Page 507 of 851 FirstFirst ... 7407457497505506507508509517557607 ... LastLast
Results 5,061 to 5,070 of 8501

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

CH, your hair is perfect, I wouldn't change anything! What is a twist-out?

Length
    Pixie/Waist/BCL?
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSky View Post
    BTW I am thinking during this non heat styling experiment the head band will be my best ally. When I have a bad hair day and can't spend time on my hair I just throw it on and it looks ok. I'm not an updo girl.
    I know what you mean. If I wear my hair up a couple days in a row, I start to feel boring! I like wearing my hair down nearly all the time, because curls are so wild and.... fluid, meaning they change ALL the time. I my curls can look wildly different from day to day, and I really love the variety.

Sometimes I can get a little bored of my hair down, but it takes me a while to get bored of it. I like a 3 days down/1 day updo, or 2 days down/1 day half up/1 day updo when I put 4 days between washes, or something like that. Basically, I like my hair to be mostly down most of the time.
    "I'm not cheating, I'm just decorating." ~ravenreed

Length
    HL/38TBL/CLSC?
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by GRU View Post
    Tightness matters, not spiralness... that's my story, and I'm sticking to it!
    But how tight can they be with only 3 inches of spring out of 35 inches of hair?

I think spiralness is a factor. But you have to compare apples to apples. Look at it this way, would you say someone with pencil-width S's and someone with pencil-width corkscrews have equally curly hair?

Length
    Pixie/Waist/BCL?
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by GRU View Post
    Tightness matters, not spiralness... that's my story, and I'm sticking to it!
    Agreed. Though sometimes my curls underneath (near the nape of my neck) get tighter due to space limitations (it's squished by the rest of my hair) and the weight pulling it tighter...

Length
    Pixie/Waist/BCL?
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by C.H. View Post
    But how tight can they be with only 3 inches of spring out of 35 inches of hair?

I think spiralness is a factor. But you have to compare apples to apples. Look at it this way, would you say someone with pencil-width S's and someone with pencil-width corkscrews have equally curly hair?
    I think S-shapes are just spirals that are flattened due to gravity or space restrictions. Like, if you took a single s-shaped hair and let it dry in an anti-gravity chamber, I have a feeling it would tighten up into a little coil. Maybe I'm crazy though....

Length
    HL/38TBL/CLSC?
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by emelnd View Post
    CH, your hair is perfect, I wouldn't change anything! What is a twist-out?
    It's when you section your wet hair into many sections (maybe 12-20), divide each section into two, and make a two-stranded twist. You let you hair dry that way in the twists, and then when you undo all your twists it gives you nice curls/wurls/ringlets. Results vary I think. But I can get pretty spirals with this.

Length
    Pixie/Waist/BCL?
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by C.H. View Post
    It's when you section your wet hair into many sections (maybe 12-20), divide each section into two, and make a two-stranded twist. You let you hair dry that way in the twists, and then when you undo all your twists it gives you nice curls/wurls/ringlets. Results vary I think. But I can get pretty spirals with this.
    I just did two twisted pigtails today (I'm used to them being called rope braids) on my dry 3rd day hair. I wonder if that will give me any interesting wurls? I'm excited to see! (and in the meantime, rope braids give a really cool twist on the traditional braided pigtails!)

Length
    HL/38TBL/CLSC?
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by chahuahuas View Post
    I think S-shapes are just spirals that are flattened due to gravity or space restrictions. Like, if you took a single s-shaped hair and let it dry in an anti-gravity chamber, I have a feeling it would tighten up into a little coil. Maybe I'm crazy though....
    Probably. But what's the tighter curl? One that spirals only in the complete absence of gravity, or one that still spirals in spite of gravity?

Looks like I might be in the minority here, I just don't see S's and corkscrews of equal width to be equally curly.

Length
    HL/38TBL/CLSC?
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by chahuahuas View Post
    I just did two twisted pigtails today (I'm used to them being called rope braids) on my dry 3rd day hair. I wonder if that will give me any interesting wurls? I'm excited to see! (and in the meantime, rope braids give a really cool twist on the traditional braided pigtails!)
    You should try it! It's definitely a great option if you want a fresh look while staying curly. You also get different results depending on the thickness of the twists. Once the twists are out, you can separate the sections further if you want to for a less chunky look.

I will try the twisty thing too. It makes sense, I know someone who slept in a french braid to get waves.