Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Swedish-Italian Anglophile lost in Florida
    Length
    shldr/APL/WL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GRU View Post
    Like LJ said, the white dots at the root-end of your hair are the hair root that your scalp "kicked out of the house" when it shed the hair. See picture here: http://www.scalar.co.jp/gallery/img/gallery/m03b.jpg and see explanation here: http://www.pgbeautygroomingscience.c...wth-cycle.html

When you hear people complain about "white dots" on hair being damage and breaking points, they are almost always talking about dots closer to the ends of their hair (the bottom end, not the scalp end), where the hair has been physically damaged, and the white dot is a broken or smooshed part of the hair.

If you're not getting that "plucked out" feeling from a hair being literally ripped out of your scalp, then a hair with a white ball on the scalp end of it is just a typical shed hair.
    Phew Thanks! I know white dots are typically damage at the ends, I have those too. I was just worried that I had them all over my hair and that I actually have major breakage. Which is silly because my hair is quite strong. Anyhow, thanks for the help
    Madame Bovary's Basement * ~ * ~ * ~ Transatlantic Impressions * ~ * ~ * ~ My facebook

Shoulder - APL - BSL - waist - hip - tailbone

Length
    chin/bsl/class
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Quixii View Post
    Similar to 09robiha, I just wanted to check in and say hi. I've been reading the new posts in this thread but haven't had much to contribute.
    My waves/curls have been more wavy and less curly now that it's summer, but that tends to happen. My hair doesn't like summer. >.<

I'm officially cone and sulfate free, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to stay that way. I've been using that newish Tresemme naturals conditioner and some organic shampoo (just on my scalp, I never shampoo the length any more). But yeah, it seems to make my hair pretty happy.
    Now that it's summer I may actually try oiling and stuff. I keep saying that, but I have much less excuse now. xD I don't really want to become dependent on products (I love being able to just wash and let air dry my hair), but if anyone has a suggestion for something that their hair just absolutely loves, maybe I'll try it out. At least for the summer, which, as I mentioned, my hair doesn't like.

But yeah. There's your blabber-post from Quixii. xD
    Hi Quixii long time no see! your new sig pic is absolutly stunning I am so jeloussss!! LOL. If you really wanted to try a product all i would recommend is aloe vera gel or a curl creme as there pretty simple and only take an extra minute or so to rake through.

Lover of Rainbows & Curls Quixii's Avatar
    Length
    0?/knee+/knee
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by 09robiha View Post
    Hi Quixii long time no see! your new sig pic is absolutly stunning I am so jeloussss!! LOL. If you really wanted to try a product all i would recommend is aloe vera gel or a curl creme as there pretty simple and only take an extra minute or so to rake through.
    Hiya!
    Yeah. Currently if I want to use any product I'll use Aloe vera gel, which does seem to work fairly well for me. I'll just never shake the feeling that there could be something better.
    Knee+ length! Lady Gelôs, Keeper of the Silken Aulaeum in the Order of the Long Haired Knights <3

Length
    chin/bsl/class
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Quixii View Post
    Hiya!
    Yeah. Currently if I want to use any product I'll use Aloe vera gel, which does seem to work fairly well for me. I'll just never shake the feeling that there could be something better.
    personally I use several products. I use a hard hold gel (Garnier), a curl creme (Boots) and have about 4 differant conditioners that I rotate beacause I always think I can find something better!! I never had any look with Aloe Vera not enough hold for me

Account Closed by Member Request

AVG isn't a hard enough hold for me either, and the air up here is too dry to have extra humectants in my hair for most of the year

my hard hold gel of choice is Herbal Essences Set Me Up, which holds with polyquaternium-4. I find that PvP gels don't hold as well and feel ... like i have a layer of dust on my hair after i scrunch out the crunch.

Length
    chin/bsl/class
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Athena's Owl View Post
    AVG isn't a hard enough hold for me either, and the air up here is too dry to have extra humectants in my hair for most of the year

my hard hold gel of choice is Herbal Essences Set Me Up, which holds with polyquaternium-4. I find that PvP gels don't hold as well and feel ... like i have a layer of dust on my hair after i scrunch out the crunch.

I really want to try that but alas i am her in the uk

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Barniie View Post
    Curlsgirl, do you have a picture of your curls to share with us? Im sure everyone would appreciate it!
    Oops sorry just saw this! I need to take a current pic (I am SOOOOOOOO bad about that!) but if you want to see me a friend request you can see my picture album!

Quote Originally Posted by DonyaleM View Post
    Anyone hiding their curls for the summer? It gets sooooo hot wearing my hair down and curly for the summer. In the winter time I love it, but in the summer I just get overheated quickly!
    I need to do this again. It has gotten hot way earlier here this year! I am DYING!

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil

Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

Yaayyy! Summer curls! I've discovered that if I use a ton of detangler (Kinky Curly Knot Today), Curl Keeper, and gel (LaBella), with occasional oilings, I get great hair. Soft, bouncy, and pretty much without frizz. My only problem is that my curls improve their pattern when I consistently wear my hair curly, but since my hair is getting longer I end up braiding most of the time. Bummer.

Length
    16/22.5/Hip
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i

I'm definitely keeping my summer curls, but then again my hair isn't even shoulder length yet. I think today I'm going to try not using any leave in conditioner, the dewpoint has been NUTS over here recently, in the 80s most of the time, so I think some of my frizzies have been due to being overly humid from the combo of too much conditioner and the air.
    Lady Aruna, Curl Crowned Matriarch of the Golden Song in the Order of the Longhaired Knights!

Length
    bob/TBL/TBL
    Type
    2c/F/M/iii

We have head upper-90-degree heat with high humidity and heat advisories lately, so if I go outside it's definitely with my hair up! It's so thick and hot on my neck otherwise!
    Reached classic mid 2014, cut back to hip. Now at tbl and liking the length