Results 4,751 to 4,760 of 8501

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Length
    -/WL/WL/HL
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Copasetic View Post
    . . . You have nothing to lose but your frizz?

Bahaha We can only hope!

How do you with curls like to wear your hair up? I love my hair worn down but I end up fiddling with it all the time. All my braids end up looking a little messy since my curls try to escape and I have no idea how to make my hair stay in a bun.

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Heatherzilla View Post
    How do you with curls like to wear your hair up? I love my hair worn down but I end up fiddling with it all the time. All my braids end up looking a little messy since my curls try to escape and I have no idea how to make my hair stay in a bun.
    Hey I have not been here in a while and missed you all but life was just too busy to do everything! I read up a bit and wanted to answer your question Heatherzilla since no one has yet

If I do a braid I usually detangle my hair first with a wide tooth comb and add some kind of oil (coconut usually). Then I braid and after smooth some more oil over the braid and other places that seem unruly. If you want to braid while curly then you can use the oil too just to smooth down some places. You have more curl to your hair than mine I see and just wanted to say some people would KILL to have little cute curls popping out

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil

Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

Read around in the various bun how-to articles and you'll find all kinds of ways to put your hair up. I like to do a simple twist-and-wrap type bun, kind of similar to the Nautilus, and hold it with a single hairstick. I can put my hair up in this bun in about ten seconds, start to finish, and it will hold all day.

Sometimes I detangle my hair and oil it a little for a nice smooth effect, and sometimes I leave it curly and a little looser along my scalp before making the bun, for more texture.

I'm just not ready to be a Renegray yet!
    Avatar credit to the lovely milagro

Type
    2b/M/C/iii

I'm not a curly, but a wurly who really likes to do rag curls, and as many as possible, which result in tight curls that I wear down on the first day, and up for following days. At the length that my hair shrinks to (about shoulder from APL+) the easiest updo for me is to make a bun using hairstick or fork. Its not neat by any means, but having the curls escaping looks really pretty. I've not tried braiding it, but part of the reason for that is I know my hair at APL barely makes a braid that doesn't undo itself, at shoulder the battle's lost before its begun.

Thanks for all the advice. =] The coconut oil definitely helped keep my braids neater and I've tried a few of the buns in the articles on here. My hair is mostly too short for them but I found a few new things I can do. I had no idea there were so many articles on here! I am going to be happily entertained trying new things for quite a while. =] Thank you all.

Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

Thanks for all the advice. =] The coconut oil definitely helped keep my braids neater and I've tried a few of the buns in the articles on here. My hair is mostly too short for them but I found a few new things I can do. I had no idea there were so many articles on here! I am going to be happily entertained trying new things for quite a while. =] Thank you all.

We've created a monster!

Seriously, though, welcome aboard.... this is an awesome place!

Gregorian Enchantress Theobroma's Avatar
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Have any of the curlies in these parts tried using AVG to help set their curls? I bought some in the hope that I'd get better curl definition and clumping, and it does help... but unfortunately it also makes my ends feel like velcro!

I don't know whether it's the aloe vera as such or some other ingredient in the gel I'm using. When I put it on my scalp hair to tame frizz it makes my hair feel smooth and soft, but let it get on the ends and they go hard and dry and yucky even though they're otherwise in good shape.

Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Theobroma View Post
    Have any of the curlies in these parts tried using AVG to help set their curls? I bought some in the hope that I'd get better curl definition and clumping, and it does help... but unfortunately it also makes my ends feel like velcro!

I don't know whether it's the aloe vera as such or some other ingredient in the gel I'm using. When I put it on my scalp hair to tame frizz it makes my hair feel smooth and soft, but let it get on the ends and they go hard and dry and yucky even though they're otherwise in good shape.
    Try adding a few drops of oil... my hair loves AVG + oil.

Length
    APL/21"/35"
    Type
    2c/M/C/ii

I ordered some Jojoba the other day, and the more I read this thread the worse these "pins and needles" get.

I've never put oil on my hair, and until reading here I never understood how. But now that my waves are coming through I find I just can't wait to try it!

GRU, when you mix the AVG and your oil, do you use equal parts?