Page 533 of 851 FirstFirst ... 33433483523531532533534535543583633 ... LastLast
Results 5,321 to 5,330 of 8501

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Belisarius View Post
    Eh, that means you have thick hair. That is something to be jealous of.
    We always want whatever we don't have, eh? *sigh*

Sure wish we could swap hair types on the swap board like we do hair toys... wouldn't it be cool to have my hair for a week and then be able to give it back when you realized what a PITA it is???

I'm just not ready to be a Renegray yet!
    Avatar credit to the lovely milagro

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    15/26/49
    Type
    3a/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by GRU View Post
    We always want whatever we don't have, eh? *sigh*

Sure wish we could swap hair types on the swap board like we do hair toys... wouldn't it be cool to have my hair for a week and then be able to give it back when you realized what a PITA it is???
    Yeah, I would go for that. But alas, we must make do with what God has given us.

Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

Yeah, I would go for that. But alas, we must make do with what God has given us.
    Fortunately I've finally learned how to properly feed and care for my Type 3 hair so the hatred has been significantly diminished!

Length
    pixie/bsl/waist
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

I'm gathering that I might need some protein too. My hair has been very stretchy when wet and fuzzy when it's dry.

Does anyone know of a protein conditioner in the realm of obsessively natural brands? I have horribly sensitive skin and I look for products that don't have a "fragrance" ingredient (although essential oils are ok for me). And no parabens. I have more restrictions for my skin...but brands that follow those two requirements are usually ok.

The only one I can think of off the top of my head is Aubrey Organics GBP conditioner...is that any good?

Length
    22APL/28WSL/Class
    Type
    3b/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by GRU View Post
    TOTALLY jealous... I got out of the shower FOUR HOURS ago, and my scalp is still damp -- and that's after wrapping in a Turbie Towel and then a t-shirt and then another t-shirt! If I just hand-squeezed out the moisture without any type of towel to soak up more moisture, it would probably still be dripping ten hours later!
    Wow! I'm impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by redcelticcurls View Post
    If your hair dries that quickly, you may also run a bit on the porous side. Protein can help with that too. My ends are dry in 20 minutes or less, so I have to get my hair 'done' right out if the shower. My routine gives me a four hour drying time, counting my roots, which is what I want to help prevent frizz from drying too quickly.

Using protein based conditioners sounds good for now since you say that your hair has been stretchy for a long time. You'll know that you've gone too far if your hair feels like brittle straw. If you get a straw like feeling on the initial application of a protein, especially if it's right after you put it on your hair, take not of what us in it since that can indicate an intolerance for that specific protein type.
    You know, I never thought that was particularly fast before this thread. 20 minutes is an outside estimate based on my most recent experiences. . . and it has been *pouring* down rain for the past few days here. My hair probably dries even more quickly when the air is less humid. *heh* Apparently my hair has been protein starved for years, now I'm wondering how I even got to shoulder length let alone beyond. *lol*

Eh, that means you have thick hair. That is something to be jealous of.
    ^This!

Quote Originally Posted by jaine View Post
    I'm gathering that I might need some protein too. My hair has been very stretchy when wet and fuzzy when it's dry.

Does anyone know of a protein conditioner in the realm of obsessively natural brands? I have horribly sensitive skin and I look for products that don't have a "fragrance" ingredient (although essential oils are ok for me). And no parabens. I have more restrictions for my skin...but brands that follow those two requirements are usually ok.

The only one I can think of off the top of my head is Aubrey Organics GBP conditioner...is that any good?
    ^This too, except that I'm more concerned about sunflower seed oil and aloe (I'm allergic to both). I wonder if there is a list of protein-based conditioners somewhere on this site. . . Hm. Methinks more searching is in order.
    I'm hoping to grow out my baby-fine curlies. Currently at waist from APL! Yay progress!

TrudieCat

Omg, I just saw this post, GRU, and I can't believe you actually did all the work to root out all of these spin pin threads!

I always gotta smile when I notice another new thread about spin pins... & how great they are... & has anyone seen these new things that Goody makes??... & wow, I just bought these new things today and they are so cool!... & where can I get these wondrous pins??... etc. etc.

Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by TrudieCat View Post
    Omg, I just saw this post, GRU, and I can't believe you actually did all the work to root out all of these spin pin threads!
    Well, it wasn't all that hard... I made the Search Function do the hard work for me. I'm lazy like that!

Lover of Rainbows & Curls Quixii's Avatar
    Length
    0?/knee+/knee
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii/iii

Does anyone with longer curls have any hints on how to get curls through the whole length?
    I have a problem in that from roots to approximately BSL or waist, depending on the day, I get waves and maybe a lazy s-curl. Then from waist-ish down, and definitely at the ends, I'll start getting spirals and such. This happens whether I plop, scrunch, or naturally air dry. Is this just something I can't avoid with longer hair?
    Knee+ length! Lady Gelôs, Keeper of the Silken Aulaeum in the Order of the Long Haired Knights <3

Capaciously Curly redcelticcurls's Avatar
    Length
    Some/Happy/N/A
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Quixii View Post
    Does anyone with longer curls have any hints on how to get curls through the whole length?
    I have a problem in that from roots to approximately BSL or waist, depending on the day, I get waves and maybe a lazy s-curl. Then from waist-ish down, and definitely at the ends, I'll start getting spirals and such. This happens whether I plop, scrunch, or naturally air dry. Is this just something I can't avoid with longer hair?
    That's just the nature of things. At some point, the length will pull out the roots. Everyone's point is different though.
    Coarse, porous curly. User of conventional dye and conventional products.
    Lady Coventina of the Sacred Spring in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Type
    3a/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Quixii View Post

Drying your hair while hanging your head upside down might help - but if you're like me it takes about two or three hours to get dry to the damp stage and by that time you would probably be unconscious. Your hair is beautiful - I don't really have a good suggestion.
    I should have never cut my hair! Growing again.
    http://images43.fotki.com/v1329/photos/0/1803120/9931107/4512comp-vi.jpg