Page 525 of 851 FirstFirst ... 25425475515523524525526527535575625 ... LastLast
Results 5,241 to 5,250 of 8501

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Silvermoon, maybe wash with sulfate shampoo every once in a while to remove the cones? You can see if diluting the harsh shampoo works maybe.

Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by emelnd View Post
    Glad you love your curls C.H. They are just gorgeous...

My hair keeps getting curlier with the curly girl method. I took pics today but I am busy now, maybe I will put those up next week or something. The thing is I have lots of spirals everywhere except for the crown of my head, even though the hair up there is shorter. I think my crown is 2a and the rest of my hair is more like 3a. It looks even stranger now that the rest of my hair got curlier.

Maybe I will try plopping again. That part of my hair doesn't even respond to finger twirling.

Have you tried clipping your roots into pincurls as they dry?

I'm just not ready to be a Renegray yet!
    Avatar credit to the lovely milagro

GRU, no, how does that work, do I just make some loops and clip them?

Ok, I just sprayed my crown with Kimberlily's spray, made loops and put on some clips. I'll see how this turns out. Thanks!

Length
    HL/38TBL/CLSC?
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by GRU View Post
    Have you tried clipping your roots into pincurls as they dry?
    That's a really good idea.

Length
    2in/43/42!
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/iii

I have to share this. Henna!!

I think my curls loosened up a little.. but since I quit doing all the curly girl stuff they have not been as prominent. (I love playing with my hair too much to keep on that method. Also, braids. They turn the spirals into wavy spirals. ) This had been clawed.. but the color! I love it!

Last edited by katsrevenge; August 10th, 2011 at 11:49 PM. Reason: spelling

Length
    22APL/28WSL/Class
    Type
    3b/F/i

Hello! I'm new at LHC, and I have not read this entire thread (it's 525 pages long, and I have way too many things to do! ) so please forgive me if much of this has been covered.

As I posted to the introductory board, I'm a multiracial curly girl-- I go with 3b because most of the time I do have nice spiral curls, but as other curlies will know curly hair can vary tremendously with the weather. My hair is also extremely fine-- it's own weight will pull it straight or very nearly so when it's bra strap length or beyond, and even a loose ponytail or bun results in stick-straight hair for me. I love my curls, and that's one of the reasons that I've cut it over the years. Now I'm thinking about growing my hair longer, but I will want to find a way to maintain my curls throughout. . . though I am not entirely certain that it's possible, especially at the top.

In any case, I'm eager to learn more about hair care, though I have never met anyone with hair quite like mine before. It is more common among multiracial individuals than anyone else, but even there it seems to be quite rare. *shrug* I'm tired of my thin, super-fine hair breaking off if I look at it funny, let alone touch it. I went water only a few months ago and developed an awesome waxy coating over my hair that I just loved, because my hair was smooth and shiny and well-behaved whether curly or straightened (again, not with heat or chemicals but just by putting it back into a bun). Last week, after reading here, I tried an egg/honey/oil conditioner and it stripped the waxy coating away, so I'm back to ultra-fine floofiness and constant breakage. Yeah, it's soft and shiny, but it was shiny before-- now it feels like baby hair again, it's constantly tangling and floofing and breaking and it's driving me up a wall. Aside from henna (I'm g-6-pd deficient) what can I do to thicken my hair up a bit, preferably without squashing my curls? I'm back to water only, but the waxy coating does not seem to be returning. In fact, I'm starting to think that maybe it wasn't my own sebum at all, but a leftover residue from the conditioner I'd been using before. I would rather not start conditioning my hair with the same silicone-laden stuff again (I like being a hippie!), but if that's all I can do then that's all I can do.

Length
    pixie/25"/30"
    Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

katsrevenge, that hair is gorgeous! I absolutely love the wurls, and the colour is so rich!

Welcome, RainbowHawk I, too, would be interested to hear how to make fine hair stick to its curl. Mine doesn't seem to be as bad as yours, but I still end up with that grown-out perm look far too often. I have no advice, unfortunately. Going no-cone worked well for me, and I haven't used henna since elementary school.

A question of my own: How does everyone "refresh" curls after sleeping? When I wake up, my wurls are still there, but they're all kinds of messy, and if I so much as finger comb, they straighten out a lot. Is there something I can do to keep the waves but have them look presentable?

Length
    18/18/40
    Type
    3b/M/ii

Welcome RainbowHawk!

Unfortunately, a lot of us deal with loosened curls as our hair gets longer. Right now my hair is almost BSL when curly and the top 1/5 is pretty much straight. Only the lower portions have maintained a lot of curl. I don't know of a way to deal with this. I think it's a trade off
    Every day is Thursday.

Length
    22APL/28WSL/Class
    Type
    3b/F/i

Well, I suppose I could live with it. . . if my hair would look nice at that length without the curl (it hasn't in the past, but maybe this time?).