Page 138 of 851 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148188238638 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 8501

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Length
    neck/shld/APL
    Type
    3b/3c/F/M/i

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

This morning I took the plunge and tried the KCKT and KCCC combo. I was pleasantly surprised with my newbie results, since I was usure how much of each product would really work for me. I made sure not to touch while air-drying (although I did do some patting; I was intrigued by how crunchy the curls were). It scrunched out well. I even applied a bit more after I scrunched out, because some places needed more coverage to control the curl.

My curls looked pretty, natural (mostly formed curls with a few pieces that were not so cooperative), more shiny than usual, no wet look on my scalp like I usually get from my other gel, soft to the touch after scrunching, and I like the smell of the products.

I cannot believe how long it took me to get my act together and finally try this stuff! I still have more experimenting to do, but I'm just so happy that I liked the stuff my first try. Will post with more updates after more tries.
    Last edited by curls2grow; May 26th, 2009 at 06:07 AM. Reason: typo
    May 2010

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Curls2grow, so glad you tried and seem to like the KCCC. I adore the stuff . It is moisturizing, but in an odd sort of way. For me, it's an amazing gel (rather than curl enhancer), but it has this rubbery finish that is so much better than the drying gels I've tried. I didn't much care for KCKT, though-I get much better results using any other leave-in. My best advice-if you like the stuff, stock up when it's available and when it's on sale !!!

Length
    neck/shld/APL
    Type
    3b/3c/F/M/i

I'm happy to hear that you both had good results using leave-ins other than KCKT, because I love my other leave-ins and will try those with KCCC at some point.

Naturelle (formerly Aura) Hypo Gel from Sally's has been HG for me for years, but I recently realized it may be contributing to the extra dryness I've been getting, even though it's alcholol-free. I know that gray hair is drier than naturally pigmented hair, so that on top of my thoughts about the Naturelle gel had me concerned -- because everything else I use on my hair is moisturizing.
    May 2010

Account Closed by Member Request

c2grow,
    Your hair is so beautiful! You made a good decision to stop coloring.

Length
    neck/shld/APL
    Type
    3b/3c/F/M/i

Thank you, Speckla!
    May 2010

Type
    3b/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by curls2grow View Post
    This morning I took the plunge and tried the KCKT and KCCC combo. I was pleasantly surprised with my newbie results, since I was usure how much of each product would really work for me. I made sure not to touch while air-drying (although I did do some patting; I was intrigued by how crunchy the curls were). It scrunched out well. I even applied a bit more after I scrunched out, because some places needed move coverage to control the curl.

My curls looked pretty, natural (mostly formed curls with a few pieces that were not so cooperative), more shiny than usual, no wet look on my scalp like I usually get from my other gel, soft to the touch after scrunching, and I like the smell of the products.

I cannot believe how long it took me to get my act together and finally try this stuff! I still have more experimenting to do, but I'm just so happy that I liked the stuff my first try. Will post with more updates after more tries.
    I keep thinking about trying these products. I can't wait for follow up reports. Does anybody have a link to their site?
    Last edited by coppercurls; May 25th, 2009 at 10:26 PM.

Lady Myhriss of Beauty Afire

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    37"/39"/term
    Type
    3a/M/ii

http://kinky-curly.com/shop.php

You can also find the kinky curly products at curlmart at naturallycurly.com. On the KC site, they have a page where you can see which Whole foods (various states) stores carry their products.

Length
    SL/BSL/WL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

I'm really late to the party! But big time curly here!

I've been flatironing my curls for over 15 years. Now I have to re-learn how to love and take care of curls :P I have a LOT to get to reading in this thread! holy moly!

Type
    2c/3a/F/M/i

Me too Paper Moon! It's so good to know there are lots of other wurlies & curlies out there.

Length
    neck/shld/APL
    Type
    3b/3c/F/M/i

Reviving the vinegar rinse topic... I have not tried a vinegar rinse in years! Last time I did, I was coloring my hair, just started CG routine, and I thought it made my dark brown dyed hair look a bit brassy. So I never went back to it. It's entirely possible that my ratio of vinegar to water were wayyyy off, since I was new to the whole CG game.

I usually get around to doing a lemon juice rinse every few months, but my hair has been dry and very uncooperative lately. I bought some Bragg's apple cider vinegar about a year ago, thinking I would try it as a toner (never did open the bottle when I thought more about that). So over the weekend I am going to give the ACV rinse a try again. I think I am going to start with a ratio of 1/2 cup ACV to 1 quart water, since it's been a lonng time since I clarified in any way.
    May 2010