Page 139 of 851 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149189239639 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 8501

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Account Closed by Member Request

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

c2grow,
    hi. that seems like a lot of vinegar to me. i use 2 tbs per quart.

Length
    neck/shld/APL
    Type
    3b/3c/F/M/i

Speck, what type curls do you have and how long is your hair? I'm trying to gauge if we've got a similar situation and then I will copy you. A few articles on the internet re: vinegar rinsing said to use 1/2 to 1/3 cup:1 quart water, so that's what I was going by. But again, I have no real experience with it, so I'm open to advice!

Must have been a dark spot in my hair's past because I don't even mention it in my blog, the last time I did it.

ETA: Kicks self. I see your hair type in your stats now.
    May 2010

Quote Originally Posted by curls2grow View Post
    Speck, what type curls do you have and how long is your hair? I'm trying to gauge if we've got a similar situation and then I will copy you. A few articles on the internet re: vinegar rinsing said to use 1/2 to 1/3 cup:1 quart water, so that's what I was going by. But again, I have no real experience with it, so I'm open to advice!

Must have been a dark spot in my hair's past because I don't even mention it in my blog, the last time I did it.

I'm 3a/b (more b), shoulder when curly, mediumish thickness, very dry/semi porous.

Quote Originally Posted by curls2grow View Post

wet - gives you an idea about length.

Type
    3a/M/C/iii

I'm just popping in to say that I recently got my hair layered. I had a really good hairdresser that left most of the length and she knew how to work with curly hair. She took off so much weight and all the nasty dry lifeless canopy. I have my curls back now and my hair is light and springy. I like it so much.

You can see my before pic first and then there is a picture of the after cut but still wet. I rinsed with water, then put in some AG Ultramoist conditioner. I rinsed it out, then put in some AG leave in . After that I put in some AG Re:coil and scrunched. No combing. I just let it dry.

Length
    Pixie/BSL++/Waist
    Type
    2c/M/C/ii

Layers are my friend! Slight hijack...Tessa...Jessie58 your curls look lucious!
    Lady Caillech, Protector of Gaia in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Not all those who wander are lost.
    Blog Pics MY ETSY STORE: SilverHoundStudio

Length
    neck/shld/APL
    Type
    3b/3c/F/M/i

I agree, Tessa, your cut looks wonderful! I am trying to get more length (to APL dry) before I start with layers -- or I will never make it to APL.

MountainGypsy -- incredible how much your avatar resembles your sig pic! Well done! I keep trying those programs and none of them come close to looking like me.
    May 2010

Grandmas have more fun JKRBeloved's Avatar
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Wow, Tessa! You can really see the difference. Lovely. It's such a relief when you find a stylist who understands your hair and really tries to do what you ask.

Shine like stars in the universe. Philippians 2:15

Type
    3a/M/C/iii

Thanks guys, I have not had any curls for about a year now, only wavies and those kinky wurls all the way down. I am so happy to have my curls back. Even though my hair is thinned way out, I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by GlassEyes View Post
    Welcome to the world of curls.

Now start combing in the shower with conditioner in, or you'll never be happy again. xD Very few people with curly hair can get away with combing when dry without having it dry in a braid/bun or being blown out, and certainly not when their hair is showing it's true nature. Combing when wet with conditioner in is probably your best bet. The only time I've heard of brushing/combing for GOOD curly hair when dry is when it's being smoothed into a bun or another updo, and then only at the root.

You may also want to look into CO washing. Also, I use a pick and a comb in the shower; both should be fine. Both ARE combs, after all. xD
    Thanks.

Due to extreme sensitivities I'm bound to homemade products only, so I'm now attempting to figure out how to make a conditioner with that same thick + creamy + slippery texture and moisturizing properties characteristic of the commercial product. It does sound like CO and combing in the shower is what my hair needs! Let the experimentation begin.