Page 127 of 851 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137177227627 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 8501

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Length
    Pixie/Waist/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Hello! I think I count as a curly now - I get loose spirals when I air-dry and leave my bamboo comb alone!

One question - has anyone discovered a way to keep fine, tangle-prone hair neat without combing it through? Every time I do, the curl gets pulled apart into waves!

Length
    short/short/long
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Freija View Post
    Hello! I think I count as a curly now - I get loose spirals when I air-dry and leave my bamboo comb alone!

One question - has anyone discovered a way to keep fine, tangle-prone hair neat without combing it through? Every time I do, the curl gets pulled apart into waves!
    Combing while wet with conditioner in does this for me.

Though be glad you can detangle dry; if my hair turned into waves when it was combed instead of EXPLODING I'd be pretty happy. XD

Also, I just ordered some Boots off the britsuperstore site, though I've no idea if I got the pink or white. I just did it on a whim because the price was low (though the shipping cost more, it was still far less than I've spent in the past), and I got two.

I figure if I HATE it it'll convince me to finally start a swap thread and offload some of this stuff I've amassed. I have Giovanni, Curls, Mixed Chicks, and a bunch of products I DON'T bloody use. xDhttp://forums.longhaircommunity.com/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=523068;
    Last edited by GlassEyes; March 30th, 2009 at 04:48 AM. Reason: missing letters annoy me. D<
    (Lord Caswallawn of the Crushing Blow in the Order of Longhaired Knights)

Length
    20"/42"/term
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by GlassEyes View Post
    Combing while wet with conditioner in does this for me.

Though be glad you can detangle dry; if my hair turned into waves when it was combed instead of EXPLODING I'd be pretty happy. XD
    I can understand that. It annoys me horribly. If I try to detangle, it explodes, and if I don't take a long time detangling, half curls and the other half starts trying to dread, 'd sure love one OR the other.
    ~Ny
    Lady Nynaeve of the Sword in the Order of the Longhaired Knights

Inflammatory Breast Cancer - No Lumps, Not detected by mammograms.
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ad.php?t=63326

"Some women don't want the land, or gold. Just the man..." ~Nynaeve
    "For in the plot we find more than just a man, we find the idea of that man, the spirit of that man, and that is what we must never forget." Evey (V)

They say you shouldn't ever comb/brush curly hair when it is dry. It'll always pull out the curl, make it frizzy and it could cause damage. Part of my learning to accept my curly hair was to realize that it would never look the same as someone with straight hair. I used to envy their 'neat professional' hair and found mine looked wild and unruly.

I never comb or brush my hair when it is dry - only when it is wet. I learned after finding nc.com that I wasn't using near enough products in my hair. I also thought that you only used one styler at a time; it never occurred to me to layer styling products. Once you find some products that work for you, you have to make sure that you're using enough of them. You'll still get strands of hair that don't match the rest of your head if you don't get all the product distributed equally.

I always have to use a leave-in conditioner - that alone helps cut out the frizz and makes my hair much healthier. After I comb the conditioner through (I usually use a Denman brush for that), I finger comb my curl cream through - once with my head tipped upside down and again when my head is up ... otherwise I miss the back centre of my head! I then 'plop' my hair into a Curlease towel and put my makeup on. After I take it out of the towel, I'll scrunch in a bit of gel and dry my hair using a diffuser.

I diffuse my hair until the curls are well formed. If I diffuse too long, it'll make it frizzy, but my hair takes forever to dry so air drying isn't an option for me. If I do this, my curls don't look messy. I usually get well defined curls with little to no frizz. Mid-day, I'll often use a curl boosting spray or conditioning butter and scrunch it in. It helps pump the curls back up and renews the curl definition.

The jessicurl.com website has a video on "plunking"; naturallycurly.com calls it 'plopping' .... I won't even tell you what my husband said to me when he saw me talking about plopping on my computer !!

HTH ... it may be alot more information than you were looking for !!

