Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Long Haired Bible Thumper Debra83's Avatar
    Length
    ear/bsl/HIP
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/i

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jessie58 View Post
    Hi Debra. I see your hair has grown since your avatar pic. You need a new one. . You do have nice curly hair.
    I found over the 3 1/2 years that I have been on this board that I tried many different things and methods but never seemed to find the perfect combination. However lately a good haircut, that was done in such a way to encourage my curls, made a big difference in my hair. I also realized that many gel products that I rejected before because of the stiffness, could be scrunched out or softened up after you let your hair dry thoroughly. So then you get the great curls and the softness after the scrunching.

Thanks for that hint, I appreciate it!!! Will probably keep the av awhile longer though, I like to compare the now to the then in my sig pics/sig line. I find it encouraging to see how quickly it is actually growing, as compared to how slowly it feels like it is growing!
    Debra LHBT
    December 25, 2013 - length check -12t/1 cut
    Lady Aedos of the Pureheart Grace in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Capaciously Curly redcelticcurls's Avatar
    Length
    Some/Happy/N/A
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by GlassEyes View Post
    Online or at some whole foods. I believe you can check the Kinky Curly Site for stores that carry it, as well as order.

CurlMart used to stock it, but they haven't been lately. It's a pretty damn hot ticket item.

Also, my hair is drying still, but it -feels- nice. Odd, since it felt sticky/stiff after I applied it. I'm using it over GVP conditioning balml and KBB Hair Milk with some CHS Curl Keeper for kicks.
    I think it's been out in many places lately. My local Whole Foods has been out for weeks. I guess the demand is larger than the supply.

This does happen now and again with Kinky Curly, and I/we just have to ride it out.

I've been using that custard for two years, and I still love the stuff.
    Coarse, porous curly. User of conventional dye and conventional products.
    Lady Coventina of the Sacred Spring in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    neck/shld/APL
    Type
    3b/3c/F/M/i

So C2G, you use a leave in conditioner and then apply your gel after?
    Yes, for me, I always use leave-in first then the gel or other styling product. I need the leave-in for detangling (I always rinse out my regular conditiner completely in the shower) and extra conditioning, and the gel or styler to keep the curls curly and tame frizzies during the day.
    May 2010

Length
    short/short/long
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

I think I will try my AG leave in conditioner and then my AG Re:coil after and see how that works for me. I usually use one or the other but I'll bet with the right amounts, they would work nicely together.
    I always use a leave-in with my gel. I guess it isn't completely necessary, because my hair is soft enough with CO anyway. But I always feel it isn't, because it feels stiff after a wash, but always dries just fine if I use nothing, barring frizz. xD

Quote Originally Posted by redcelticcurls View Post
    I think it's been out in many places lately. My local Whole Foods has been out for weeks. I guess the demand is larger than the supply.

This does happen now and again with Kinky Curly, and I/we just have to ride it out.

I've been using that custard for two years, and I still love the stuff.
    I'm just going to order some from the site, then hope they stock it again at NC so I can get it with other stuff/with discounts. :P

Also, YOU'RE STILL HERE! You haven't posted here in a looooooooong time.
    (Lord Caswallawn of the Crushing Blow in the Order of Longhaired Knights)

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Brisen View Post
    I'm glad I found this thread! I have hair that makes ringlets when it dries on its own, but they are temperamental and I'll end up with wavy hair with a few curls on the end by the next day. And my hair stays fairly straightish down to about my ears -- similar to the actress who plays Pam on The Office (except mine is frizzy, lol).
    Your hair sounds exactly like mine although plopping doesn't work for me. For frizz and extra hold I find layering products really help. I start with a leave-in like Biolage condioning balm, then work in some curl cream and then maybe a gel. I don't comb this through usually just work it in with my fingers well. Then I use a gel like KCKT or LA sports gel for a little extra hold and to totally eliminate the rest of the frizz and let it dry completely without touching!!! Then I scrunch out the crunch lightly and I get great results.

I think I will try my AG leave in conditioner and then my AG Re:coil after and see how that works for me. I usually use one or the other but I'll bet with the right amounts, they would work nicely together.
    I always used a leave-in and holding cream and/or gel together. One is not enough for the best results for me.

Hi Redcelticcurls! I have missed seeing you around here!

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil

Length
    Some/Happy/N/A
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/iii

Hee! ReddishRocks's posts over at NC has my checking in more!

Type
    3a/M/C/iii

G2G, GlassEyes, Curlsgirl, now that I know your secret of using both products, you can bet I will be trying the same, you all have gorgeous hair.

Speaking of gorgeous hair, RedCelticCurls, I haven't seen you around in a while either and I LOVE your hair.

Length
    short/short/long
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

G2G, GlassEyes, Curlsgirl, now that I know your secret of using both products, you can bet I will be trying the same, you all have gorgeous hair.

Speaking of gorgeous hair, RedCelticCurls, I haven't seen you around in a while either and I LOVE your hair.
    Haha, thank you. Your's is very nice too. I don't know if I said that your recent cut looks nice, but it does.

Also, agreed on RedCelticCurls' hair.
    (Lord Caswallawn of the Crushing Blow in the Order of Longhaired Knights)

Length
    Some/Happy/N/A
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/iii

Thanks guys!

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Awwwwww Jessie you are 2 sweet! I always loved your hair too! And you are totally right about the others!!!

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil