Page 268 of 851 FirstFirst ... 168218258266267268269270278318368768 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,680 of 8501

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Length
    21"/39"/44"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

When I was airdrying in a rope braid, after tying it I would twirl the tassel as well, in the same direction I twirled the two sections in the ropebraid. It blended well enough for me.

Soft hair that is nice to sit on - now I'm bragging!

Length
    2 in/MBL/???
    Type
    3c/4a/M/ii/iii

Maybe the problem is leaving a tassel? I twist all the way down, even if it means taking hair from one twist section and combining it with the other so the rope braid contines all the way down. I do this with braids too.
    Lady Libra, Bardic Gloriana, Duchess of the Land of a Tall Hayre Tale in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    21"/39"/44"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by ladylibra View Post
    Maybe the problem is leaving a tassel? I twist all the way down, even if it means taking hair from one twist section and combining it with the other so the rope braid contines all the way down. I do this with braids too.
    But you need to tie it somewhere, don't you? My tassel is usually less than an inch long btw.

Capaciously Curly redcelticcurls's Avatar
    Length
    Some/Happy/N/A
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/iii

Okay then... so I am the only curly here that likes braidwaves! They have to be from smaller braids though, in order to look decent.
    I like braidouts and twistouts on 3c and up hair.
    Coarse, porous curly. User of conventional dye and conventional products.
    Lady Coventina of the Sacred Spring in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    Some/Happy/N/A
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/iii

Back to normal hair.

Well, I've reached the end of blowout endurance.

Yesterday, the last 10 inches or so was getting really puffy. But, since it has rained every day since my blowout, getting 6 days out of it was pretty good. I did a little S&D since I'm post-color and it is a lot easier to do on the straighter hair.

I did an overnight DT last night with Curl Junkie Curl Rehab (the gardenia one that smells lovely) and oiled the last foot or so on top of that with Greenridge Herbal Hot Oil hair Treatment.

As a whole, I really hate liquid oils on my hair as they just make my hair all crunchy and dry and seem to block moisture. I like buttery type oils as a sealant on damp hair on wash days. Oil sealing on damp hair does help the whole porosity thing.

But, this liquid one I like, if only on really wet hair. Maybe it has to do with the way it is blended. I still had the bottle from the winter, which had one application left. I also like the rosemary smell it has. My hair felt much better this morning. My nape where my coarsest hairs are) had started to get itchy and wiry feeling, partly from the fresh color, and probably partly from the arrival of fall weather.

I rinsed this morning and used a keratin rich conditioner. My hair is still wet, but it does feel nice and back to normal.

Length
    2 in/MBL/???
    Type
    3c/4a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi_234 View Post
    But you need to tie it somewhere, don't you? My tassel is usually less than an inch long btw.
    These are two big twists/rope braids wrapped around each other, but I figured the visual would help illustrate my point better than words:
    Last edited by ladylibra; September 30th, 2009 at 11:50 AM.
    Lady Libra, Bardic Gloriana, Duchess of the Land of a Tall Hayre Tale in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    21"/39"/44"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

RCC it sounds like a nice oil, although EVOO does just fine for me as a hot oil treatment (it's just a little PITA to remove heh).

Now my time to share, an annoyance though - I read a little bit about polyquats on NC, and found them in my cone free conditioner I've been using. How annoying is that?! It's the only brand of conditioners that don't contain cones, but do contain EDTA (which is essential for me since I regularly swim in a icky chlorine pool). The only alternative might be Nature's Gate conditioner, but they are 4 times the price!

Length
    Some/Happy/N/A
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/iii

SOme polyquats build up more than others. If it's not building up, I wouldn't worry about it.

But, if one is getting unexplained buildup, learning about polyquats is helpful.

Length
    21"/39"/44"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

These are two big twists/rope braids wrapped around each other, but I figured the visual would help illustrate my point better than words:
    lol my rope braid is much less chunky than yours and I jusy twist the tassel without tying it too. Looking at my own best rope-braided curls pic, I don't see any weird ends. I think people with different curl type might able to get it to twist that well below the tie, which results the weird ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by redcelticcurls View Post
    Some polyquats build up more than others. If it's not building up, I wouldn't worry about it.

But, if one is getting unexplained buildup, learning about polyquats is helpful.
    Well, I can never be sure, since I have some icky tangly velcro like ends all the time. But information is power, so it's good to be aware that something can build up on my hair after all.

Length
    chin/bsl/class
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

curly girls offer me your pearls of wisdom!!.....
    I have 2b/c type hair with growing out layers that just frizzes and looks horrid no matter what. I always put in leave in conditioner and scrunch it up but it still frizzes around the top. What am i doing wrong? Also how do you revive day after hair?