Results 5,041 to 5,050 of 8501

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MandyBeth View Post
    Thank you so much for your help!
    Happy to be able to help!

It's not pefect yet, and it'll be a while. Right now, she's got to have cones on the majority of her hair or it just snarls up and is a horrible mess to work with. The daily scrubbing with dishsoap just trashed her hair too much.
    This still makes my blood boil every time I see it.

Right now, we're doing the wash with the lighter C, then the coney heavy C soak in for a while, then rinse again and put in dilute light C. Let it dry and she runs around with it loose for a day. Then at night, I brush it out with the TT and put a good palmful or more of coconut oil and conditioner into her hair and braid it up in the Senco braid again for another week.
    So jealous of her.... I'd love to have a Senco braider in my house! (heck, I'd settle for a French Braider even!)

Figured she'd be tired of the braid by now, but nope, still likes it. But got to use larger sections than Arc shows or it tangles up too badly and it doesn't work for an impatient 6 y/o. Only can get a week out of the braid or the grow out makes it a huge mess that tries to mat up. Her hair grows crazy fast, doesn't look like it down, but wet or by the end of the week, you can see the new growth. She's got a good 2"+ of new growth since she came to us at Easter.
    And now I'm jealous of her even more than I was before! Lucky girl!

I'm just not ready to be a Renegray yet!
    Avatar credit to the lovely milagro

Length
    HL/38TBL/CLSC?
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

The pictures I promised--it happened! This is the day after my first attempt at the curly girl method. I think it looks a better now that the curls softened over the course of the day.

Account Closed by Member Request

C.H., your hair is gorgeous!!!!!!! Wow!!

Length
    HL/38TBL/CLSC?
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by curlsgalore View Post
    C.H., your hair is gorgeous!!!!!!! Wow!!
    Thanks, curlsgalore. I can certainly use some encouragement.

Anyone want to tell me if they think I'm actually 3b? One of the reasons I was dying to go CG and post some pictures is because I was starting to question my hairtype and hoped you guys would chime in.

Gregorian Enchantress Theobroma's Avatar
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

C.H., WOW!!! Those curls! Your hair is breathtaking!

Gregorian Enchantress Theobroma's Avatar
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by MandyBeth View Post
    Right now, she's got to have cones on the majority of her hair or it just snarls up and is a horrible mess to work with. The daily scrubbing with dishsoap just trashed her hair too much.
    I still can't get my head round anyone in their right minds using dish soap on a child's hair on a daily basis!

But you mentioned you're using coconut oil. Have you tried shea butter in addition? It popped into my mind when I read your post because I recently discovered that it works wonders on my own ends, which are somewhat the worse for wear from SLeS exposure and blowdrying and which tend to be grabby and tangly despite generous applications of coconut oil to my length. A bit of shea butter makes such a dramatic difference that I wish I'd discovered it sooner!

Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

C.H., even before I scrolled down to read the comments (and your question), my first thought was that you're a 3c rather than a 3b. Love love LOVE your hair!!!!

I'm just not ready to be a Renegray yet!
    Avatar credit to the lovely milagro

Unexpected Combination PinkyCat's Avatar
    Under the bed, waiting for dangling ankles...
    Length
    Black/Numbr/One
    Type
    3a/3b/F/ii

Holy. Moses. CH!

I agree with GRU: with curls that stay that boingy at that length, I'd deffinitely say 3c.
    Last edited by PinkyCat; July 26th, 2011 at 06:46 AM.

Lady Roseus
    of the
    Cherry Blossom Hallow in the Order of the Long Haired Knights. >x<)))> veni vidi crepi.

Length
    Pixie/Waist/BCL?
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by C.H. View Post
    The pictures I promised--it happened! This is the day after my first attempt at the curly girl method. I think it looks a better now that the curls softened over the course of the day.

OMG! Those are GORGEOUS! What is this nonsense with S-curls you were talking about?! Those are some damn fine ringlets.

Quote Originally Posted by GRU View Post
    C.H., even before I scrolled down to read the comments (and your question), my first thought was that you're a 3c rather than a 3b. Love love LOVE your hair!!!!
    Agreed. Not 3b at all, IMO. In fact, your curls remind me alot of the girl from tightly curly. Only I like yours better than hers!
    "I'm not cheating, I'm just decorating." ~ravenreed

Length
    24in/32in/31in
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Hi guys! Ive been reading the last few pages and am so thankful for the great advice and inspiration so far. After seeing some really gorgeous and inspiring curls from all of you .. (btw Chahuahua is my new hair idol) I am feeling like continuing my so far short journey to stop flat ironing my hair. I'm going to need this thread though for support. I posted my story on NC.com. HERE. I wanted to know if I should stop flat ironing twice a week especially since I don't see any damage to my hair. I even posted here a few times about my flat iron use and no regrets. Well the thing is Im starting to think that although Im not suffering from frizz, breakage and splits per se I am suffering from some amount of poofiness and dryness. Perhaps even lack of life in my curls. Also I was told if I can lay off the heat styling I may find my hair easier to handel day to day. THose are all major incentive for me. I've been doing a really low heat styling to no heat styling in the past month but I have to lay on the cones like no tomorrow.

Today I need to pick up a conditioner without cones. I already use a sulfate free shampoo. I'll also look into using more oils and aloe vera gel etc. I'm going to aim to try a CWC method for now. I've had some good results from conditioning and doing a quick cold rinse as my last shower step.... I'll keep that part up.

BTW I use to post on here and NC.com years ago more frequently. I was also on the CG method but had to stop after a month since I had some serious itchy scalp.

Anyways, Thanks for the inspiration. BTW the comment about coconut oil perhaps not working in the summer because of the heat and it giving hold in the winter was like a "duh" moment for me. How did I not think of that before LOL.

BTW My curls use to be 3b then 3a/3b now they are 3a I think ok maybe with 2c??? Im still in denial. Most of the change I think is from hormones from having kids. In my album you can see the 3b curls that I use to have before having kids.

Here is a pic of my 1st day hair

Here is a pic of my 2nd day hair
    Last edited by DarkSky; July 26th, 2011 at 08:21 AM. Reason: formatting etc.