there's always some drippage during the waiting period). :/ Meh, meh I say!
    I'm hoping to grow out my baby-fine curlies. Currently at waist from APL! Yay progress!

Length
    15/28/MB/35/HL
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii/iii

RainbowHawk, do you live in the uk? Boots stock a line called naked that are usually cone/sulphate free etc, and i think some of their treatments and conditioners have high protein, but i have yet to experiment with all of them! I find them very cheap, which is a nice change from most natural/organic or whatever brands that you find. Sorry if you're not a uker an i've been no use!

Length
    22APL/28WSL/Class
    Type
    3b/F/i

Hello Hermione! Unfortunately I'm in the States. It happens. *heh*

This morning I did another Hask treatment and for the first time noticed a borderline 'crunchy' effect. My hair didn't get actually crunchy, nor did my curls pull out or react super-negatively, but when I combed through to detangle I heard two or three snaps, like very tiny bubble wrap being popped. I slowed down (to prevent any more!) but I noticed that after I put my hair back and it dried, my little fly-aways were were more prickly-looking than usual. Typically they look like soft little curly floofs, but this is more of a poking-out effect. I'm thinking this probably means it's time to start adding moisture again, so I may try a cone-free conditioner the next time I shower just for balance. (Unless someone tells me this is a TERRIBLE idea. . .)

I've been watching tutorials on YouTube with beautiful up-dos, but I have found very little in the curly-hair arena which a) I haven't already done; b) is suited to my hair [they all seem to have much ::more:: hair than I, even at similar lengths]; and c) is appropriate for a grownup. I also thought that I should probably do a few tutorials myself, because I saw some and thought, "But the way I do it is easier and results in a prettier effect. . ." so now I'm wishing for a video camera, among other things. *lol* I'd also like to try some variations on straight-haired friends of the styles I've seen which are more suited to longer, straighter hair and/or people who don't necessarily want their hair to look curly.

I'm actually in the middle of taking my camera apart in an effort to figure out what's wrong with it and repair it. I really want to get a good picture (or three) of the back of my head so that I can start paying attention to growth & shape.
    I'm hoping to grow out my baby-fine curlies. Currently at waist from APL! Yay progress!

Lover of Rainbows & Curls Quixii's Avatar
    Length
    0?/knee+/knee
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii/iii

So the other day I tried scrunching with grape seed oil. I haven't yet tried oil, so I thought it might be a nice experiment. Thoughts? (Should I make a whole thread about this or just limit it to this thread?)

Flash / Not Flash
    Knee+ length! Lady Gelôs, Keeper of the Silken Aulaeum in the Order of the Long Haired Knights <3

Capaciously Curly redcelticcurls's Avatar
    Length
    Some/Happy/N/A
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/iii

For that length, that's actually a lot of curl.
    Coarse, porous curly. User of conventional dye and conventional products.
    Lady Coventina of the Sacred Spring in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    15/28/MB/35/HL
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii/iii

Wow Quixii, it looks great! I don't know how, but the flash looks really super shiny, and the non flash has amazing curl definition, i don't know which one is truer to life but it doesn't matter, they're both awesome!

Length
    3/26/45
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Very pretty Quixii. I like to put a couple of drops of oil mixed with (small amount) leave-in condish. It seems to leave me with the same amount of definition and curl as using other products. I just have to swipe it with aloe gel in high humidity, or if I know that I'm going to be getting a lot of wind in my face.
    Grow, grow grow........

Length
    22APL/28WSL/Class
    Type
    3b/F/i

I love your hair, Quixii.