Page 124 of 851 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174224624 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 8501

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Length
    18/18/40
    Type
    3b/M/ii

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

On the day I wash my hair, it dries to its normally 3a/b, but after a couple of days the curls loosen up a lot. I last washed my hair on Sunday, and today it is more like 2c. Does this happen to anyone else?
    Every day is Thursday.

Type
    3b/M/C/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Copasetic View Post
    On the day I wash my hair, it dries to its normally 3a/b, but after a couple of days the curls loosen up a lot. I last washed my hair on Sunday, and today it is more like 2c. Does this happen to anyone else?
    Yeah, this happens to me all the time. I have the best curls on the day that I wash my hair.
    CG since 6/22/04
    sig pic 10/30/09

Length
    SL/BSL/Waist
    Type
    3a/M/ii

That happens to me as well depending on the mood of my hair. Sometimes not much of a change between days.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    37"/39"/term
    Type
    3a/M/ii

I have this problem too, but lately depending on the products I use (more natural), I will actually get 2nd and 3rd day hair...yay! I have some pics in my album now of a few do's and will add more later.

Length
    nape/waist/waist
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

I used to be wavy, but now that I've cut off 5" of previously chemically dyed hair that was dragging out my waves, I think I qualify as wurly

Length
    18/18/40
    Type
    3b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by mitabird View Post
    Yeah, this happens to me all the time. I have the best curls on the day that I wash my hair.
    Same here, but I just can't bring myself to wash my hair everyday.
    Every day is Thursday.

Type
    3b/M/C/i/ii

Same here, but I just can't bring myself to wash my hair everyday.
    Me neither, LOL. I think I tried it once for 3 days in a row and it was way too much work. Every other day works for me.
    CG since 6/22/04
    sig pic 10/30/09

Type
    2c/F/i/ii

I just found this tip:

"To curl your hair and make it look trim, instead of wetting it just as you are dressing it, as women generally do, wring out a towel in very hot water and wrap it round the head. It will moisten but not wet the hair, bring out all its curl, and make the hair easy to dress."
    (Ann Harding - her article is here: http://www.1920-30.com/fashion/1927-hairstyles.html)

I'm wondering if this would save some time in the morning, I'm still having trouble with bedhead.

I am a life-long curly. I finally decided to stop fighting it and learned to love my hair a few years ago. The best thing I did was grow my bangs out ... they were a source of stress to me before that !! I used to straighten my bangs, which really doesn't match the rest of my head ... and the least little thing sent my bangs into fuzzy horns at the side of my head.

The best thing I did was stop shampooing everyday and when I shampoo (about every 3rd day, I don't use one with sulfates in it). I have only recently starting getting decent 2nd day hair. The longer my hair gets the more often I get 2nd day hair that I'd leave the house with. Even though I often have to wet my hair, I don't shampoo. I scrub my head under the water and then condition it. I also HAVE to use a leave-in conditioner everyday.

The most important lesson for me was how to use products. Before searching online, I never realized that curly haired gals often have to layer their products and usually need a lot of it. Since I've discovered that, I'm much poorer, but have much better curls!!

The healthier your hair is the better it looks ... whether you're curly, wurly or straight !!

Length
    20"/42"/term
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii/iii

This happens to me quite often, and since I haven;'t been taking the best care of my hair, the hair isn't very curly when it first starts drying, it takes it a bit, then it's suddenly BAM! wurly curls for a day, then fades into odd waves at the top and gets curlier the further down you look.
    ~Ny
    Lady Nynaeve of the Sword in the Order of the Longhaired Knights

Inflammatory Breast Cancer - No Lumps, Not detected by mammograms.
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ad.php?t=63326

"Some women don't want the land, or gold. Just the man..." ~Nynaeve
    "For in the plot we find more than just a man, we find the idea of that man, the spirit of that man, and that is what we must never forget." Evey (V)