Page 15 of 851 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115515 ... LastLast

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Welcome Anne!!! Sit down and have some chocolate!

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Where is everybody?

I just CWCd and then used the KCKT and the KC custard. I am letting it dry now and am anxious to see the results! I used a minimal amount and will work up if it doesn't do well. I also skipped the coconut oil to see what that was like with this. I used a little bit of gel for hold over it.

I'll report back when it's dry which may be in the morning! I also am tracking this in my blog if anyone is interested!

Oh yeah it doesn't feel weird to me like some said over on Nat Curly, just feels a bit heavy perhaps and right now doesn't look like it is going to curl as tight but I read that is normal until you scrunch after it's dry. I read somewhere for curlies never to go to bed with dry hair. Yeah right! I would have to wash in the morning and besides going to bed with mine damp has never caused frizz for me like it said. Oh well!

(stops yammering and leaves thread for others to get a word in) LOL
    Last edited by Curlsgirl; March 18th, 2008 at 06:03 AM.

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil

Capaciously Curly redcelticcurls's Avatar
    Length
    Some/Happy/N/A
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/iii

Curlsgril, I hope it works for you! I still think the KCCC feels like snot going in, but I loved it.

I did a whole head oiling today. My hair is super soft and boingy, but sitting above APL right now
    Coarse, porous curly. User of conventional dye and conventional products.
    Lady Coventina of the Sacred Spring in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Yes it does feel like snot going on but I tried not to think about it LOL! This is from my blog today:

Okay I couldn't WAIT to report what my hair looks like this morning! It's a thick mass of waves and beautiful CURLS!!! No frizz and very soft! I really am totally amazed! I think I need more "hold" not sure and perhaps to distribute the product better. But I really am truly in LOVE with my hair today!

THANKS RCC!!!!! Um I may have a few more questions for you.

Curls & Kinks Galore! nappywomyn's Avatar
    Length
    bald/17/38
    Type
    4b/F/M/ii/iii

Noooooooooooooooo!! I really don't need to hear any more raving reviews of KCKT! Or the KCCC, either, for that matter. *sits firmly on hands*

{~*~} Nappydelphia (updated!) {~*~} Official Bibliodragon {*}

Loves coffee & updos Chamomile betty's Avatar
    Length
    20.5/BS/30
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

I glad you guys are finding something that works.
    Not sure about the feeling like 'snot' thing but hey, as long as the hair looks wonderful go for it.
    20.5 ~ BS ~ 30 *Natural Blond w/ High & Lowlights* Bangs/Long Layers* Cone and Non Cone Products
    Always trying new products & styles.

Type
    3b/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by nappywomyn View Post
    Noooooooooooooooo!! I really don't need to hear any more raving reviews of KCKT! Or the KCCC, either, for that matter. *sits firmly on hands*

<Sitting in the corner with nappywomyn resisiting the urge to order KCKT & KCCC>

Lady Myhriss of Beauty Afire

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Cichelle View Post
    How about a medium hold styling glaze like the one made by Biotera? I'm fairly confident it doesn't have cones, but I'm not so savvy on all the long words and such. I used to use it a long while ago. I liked how I could smooth my hair after it dried and the glaze would become soft, yet still hold. But it's been some time since I used it. Hopefully, they didn't change the formula.
    I use this and love it! I only have to use a small amount but it doesnt dry my hair out at all. If I get carried away sometimes I do get a little crunch but it scrunches out very easily. It not very costly but its not a drugstore gel they sell it at Sally's.

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

RCC Im glad you mentioned having straighter roots in the winter. I havent been a curly girl very long and I was getting curlier roots but they are so much straighter lately. My routine is giving me consistantly curly hair now so thats a plus. They havent been curling all the way to the roots though and I just couldnt figure out why.

Your hair is a lot curlier then mine so I guess Im just having winter curls to. Thats good to know

Capaciously Curly redcelticcurls's Avatar
    Length
    Some/Happy/N/A
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by missy60 View Post
    RCC Im glad you mentioned having straighter roots in the winter. I havent been a curly girl very long and I was getting curlier roots but they are so much straighter lately. My routine is giving me consistantly curly hair now so thats a plus. They havent been curling all the way to the roots though and I just couldnt figure out why.

Your hair is a lot curlier then mine so I guess Im just having winter curls to. Thats good to know
    It could be that, or it ould be a hairtype thing. One of the differences between a 3a and a 3b is root curl. A 3b usually has more root curl than a 3a, and a 3c has the highest starting curl.

Of course, druer air can do the same thing, so might not know about your roots until the weather changes.
    Coarse, porous curly. User of conventional dye and conventional products.
    Lady Coventina of the Sacred Spring in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!