Page 171 of 851 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181221271671 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 8501

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Length
    short/short/long
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

I dunno. In any case, I won't be ordering it now. XD Not worth the risk. My hair -hates- protein unless it's begging for it.

http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/prod...ryId=cat120006

I have KT, and it's all-right. I think I prefer my KBB Hair Milk, but it's a nice leave-in. I've used it as a rinseout...twice, maybe, and that was okay too. Not great though. XD;

I think I'm going to go with Aubrey. I'll get a bottle of White Camellia while I'm at it. I've heard good things about it from others too, and it's worth looking into. I've only tried Honeysuckle Rose.
    (Lord Caswallawn of the Crushing Blow in the Order of Longhaired Knights)

Type
    2c/M/ii

I absolutely adore the White Camellia. It's so moisturizing but doesn't weight my hair down at all. I use HR too, but it's hit or miss - depending on my leave-in it often makes my hair stringy. Better for deep treatments.

Length
    17/17/30

Quote Originally Posted by Flynn View Post
    From the ingredients tab on that same site:

Water, Isopropyl Myristate, Triethanolamine, Acrylamide/Sodium, Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Spirulina Platensis Extract, Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenoxyethanol, Phenyl Trimethicone, PVP, Benzyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Arctium Lappa Root Extract, Hedera Helix Extract (Ivy), Trigonella Foenum Graecum Seed Extract, Panthenol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter, Butylene Glycol, Algae Extract, Mangifera Indica Fruit Extract (Mango), Actinidia Chinensis Fruit Extract (Kiwi), Urtica Dioica Extract (Nettle), Equisetum Hiemale Extract, Orchis Mascula Flower Extract, Cucumis Sativus Fruit Extract (Cucumber), Hedychium Coronarium Root Extract, Zingiber Officinale Leaf Extract (Ginger), Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Extract (Rosemary), Avena Sativa Kernel Extract (Oat), Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydroolyzed Wheat Starch, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Wheat Amino Acids, Panthenyl Hydroxypropyl Steardimonium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Rice Protein, Fragrance/Parfum, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium Benzoate, Ceteth 20, Carbomer.

Er, yup.
    Ick! my hair would be yuck by the end of the day!!

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by darkwaves View Post
    I'm still experimenting. This week, my hair is doing best with a heavy conditioner (Biolage -- I think it's the conditioning balm, parabens but no cones, used as a leave-in), followed by CurlKeeper.

But JKRB, there is a problem with letting my natural curl pattern free! I have bizarre whorls and crowns, which look like bald streak and spots. So after shaking and scrunching, I also bobby pin to try to force the hair to go down, no up, across my crown. Fun, isn't it!
    I use Biolage a lot as a leave-in, almost every wash actually. I think CK is the only curl product I have NOT tried and there you go making me

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil

Length
    short/short/long
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Curlsgirl View Post
    I use Biolage a lot as a leave-in, almost every wash actually. I think CK is the only curl product I have NOT tried and there you go making me
    I've used it too, and I really like it. It's worth the money. I'm debating buying some in the bigger size.

I'm fairly certain the ingredients are similar to KY though.

Length
    17.5/17.5/27.5
    Type
    2c/M/iii

thanks, i already clarified before i started. i may clarify one more time since i don't think i did again after i wore my hair with a lot of hairspray. I'm also going to go ahead and try a new gel. Pretty much my gel should have no cones, no alcohol, be clear and maybe try polymers right?

Length
    short/short/long
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Dez View Post
    thanks, i already clarified before i started. i may clarify one more time since i don't think i did again after i wore my hair with a lot of hairspray. I'm also going to go ahead and try a new gel. Pretty much my gel should have no cones, no alcohol, be clear and maybe try polymers right?
    Not necessarily. No cones, yes, but some alcohols aren't bad. Ceteryl alcohol should be fine, but alcohol denat. is something you should avoid. Clear doesn't really matter as long as you're not using aloe, but most gels are at least translucent.

Also, yes, clarifying after hairspray use is a good idea. Even without cones, it bones hair follicles together and makes a mess. XD

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by GlassEyes View Post
    I've used it too, and I really like it. It's worth the money. I'm debating buying some in the bigger size.

I'm fairly certain the ingredients are similar to KY though.
    KY? What is that? I am drawing a blank

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil

Length
    short/short/long
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Curlsgirl View Post
    KY? What is that? I am drawing a blank
    XDDD; Erm, well. It's a "personal lubricant" that gained popularity on NaturallyCurly as a sort of "underwear" for curls under a bunch of product. It's used similarly to how Curl Keeper can be used--either alone, or with product on top, though I use it over it.

Type
    3a/M/C/iii

Now you guys have made me interested in Biolage. Which particular one do you use?