Page 267 of 851 FirstFirst ... 167217257265266267268269277317367767 ... LastLast
Results 2,661 to 2,670 of 8501

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi_234 View Post
    Yeah, I can't clone you a body too So have a picture that shows all your hair (preferably clamped together, as opposed to laying all over the shoulders) and all the way below to to your goal so I can add it there.
    Okay!

Oh, you shouldn't leave it in? Oops. I used it like a regular gel.

I dislike braidwaves, I think it works better for people with wavy hair.
    Me too! They look stupid on me and just straighten my hair more. I think you are right, people with wavy or straight hair seem to like them better.

Quote Originally Posted by Quixii View Post
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one! I always felt guilty for not liking braid waves. I just really don't like how the look in hair, though people with a natural waviness similar to the one braid waves give can look okay..

Now, rope braid waves/curls on the other hand - I'm so excited! I did my first rope braid Saturday night (the #1 thing I wanted to learn when I joined LHC) and it gave me these great curls (since it was still damp) that even day are here and my friends noticed. I'll for sure be doing more damp rope braiding and rope braiding in general. Now if only I could get my ends to blend in to the rest of the hair!
    Oh my gosh I have GOT to try this! So just leaving the ends out to curl up doesn't blend in with the rest?

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil

Mad SCIENTIST!
    Length
    1/26.5/35
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Yeah I hate braidwaves on my hair, just looks weird!

Yay for ropebraids! I love them, they are so freaking awesome! Did you see my rope braid curls? I used to do my hair like that all the time, but for some reason they don't work for me well anymore. I still love my dreadcurls
    Me too! I feel they look hideous on me! Really unnatural.

Rope braids and bun curls all the way.

Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Yeah I hate braidwaves on my hair, just looks weird!
    The same for me. I should try rope braids again though, it looked very nice the two times I managed those.
    (Lady Seirêne of the Unmatched Voice in the Order of the Long Haired Knights)

Type
    2c/M/ii

Any 'waves' from a style just fight with my natural curl/wave pattern and I end up with very funky creases and bends - even hair that sticks straight up or out to the side.

Luckily as long as I style my hair after it's dry, having it bunned or braided doesn't mess up my curls much.

I do love to do a loose rope braid over each shoulder with wet hair - it gives me the best clumps.

Length
    2 in/MBL/???
    Type
    3c/4a/M/ii/iii

Okay then... so I am the only curly here that likes braidwaves! They have to be from smaller braids though, in order to look decent.
    Lady Libra, Bardic Gloriana, Duchess of the Land of a Tall Hayre Tale in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

It's funny because I like braidwaves, but I dislike the look of ropebraid waves. To me it looks unnatural. When I can manage them, I love bunwaves, though.

Length
    short/short/long
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

Oh, you shouldn't leave it in? Oops. I used it like a regular gel.

I dislike braidwaves, I think it works better for people with wavy hair.
    XD I meant like a leave-in conditioner, with normal gel and styling product applied above it. Instead of using it as a gel.

I hate braidwaves, but those were the best I've ever gotten. Still sucked though.

As far as my hair being straightened, I didn't get the chance to ask her yesterday. Besides which, she's acting like a jerk as always. I may just get it straightened; might be emasculating and expensive, but at least I won't have to listen to her bitch.
    (Lord Caswallawn of the Crushing Blow in the Order of Longhaired Knights)

Lover of Rainbows & Curls Quixii's Avatar
    Length
    0?/knee+/knee
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Curlsgirl View Post
    Oh my gosh I have GOT to try this! So just leaving the ends out to curl up doesn't blend in with the rest?
    Not really. Definitely more blended than if I had done it on, say, my sisters 1b (or so) hair, but still a difference. Maybe I just have to make sure I get all the way done to the end.
    Knee+ length! Lady Gelôs, Keeper of the Silken Aulaeum in the Order of the Long Haired Knights <3

Length
    37/32/32
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Flynn View Post
    Me too! I feel they look hideous on me! Really unnatural.
    Me too! I know part of that is my how my hair tapers it just causes some funky looking braid waves

Length
    37/32/32
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Quixii View Post
    I'll for sure be doing more damp rope braiding and rope braiding in general. Now if only I could get my ends to blend in to the rest of the hair!
    Yeah...let me know if you get that figured out. I have trouble with my ends being straight while the rest is wavy/curly .