Page 27 of 851 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127527 ... LastLast

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Length
    22/22/40
    Type
    2b/2c/C/iii

Thanks for the info girlcat36, missy60 and Curlsgirl. Dryness is definitely a concern for me, so I guess I'll try some other things before I take the plunge to order online. I know what you mean about it being a pain to have to order. I wonder why they don't sell it in stores.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Type
    2c/3a/M/i

Hi fellow Wurlies

Has anyone tried herb washing and with what results? I'm going to take the plunge and try it sometime this week/next week, depends when I have the time to experiment in the kitchen

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by pariate View Post
    Hi fellow Wurlies

Has anyone tried herb washing and with what results? I'm going to take the plunge and try it sometime this week/next week, depends when I have the time to experiment in the kitchen
    What kind of herbs are you going to use? I guess the closest thing I have tried is Chagrin Valley shampoo bars. Not much success for me I'm afraid. Let us know what you try and how you like it!

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil

Type
    2c/3a/M/i

I'm going to try Icydove's method, cleansing with a shikakai and amla brew, followed by a conditioning tea. I'm going to experiment with marshmallow root, elderflower, rose and fenugreek. I'll try one at a time obviously, and compare the results I get.

I'm excited. I love finding new routines to try!

ETA: Cassia has done wonders for my hair this week. That's kinda what sparked my interest in herbal washing.

Length
    APL/MBL/waist
    Type
    2b/2c/M/i

I haven't done any herbal washings only CO and that always leaves my hair smooth but I had posted how my hair hadn't curled like it did and I think now that my son has been born it is the humidity that affects it. during the winter I had no wave. I was so dissappointed because I loved my curls. but just recently since it has been warming up I have been scrunching my hair again and I started using the BEYOND THE ZONE super sexy wave spray and that seems to really help my wurls clump together to get a wurl. I am really liking it because I like that it doesn't leave my hair hard if I scruch where I applied and I have always noticed that if I spray then scrunch and leave alone for a little so that it will dry some and go back and add more my curls come out great. I know I know product junkie but I noticed my wurls come out the best like that.

love this thread because women with my type hair especially curlsgirl

Loves coffee & updos Chamomile betty's Avatar
    Length
    20.5/BS/30
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

I haven't done any herbal washing but I'll be waiting to hear about your results pariate.

Speaking of moisture, I decied to try White Rain and it left my hair dry. I went back to the ol' V05 because my hair feels pretty moisturized.

My hair was very curly the other night after my CO. I've been letting it air dry for a bit and loved the results. Must be this nice warm air comming in with Spring
    20.5 ~ BS ~ 30 *Natural Blond w/ High & Lowlights* Bangs/Long Layers* Cone and Non Cone Products
    Always trying new products & styles.

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by groque View Post
    I haven't done any herbal washings only CO and that always leaves my hair smooth but I had posted how my hair hadn't curled like it did and I think now that my son has been born it is the humidity that affects it. during the winter I had no wave. I was so dissappointed because I loved my curls. but just recently since it has been warming up I have been scrunching my hair again and I started using the BEYOND THE ZONE super sexy wave spray and that seems to really help my wurls clump together to get a wurl. I am really liking it because I like that it doesn't leave my hair hard if I scruch where I applied and I have always noticed that if I spray then scrunch and leave alone for a little so that it will dry some and go back and add more my curls come out great. I know I know product junkie but I noticed my wurls come out the best like that.

love this thread because women with my type hair especially curlsgirl
    I would love to see a picture! And welcome!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chamomile betty View Post
    I haven't done any herbal washing but I'll be waiting to hear about your results pariate.

Speaking of moisture, I decied to try White Rain and it left my hair dry. I went back to the ol' V05 because my hair feels pretty moisturized.

My hair was very curly the other night after my CO. I've been letting it air dry for a bit and loved the results. Must be this nice warm air comming in with Spring
    I love my VO5! What's your favorite? Mine is strawberries and cream!

I also got a trial bottle of Giovanni smooth as silk conditioner the other day and I like it a lot better than the 50/50. It is a lot more "slippy". They also started carrying all the BWC stuff at my area health food market. Oh dear. That's not good for a product junkie!!!

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil

Length
    22"/25"/35"
    Type
    3b/3c/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by pariate View Post
    Hi fellow Wurlies

I used herbs to wash my hair. I usually did it after my weekly overnight oiling with Vatika Oil. I would use a mixture of Shikakai, Amla, Bhringraj, Brahmi, Neem, Feenugreek and other herbs (not sure of the exact recipes, since they were all in my old journal from LHC). I mixed the herbs with boiling water to form a paste, let it cool and then applied the mud to my wet hair. I would leave it on in the shower while I did everything else. It is much like Henna in the sense that you have to rinse it out well in order to get all of the powder out of your hair. I found that it left my hair very soft.

I plan to go back to herb washes, I just haven't had time for it. HTH.
    24" 3c/m,c/iii

Length
    1mm/term?/:/
    Type
    3b/C/ii

Another curly checking in!

I haven't been in LHC for a looong time (tried a couple of times but it was down) and I am glad to see that it is back, and seemingly better than ever

I should stick to it since I've never had better hair than when I was a regular around here. Not obsessing about it constantly made me lazy with my routines, and after a few months, left wondering why my hair was so yucky??

I just did a cassia treatment and so far I am loving it

I think I need to stablish a new routine. The only thing that I certainly want to keep is the leave-in I use: Make me Smooth's On The Mend. It really works great for me. Anyone here use it or other MMU products? Sorry if it was already mentioned, I haven't reall all the thread...

I would also like to try some herbal wash and/or conditioning. A visit to the eastern shop is due...

Length
    APL/MBL/waist
    Type
    2b/2c/M/i

Quote Originally Posted by Curlsgirl View Post
    I would love to see a picture! And welcome!!!
    right now my hair is straight but after I wash and fix it I will put up a pix.