Results 5,001 to 5,010 of 8501

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Length
    Pixie/Waist/BCL?
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Good to hear that shea butter works for you, I've been trying to find a good price on amazon for a while.
    If you DO find a good price on amazon, please send the link my way! Or if you live in the US and know of a store with a good price. Same goes for you, Theobroma! Thanks
    "I'm not cheating, I'm just decorating." ~ravenreed

Gregorian Enchantress Theobroma's Avatar
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by chahuahuas View Post
    If you DO find a good price on amazon, please send the link my way! Or if you live in the US and know of a store with a good price. Same goes for you, Theobroma! Thanks
    Eh... I live in Europe, so my sources won't be too useful to you, I fear! I got mine from a mail order place for about eight euros per 100g. Not excessively cheap, but a little of the stuff goes an awfully long way!

Length
    2in/43/42!
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Coconut oil worked really well for me in the winter; at the time I took that ugly bushy picture, in a earlier post, I had been using coconut oil until then. Not sure why it worked in winter but not summer.
    I was also one that thought "oil is oil is oil" so it made no sense to me that coconut oil suddenly sucked for me, but olive oil worked.

Good to hear that shea butter works for you, I've been trying to find a good price on amazon for a while.
    Even before I found this site I used different stuff in the winter then in the summer on both my skin and hair. Winter/early spring stuff (for me anyways) is very heavy conditioners, lots of heavy oils in body washes and "moisture rich" type shampoos and soap. The hair products I use (which aren't many) are more sealant things, but this year I'm going to try more oils. Summer/early fall stuff is much lighter, more sudsy and less oily. I'm loving aloe gel in my hair this summer, the look and curl I get if I load it in dripping hair is awesome (then I throw it in a towel turban for 10 minutes and let it air dry afterward). I get springs, it's so neat!

I break out like crazy or my skin itches like nothing if I try to use the heavy moisture stuff in summer or the lighter stuff in winter. So, I just toss the old stuff under the sink, and use it for other cleaning/dog bathing/shaving till it's gone or it is the right time of year again.

Length
    HL/38TBL/CLSC?
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

Camden Grey is the most affordable source I've found.

Length
    Pixie/Waist/BCL?
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by C.H. View Post
    Camden Grey is the most affordable source I've found.

Camden grey? is that online, or a physical store, or a brand...
    "I'm not cheating, I'm just decorating." ~ravenreed

It's winter where I am, and my impression as to why coconut oil works so well for me at the moment is that it resolidifies in my hair at room temperature and so holds my curls really well. And a well defined curl is shinier and less frizzy.

Maybe summer temperatures mean it stays liquified and doesn't have the hold factor?

Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

http://www.amazon.com/African-Shea-B...0928539&sr=8-2 It is only 5oz, but it goes a LONG way!

Length
    HL/38TBL/CLSC?
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

Camden grey? is that online, or a physical store, or a brand...
    http://www.camdengrey.com/

I was going to get the Herbal Essences gel, but I didn't because I saw a cone in the ingredients. I didn't know it was ok, because it is water soluble. I got the mousse because it was on sale. That is pretty good too, but I'll get the gel next time.

I saw some Brahmi oil that is herbs in coconut oil at an Indian grocery store nearby. Maybe I will try that. I don't really know what to do with oils, though I did use moroccan oil on dry hair before. That stuff is awesome but so expensive.