Page 159 of 851 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169209259659 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 8501

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Length
    Nape/Waist/Waist
    Type
    3a/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

I protected my hair from mussing last night as much as possible with a sleep cap, and today I had to help my mom with housecleaning for the vacation rental, so I put it up in a peacock twist with a ficcare and added my little headband thingy

Length
    18+/39/???
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Yep, those are curls all right!

Idiopathic Subgenius Xandergrammy's Avatar
    Length
    15"/52.5/termi
    Type
    2c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by manderly View Post
    I protected my hair from mussing last night as much as possible with a sleep cap, and today I had to help my mom with housecleaning for the vacation rental, so I put it up in a peacock twist with a ficcare and added my little headband thingy

Oh yeah, you're a curly!! Gorgeous and I love that headband thingie.

Avatar picture is Mystic Mermaid byJessica Galbreth Copyright 2006
    Proud vice leader of the Renegrays -Pictures!

Length
    18+/39/???
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

I've decided to start using hair products - gels, etc. -- again, as it's finally warm enough that I don't mind wearing my hair long and curly... And that means washing in the morning, and going to work with damp hair.

What's the favourite curl-hold product these days?

I see a couple of people recommending KCCC, which looks interesting... Has anyone with fine hair tried this? I have a lot of hair, but it gets weighed down easily.

I also like the idea of scrunching with T-shirts, or those new curl towels -- but they are expensive!

Also, does anyone like that Mixed Chicks leave-in we were talking about a while ago? I got some and whew! I had to re-wash my hair. To me, it smelled like ammonia and felt drying on my hair.

So, suggestions welcome!

Grandmas have more fun JKRBeloved's Avatar
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by darkwaves View Post
    I've decided to start using hair products - gels, etc. -- again, as it's finally warm enough that I don't mind wearing my hair long and curly... And that means washing in the morning, and going to work with damp hair. What's the favourite curl-hold product these days? I have a lot of hair, but it gets weighed down easily.
    Darkwaves, my favorites right now are from Curly Hair Solutions (firzzoff.com). They are cone free and light in the hair, and they have several different products, I use "Silk Leave-In Conditioner," "Curl Keeper," and "Gel". I also like the way "Sunsilk Hairapy Captivating Curls Gel & Cream Twist" holds, but I can't find it everywhere.

Shine like stars in the universe. Philippians 2:15

Idiopathic Subgenius Xandergrammy's Avatar
    Length
    15"/52.5/termi
    Type
    2c/M/iii

[QUOTE=JKRBeloved;666535I also like the way "Sunsilk Hairapy Captivating Curls Gel & Cream Twist" holds, but I can't find it everywhere.[/QUOTE]

JKR, drugstore.com has it.

Avatar picture is Mystic Mermaid byJessica Galbreth Copyright 2006
    Proud vice leader of the Renegrays -Pictures!

Length
    short/short/long
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by redcelticcurls View Post
    Yeah, this is what I was thinking; that it would be a 3a with some gel.

Manderly, your hair looks quite nice curly.

I am a huuuuge hair toucher, but, I'm a twirler.
    Same. It's a horrid habit. xD;

If a single strand so much as comes out of my bun, it's getting twisted. That's how bad I am. xD It gets worse when I'm nervous.

@darkwaves: OOOH, I HAVE FINE HAIR (I think) AND I USE KCCC. I TRY to use it to weigh my hair down NOW, but you have a lot more length and weight than me. If you don't use much, you shouldn't get weighed down too much; I like using less, but my hair has too much volume and I don't like it. When I use less, I get hold, but not crunch. I scrunch out crunch, but I like it better when it's instantaneous softness. xD;

Also, I -HATE- Mixed Chicks. And to me, it smelled of peanut butter/soybean oil.

Oh, I've used Curl Keeper and Curly Hair Solutions Gel as well, and they're both good. I really like Curl Keeper. Sometimes I can get away with using just that an a leave-in.

Hm. What else do I like? I must say KCCC trumps all the other products I've used. If you use gel over it, there's no way in heck you're getting frizz, but I usually go without the gel.
    (Lord Caswallawn of the Crushing Blow in the Order of Longhaired Knights)

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Darkwaves, I have recently gone back to my old favorite AG Re:coil and I sometimes layer it with LA Looks blue sports gel. It's very cheap and as good as any I have tried. I get the nicest curls with this combo. KCCC sort of makes my curls a little more relaxed but very soft so I still use it once in a while. Nice to see you! Your hair is looking gorgeous!!!

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

I went to the salon and it took them an hour and a half to blow and iron my hair but it is SO silky and nice!!! I haven't ever had silky straight hair like this and am really enjoying it for now! It is past waist like this too and feels SO long. When I wear it curly again it will seem really short I am sure!

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil

Length
    short/short/long
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

Lucky you. I can't stand my hair straight. I look bad and it makes my skin break out, though not a clue as to why. I bet it looks great on you though.

On me, however...I get too many god awful comparisons...that, sadly, aren't true. xD;
    (Lord Caswallawn of the Crushing Blow in the Order of Longhaired Knights)