They say you shouldn't ever comb/brush curly hair when it is dry. It'll always pull out the curl, make it frizzy and it could cause damage. Part of my learning to accept my curly hair was to realize that it would never look the same as someone with straight hair. I used to envy their 'neat professional' hair and found mine looked wild and unruly.

I never comb or brush my hair when it is dry - only when it is wet. I learned after finding nc.com that I wasn't using near enough products in my hair. I also thought that you only used one styler at a time; it never occurred to me to layer styling products. Once you find some products that work for you, you have to make sure that you're using enough of them. You'll still get strands of hair that don't match the rest of your head if you don't get all the product distributed equally.

I always have to use a leave-in conditioner - that alone helps cut out the frizz and makes my hair much healthier. After I comb the conditioner through (I usually use a Denman brush for that), I finger comb my curl cream through - once with my head tipped upside down and again when my head is up ... otherwise I miss the back centre of my head! I then 'plop' my hair into a Curlease towel and put my makeup on. After I take it out of the towel, I'll scrunch in a bit of gel and dry my hair using a diffuser.

I diffuse my hair until the curls are well formed. If I diffuse too long, it'll make it frizzy, but my hair takes forever to dry so air drying isn't an option for me. If I do this, my curls don't look messy. I usually get well defined curls with little to no frizz. Mid-day, I'll often use a curl boosting spray or conditioning butter and scrunch it in. It helps pump the curls back up and renews the curl definition.

The jessicurl.com website has a video on "plunking"; naturallycurly.com calls it 'plopping' .... I won't even tell you what my husband said to me when he saw me talking about plopping on my computer !!

HTH ... it may be alot more information than you were looking for !!

sorry about the duplicate post, not sure what happened there .... of all posts to have twice

Type
    2c/M/ii

Hey curly people,

I am getting ready to post a 'type my hair' thread, just out of curiosity. The rules are 'let your hair dry naturally without any product or manipulation'. With product, my hair is an overall 2c, a 3a on wash day with scrunching, and with an area around my neck that is a very curly 3b. Without it, due to the dryness of my length (which was damaged by cone abuse and Sun-in on the ends) and the incredibly fluffy natural state of my hair, I think I'm more a (poofy) 2a!

I was wondering if any of you can relate. If so, do you count what your hair looks like most of the time as your hair type? I think it would be kind of silly to type myself as a moderate wavy when most of my hair is in ringlets or s-waves 90&#37; of the time.

Type
    3b/3c/F/M/ii/iii

This puffyness happens to me too when I use no product, but it happens after a while of bein dry, not inmediatly after it dries.
    Maybe this happens to you too?
    If it does, you could take the picture before the puffyness takes over
    Also, using flash could help identify the texture even if it's puffy, I think. You should try it and see how it comes out.

Type
    2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleAshes View Post
    This puffyness happens to me too when I use no product, but it happens after a while of bein dry, not inmediatly after it dries.
    Maybe this happens to you too?
    If it does, you could take the picture before the puffyness takes over
    Also, using flash could help identify the texture even if it's puffy, I think. You should try it and see how it comes out.
    Nope, it goes straight from wet strings to dry poof (with the canopy drying first of course), unless there's zero humidity in the air. Holding completely still will help a little but as soon as the bulk of the hair gets any movement, it gets huge.

Well, I haven't tried drying without product for a few months, maybe it will be curlier this time. Won't know til I try!

Length
    ???/31wst/35tb
    Type
    3b/M/ii

Am I the only curly that uses no conditioner and no leave in and doesn't add anything to the hair? All I use is shampoo, which gets very well rinsed out. Sometimes I spray on some apple cider vinegar at the end and then rinse that out well too. (It makes it shinier.) I get maximum curl from just combing my hair while wet with a part down the middle, then just flipping my head upside down and shaking so the wisps get loosened from sticking to each other.

Someone said we curlies can't get a neat and professional look, but I can. After it is dry, I can roll both sides and clip them in the back, then pull the rest up on top of where I clipped it and arrange it into a bun of curls. I'll try to get a pic soon.