Page 3 of 851 FirstFirst 123451353103503 ... LastLast

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Length
    22/22/40
    Type
    2b/2c/C/iii

It's so cool to see other curlies and wurlies like me. Just out of curiosity, I'd like to know what your number 1 best curly hair tip is. What's the one thing you can't live without?

Length
    pixie/bsl/bsl
    Type
    3a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Starr View Post
    it's strange to not be the girl "with the big hair" anymore.
    I know EXACTLY what you mean. Since my hair shaped up and stopped being so poofy when I changed how I took care of it, I've been mostly glad to have such well-defined, frizzless curls.

On the other hand, I think I got really attached to being a "big hair" kind of girl, and it's hard not to have that identity to lean on. It's who I was for so long, and so while I like my "new" hair, I kind of miss my old mystique more than I miss the actual "old hair."

Maybe part of the reason I want long hair is that it's a replacement for "big hair."

~~CurlyNinja~~3A/M/ii~~

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

im a wurly curly! 2b/c my front is more curly than wurly though! nice to see fellow wurly curlies, my hair hates winter cant wait also for summer when i can just let my hair go curly wurly wild!
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip

Length
    ?/35/48
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Wurly girl here, hi everyone! 2c/3a and can't wait for it to warm up and get a bit of humidity in the air. I'm either staticy frizz or controlled-but-greasy from using the shea butter to try and keep my hair less dry. I love my wurls but they don't love winter!

Just now I'm washing every 4-5 days, but every morning I get my hair wet in the shower and put some conditioner on the ends. I put my shea/coconut/jojoba mixture on the ends morning and night. Yep, it takes that much stuff to keep my ends from drying out to where they break! (It doesn't help that my ends have some old chemical dye on them, I trim once in a while but don't want to lose the 3" it would take to get rid of the dye)
    Lady Tockene of the Motherboarde My Albums

Capaciously Curly redcelticcurls's Avatar
    Length
    Some/Happy/N/A
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Mahars View Post
    It's so cool to see other curlies and wurlies like me. Just out of curiosity, I'd like to know what your number 1 best curly hair tip is. What's the one thing you can't live without?
    My number one tip would be to be sulfate free, though this doens't work for everyone. I guess that for me it plays into moisturization. Sulfates take it away from me. More moisture = better curls. Drier hair = less curl.

The one thing I cannot live without is conditioner!! I am loving two right now.
    Coarse, porous curly. User of conventional dye and conventional products.
    Lady Coventina of the Sacred Spring in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Curly Ninja and Starr, I used to have big hair too! I think it started finally growing down at about 25 inches or so LOL! I don't miss it at ALL!

Mahara, The one product or thing I couldn't do without as a curly would be probably coconut oil if I HAD to pick one. AG re:coil would be a close second as far as a product is concerned.

If there was a tip I would say NOT trying to straighten my hair with a blow dryer, brush or iron!!! I do this VERY occasionally now like once or twice a season if that much. Otherwise I let my hair dry by itself or use a blow dryer very sparingly just to get some of the moisture out on cold days.

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil

Idiopathic Subgenius Xandergrammy's Avatar
    Length
    15"/52.5/termi
    Type
    2c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Mahars View Post

My number 1 wurly tip is to not touch my hair when it's wet. AT ALL

Avatar picture is Mystic Mermaid byJessica Galbreth Copyright 2006
    Proud vice leader of the Renegrays -Pictures!

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Xandergrammy View Post
    My number 1 wurly tip is to not touch my hair when it's wet. AT ALL
    Oooooooooooo that's good! Yes! Me too!!!

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil

Grandmas have more fun JKRBeloved's Avatar
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

The most important things I've learned (since realizing I AM a wurlie, not just a frizzy head) is to use some leave-in product, scrunch, gently rearrange or pincurl any misbehaving bits of curl, and then DON'T touch.
    Last edited by JKRBeloved; March 10th, 2008 at 05:06 PM.

Shine like stars in the universe. Philippians 2:15

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    **/**/**
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Another wurly checking in!