Page 190 of 851 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190191192200240290690 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 8501

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Length
    28"/42.5"/48"
    Type
    3c/M/C/iii

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

I've seen that website several times and I'm still in awe of her hair. . .
    Lady Starr Weaver of the Celestial Heavens in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    3b, M/C, iii, 40"
    Straightened length with fairy tale ends in siggie pic

Length
    14/19/25ish
    Type
    3b/M/ii/iii

Hi my name is Asia. I am new to this site and redcelticcurls steered me this way. I am really excited about growing out my hair. I cant wait.

Length
    APL/42/here!
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by redcelticcurls View Post
    I'm looking at this site this morning, and you all must go over a drool over her long beautiful curly hair. It's amazing!

http://tightlycurly.com/Welcome.aspx
    Her hair is so inspiring! I've tried her method before, but I really need hair gel for it to work. That might be because even the tightest of my curls are about twice her diameter. It held ok for a while but humidity and wind poofed it all up by the end of the day. Has anyone else tried her method?

Cat Lady, Yarn Maker, Trail Seeker

Length
    SL/23.5"/30"
    Type
    3c/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by eyesofsummer View Post
    Her hair is so inspiring! I've tried her method before, but I really need hair gel for it to work. That might be because even the tightest of my curls are about twice her diameter. It held ok for a while but humidity and wind poofed it all up by the end of the day. Has anyone else tried her method?
    Yeah, it worked just fine for me. My hair curls almost exactly like hers does.

But it took a lot of shopping around to find the best conditioner. Hello Hydration was one she mentioned that worked divinely for me. I guess it also depends on how you wear your hair too and how much conditioner is used. I've even used a diffuser at one point, which really helped when I didn't want my hair to frizz.
    <--FYI, the avatar is me, just wearing a wig, my protective style of choice

Length
    Nape/Waist/Waist
    Type
    3a/M/ii/iii

I've seen that site and her hair before, it's so gorgeous!

I have to wonder if it would work for caucasion hair though? It seems all her before and afters are of black or mixed race. I was considering trying it out for fun, but I think it would be just too heavy for my caucasion fine hair.

Capaciously Curly redcelticcurls's Avatar
    Length
    Some/Happy/N/A
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by manderly View Post

I have to wonder if it would work for caucasion hair though? It seems all her before and afters are of black or mixed race. I was considering trying it out for fun, but I think it would be just too heavy for my caucasion fine hair.
    Actually most of what I use is heavier than what she uses, and I'm not weighed down at all.

If she were to add hair gel, her routine isn't all that different that what many of the curlies at nc.com do.

ETA. FWIW, most of what I do for my routine I learned on the 4A boards at nc.com

Politics and racial issues aside, curls are curls and the care can be similar no matter what race the curly.
    Coarse, porous curly. User of conventional dye and conventional products.
    Lady Coventina of the Sacred Spring in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Type
    2c/M/ii

I treat my hair almost exactly like she does (shampoo scalp, detangle over shoulders with gobs of conditioner, I usually use gel to set my curls instead of leave-in condish because my hair is very thinned right now), and I couldn't be more white. I also don't have tight curls except in a couple small spots on my head. Hair type has a lot more to do when it comes to curls, than race. For a wavy like you, or fine or thin hair, it might be too much product.

Capaciously Curly redcelticcurls's Avatar
    Length
    Some/Happy/N/A
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/iii

And texture and porosity can play more into than hairtype. I know wavies who use more product than I do since their hair is more coarse.
    Coarse, porous curly. User of conventional dye and conventional products.
    Lady Coventina of the Sacred Spring in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Type
    2c/M/ii

Damn, manderly! I take calling you 'wavy' back, your hair is as curly as mine when you try!

Length
    short/short/long
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by redcelticcurls View Post
    Actually most of what I use is heavier than what she uses, and I'm not weighed down at all.

If she were to add hair gel, her routine isn't all that different that what many of the curlies at nc.com do.

ETA. FWIW, most of what I do for my routine I learned on the 4A boards at nc.com

Politics and racial issues aside, curls are curls and the care can be similar no matter what race the curly.

Yep; however, I'll state that her mthod with cones did absolutely nothing for me. It probably would, given the right conditioner, product, etc., but from what I did try, it did nothing.

Which also proves my point; I'm mixed race.
    (Lord Caswallawn of the Crushing Blow in the Order of Longhaired Knights)